CA does not give up

CA does not give up

This is a discussion on CA does not give up within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; California: lawmakers pushing background check requirement for ammo purchases (VIDEO) They are going the way of NJ/NY etc all. I hate to see what is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: CA does not give up

CA does not give up

California: lawmakers pushing background check requirement for ammo purchases (VIDEO)

They are going the way of NJ/NY etc all.

I hate to see what is nexts.. I mean they are down to this AKBB3-500x500.jpg frs_15_2-tfb.jpg IMG_1183.JPG

Could have been headed off if we had raised up as one and stopped the senseless background checks for firearms when they were proposed, and since have proved worthless to do anything they proposed to do.

Someday maybe we will wake up. It doesnt matter how good it sounds or how pro or anti it sounds. If its a regulation of the 2A in any form its just another step toward more gun control.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Could have been headed off if we had raised up as one and stopped the senseless background checks for firearms when they were proposed, and since have proved worthless to do anything they proposed to do.

Someday maybe we will wake up. It doesnt matter how good it sounds or how pro or anti it sounds. If its a regulation of the 2A in any form its just another step toward more gun control.
    Well that and they dont have 2a protection in the state Constitution so that has been good enough for them to rule against a lot of the suites

VIP Member
    “Anyone can walk into any gun store, a bait and tackle store, and purchase all the ammunition they want to, no questions asked,” state Sen. Kevin de Leon (D-Los Angeles), who sponsored the bill and introduced a version of it last year, told the Washington Post.
    Ahh yes, our Overlords MUST know who is buying what.

“The ammunition is the fuel that feeds the violence,” he continued. “The gun itself, the hand gun or the long gun or the high-powered weapon is the delivery device. The gas, the fuel, is the ammunition, and no one knows who buys it.”
    OF COURSE, it is NOT the criminal it is those EVIL guns and ammunition.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Oh and here is the best part

“Our work’s not done there,” said Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento). “We want to distinguish in this state guns that are legally owned for sport, for recreation and for self-defense and safety, versus guns and rifles that allow hundreds of bullets to be fired within seconds that can indiscriminately injure or kill people that have no use in the sport, recreation or self-defense categories.”

The CA legislature's hirelings wants a meek and compliant working class. Pretty landscape, wonderful views, but a political snarl worthy of nothing but scorn.

As legend has it, ol' Ben Franklin had a thing or two to say about such folks. Paraphrasing the sentiment: They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Oh and here is the best part

“Our work’s not done there,” said Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento). “We want to distinguish in this state guns that are legally owned for sport, for recreation and for self-defense and safety, versus guns and rifles that allow hundreds of bullets to be fired within seconds that can indiscriminately injure or kill people that have no use in the sport, recreation or self-defense categories.”
    Those that claim the work isn't done on that score have no conception of the 1934 acts that criminalized ownership of such weaponry without registration. Hundreds of bullets in seconds, eh? The German MG-42 had a cyclic rate of ~1800rpm, or 30 rds/sec. Haven't seen one of those being toted around by anyone lately ... not even in California. As for sending more lead towards an assailant than would otherwise be the case, I have a hard time believing any assailant would disagree with the defensive, self-defense viability of such weaponry in the hands of a would-be victim of theirs.

These politically-motivated control freaks need to be seen by the people who've hired them as what they are: destroyers, under the color of law, under the "sheep's clothing" claims of wanting to do some good. When in reality they're simply destroyers seeking control at the point of a gun, via criminalizing the citizens to within an inch of their lives for non-compliance with their control mechanisms. Yup. CA, CT, NJ, NY/NYC, CHI-town, and anywhere else the citizenry isn't trusted by the political machinery.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The only thing that surprises me is that anyone is still surprised at anything the "anti" crowd does. These people are like water. Plug one hole, they'll find another way in. They're following one of Chairman Mao's teachings, "Two steps forward, one step back." Might take a while, but eventually they get where they want to go. Trouble is, whatever starts in California spreads to the rest of the country sooner or later.
    WrongRecroom and flintlock62 like this.
    Never argue with an idiot in public. People passing by won't know which one of you is the idiot.

TRX
    But, obviously, the police need to be able to fire "hundreds of bullets to be fired within seconds that can indiscriminately injure or kill people."

My local PD has automatic weapons in every patrol car and more at the station. And that was long before they got Federal money and toys.

VIP Member
    I do believe that some of our current legislators at both the state and federal level would have no qualms about locking up the people with whom they disagree if they could get away with it.

And I do believe that they would think such actions are justified and morally sound.

All Governments, even ours, which is the most free, creep toward tyranny unless checked. The larger the apparatus, the more removed each person is from the decisions they make that affect others.
    msgt/ret, Sister, tdave and 1 others like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member
    The saddest thing is PEF is right. We watch the 2nd amendment and cause some pain for the politicians in all 50 states or 52 depending on what school you go to. While watching the 2nd the EPA continues to take away freedoms and stymie growth and production. The NSA takes away freedoms and on and on. We are so fragmented we will always lose. They have divided and now conquer.

I feel so much better though the government is providing me with birth control and that is very important for a married couple of 41 years. I have a vasectomy and my wife is 61 and has completed menopause but we have mandatory birth control coverage. Makes as much sense as gun laws. Wife says if she gets pregnant expect three men on camels and a new star.

The people of Colorado have done a wonderful thing and held them accountable for the stupid laws on guns for now but it will take years to change back the laws that were put in place so like a sacrifice hit in baseball the three law makers scored a run by sacrificing their careers but they will be put into appointed positions and live the rest of their lives in comfort and no shame attached at our expense.

Blah. It's California. Gee, doesn't this come as a shock.

You know, I guess I'm tired of hearing it. The state has a long, rich history of working against guns (unless you are a loaded celebrity or senator), and yet these laws continue to grow. Yeah, they make no sense. But neither does California.

So long as the entrenched government keeps their positions, they'll keep cranking out their BS laws, which we all know work great.

Sorry for sounding harsh, pro gun Californians, but that's how it is. Personally, I'd have bailed years ago.

I have family in the Mission Viejo area that I do not visit, because I cannot stand being there.

You gun guys that live there are vastly outnumbered. Even New York's guys have better odds.
    ugh762x39 and flintlock62 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Sorry for sounding harsh, pro gun Californians, but that's how it is. Personally, I'd have bailed years ago.I have family in the Mission Viejo area that I do not visit, because I cannot stand being there.You gun guys that live there are vastly outnumbered. Even New York's guys have better odds.
    Some people fight for their rights, and some run away. Please don't think that those who resist are like those defeatist cowards who moved in to your state. Please keep them. The current ruling liberal elite and their transplant voters in the big cities have suffered some serious defeats in gun control legislation recently, and are trying hard to validate their efforts. They are regrouping and using phrases like "common sense", while they have proven to have none.
    goldmaster, Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    This law was passed in 2010 and was beaten in the courts in 2013 as being vague and un enforceable. Under the 5th amendment felon's can not be forced to testify against themselves. and therefore cant be forced to comply with this law! So stealing ammo or getting someone else to buy it for them could not be held against them! And this is nothing new here. Up until sometime in the 80s we had to show ID to buy ammo. I cant wait to see what's in this incarnation of this old scheme. DR

Time to get some Rope.
    Sister likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Absolutly rediculous. ...... No wonder why they're called "granolas" (fruits and nuts)
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links