Democrats Under Fire After Magpul Leaves

This is a discussion on Democrats Under Fire After Magpul Leaves within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I haven't seen this anywhere.If it's a dup,then obviously delete. Democrats under fire after Magpul move leaves $80 million dent in Colorado...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Democrats Under Fire After Magpul Leaves

Democrats Under Fire After Magpul Leaves

I haven't seen this anywhere.If it's a dup,then obviously delete.

Democrats under fire after Magpul move leaves $80 million dent in Colorado

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    It seems when you don't stand up for your rights and jobs can disappear hopefully disasters like this will not continue, I hope that Co. can turn this around and that they do not turn into the second California.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Legalized marijuana is projected to bring in an additional $67+ million to Colorado, so it wouldn't surprise me to see the Dems pass this off as basically and even swap. Basically a "fixed size pie" approach to life, as opposed to making the pie bigger.

For me personally, I would rather have Magpul in my back yard than a bunch of pot growing and selling operations.
    OD*, wmhawth, gatorbait51 and 9 others like this.

Good & I hope the fire is very hot - they deserve no less
    oneshot likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

You shall reap what you sow.

Gonna take them a year to pull out
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Got what those Dems voted for. All those Kommiefornia Transplants have really wreaked havoc on this State. And Bloomberg {Snake} just loves it.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; January 10th, 2014 at 06:00 PM.

May this be the nail in the coffin for Colorado democrats.

Kudos to Magpul for keeping their word. Despite what some people may think, a move is a rather expensive thing for a company to do. I'm glad to see Magpul decided to bite the bullet, stand up for their beliefs and stand behind what they said. They could have easily came out and said after crunching the numbers, it just wasn't feasible and they'll have to stay put. I believe their business will be a lot better off now, in more ways than one.

They aren't the only company leaving their oppressive state in the rearview mirror and let's hope they won't be the last.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

They gave them all the pot they wanted they secured their election for a long time.
    Who cares about guns when you can have pot
    gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    People vote with their feet and pocketbooks!

Law of unintended q................................................. ...
    gatorbait51 and Stevew like this.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    Legalized marijuana is projected to bring in an additional $67+ million to Colorado, so it wouldn't surprise me to see the Dems pass this off as basically and even swap. Basically a "fixed size pie" approach to life, as opposed to making the pie bigger.

For me personally, I would rather have Magpul in my back yard than a bunch of pot growing and selling operations.
    Yes because the current goal is to grow 0% in this economy. What happens in two years when Colorado legalize the private growing of the Mary Jane, guess what happens to all that revenue. I'm not arguing with you , I'm just saying the goal is to have your economy grown not swap one industry for another and say see we didn't loose any money! Well guess what you didn't gain anything either besides legalizing a drug that still is illegal under federal law. Now in Ten years you'll have to cover the medical care for all the overweight pot heads that toke up everyday because they can't stop getting the munchies......Yes democrats real solid plan!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I'm all for Magpul getting out of Colorado and moving someplace where they are valued.

Now I wonder when Colt (Connecticut), Springfield Armory (Illinois) and Kimber (New York of all places) are going to get with the program and tell their respective home states to go pound sand?

Why is it that some of the best weapons are made in the states with the most draconian laws? I've got my eye on a new Colt Stainless Commander, but I am not sending my dollars to a hostile regime. Maybe I can find a nice used one.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

i seen a thing about this on the news last week. They didnt seem to care i think the mayor actually said something like "this will not affect the town in any way"
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. – Gen James Mattis USMC

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    I'm all for Magpul getting out of Colorado and moving someplace where they are valued.
    Why do you get this idea that they are not valued? These laws were pushed on us against our will by some politicians that thought they knew better than the people that elected them. Now that three of them are out of office, they have learned what Colorado really values. Claiming that we don't value Magpul is just dishonest. That would be the same as me claiming that you value socialized health care because Obama and his pals got it passed.
    wmhawth, manolito and gatorbait51 like this.

Indiana is a very Business and Gun friendly State. I hope many of the businesses stuck in a communist leaning State take a good look at us. I believe they will like what they find in Our Hoosier State.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links