NSSF Files Suit to Invalidate Unworkable Microstamping Law

This is a discussion on NSSF Files Suit to Invalidate Unworkable Microstamping Law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This silly micro stamping law has been around in CA since 2007. It was made effective May 2013. The technology is unproven, unreliable and proprietary. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: NSSF Files Suit to Invalidate Unworkable Microstamping Law

VIP Member

Thumbs up NSSF Files Suit to Invalidate Unworkable Microstamping Law

This silly micro stamping law has been around in CA since 2007. It was made effective May 2013.

The technology is unproven, unreliable and proprietary. This law is another example of ignorant politicians passing laws that help no one.

This is a back door attempt to prevent the sale of new semi auto pistols to law abiding citizens in CA.

CA residents should voice their opinions to their state representatives regarding California Assembly Bill 1471.

Dealers through the their industry organization NSSF have filed a law suit.

Link: NSSF, SAAMI Seek to Invalidate Unworkable Microstamping Law
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I would guess that the overlords know micro-stamping is unworkable and manufacturers will simply refuse to sell firearms in California instead.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

They are simply nuts to pass nonsense like that.

Dont forget that it was old govern Arnold that passed it but only know that it has come into used as the patents have gone public with micro (despite the pro gun efforts to buy them)

For people who dont live in CA this is very very bad as they have a list of handguns in that state that are the only ones that can legal be bought ( there are ways around it but not easy) that all said now for a gun to be added to the list it must have micro stapmithing .. Any gun on list can stay on list with no stamping as long as the maker pays a fee each years no fee it drops of off the list and must have micro to get back on .. Thus if all the guns fall out then no more guns in CA unless you sse or ppt them both of which cost more money and may be going too.

So yeah this and the list need to go ASAP
    SIGP250 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Legal eagle's are actually hopping that all guns do fall off the list. As it stands as long as there is one legal defensive gun on the list any law suit will be tossed out. But when there are none.... the Heller decision comes into play. At that point CA is preventing Californians from exercising their 2A rights. DR
    WrongRecroom and SIGP250 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    For people who dont live in CA this is very very bad as they have a list of handguns in that state that are the only ones that can legal be bought
    Nothing to do with those outside of KA - already have businesses that won't do business in KA and they're doing fine. Maybe this is the PUSH the subjects of KA finally need to set the legislators straight.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I would guess that the overlords know micro-stamping is unworkable and manufacturers will simply refuse to sell firearms in California instead.
    That is unfortunately the way the California liberals work. The Sierra Club's standard tactic is to fight everything and hope the other side runs out of money or conceeds.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    Legal eagle's are actually hopping that all guns do fall off the list. As it stands as long as there is one legal defensive gun on the list any law suit will be tossed out. But when there are none.... the Heller decision comes into play. At that point CA is preventing Californians from exercising their 2A rights. DR
    Save the fact that single action over a certain size are roster exempt as are antiques and smoke pole guns .So strictly speaking there will always be guns in CA but it may take a while to reload them

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Save the fact that single action over a certain size are roster exempt as are antiques and smoke pole guns .So strictly speaking there will always be guns in CA but it may take a while to reload them
    As part of the single action exemption CA has said that single actions over a certain size are not concealable, or defencive weapons. And the feds say smokepoles and antiques are not firearms. So those wont count in this reference. I don't think CA will change for the better in my lifetime without some catastrophic event. But there are those working every day to change things for the better. Its taken about 30 years to get to this point. If it takes another 30 to get back to normal I wont be here to care. But I work at this every day because my kids and grandkids will still be here. I remind everyone I see to get out and vote. That's the one thing I can do that makes a difference. DR
    Arborigine, SIGP250 and tdave like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Many manufactures will not purchase the technology needed. There is so far only one source for it and even that source says the process has not been perfected. Manufactures will not spend to re-tool for unproven technology. I'm expecting manufactures to make more capitol expenditures this year but not for lame technology that doesn't work.

As it is, every firearm gets a model number just for CA #xxxqqqzz-CA. CA is a big market. The state accounts for more than 10% of the US population.

Right now, there are more firearms that I can't sell to CA than what I can. I know some out of state dealers won't sell anything to CA but we do and will as long as we can.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

The SOLUTION is OBVIOUS.....Let's give California to Mexico! Think about it a second. The weirdos will quickly get the firearm bans that they've been wet dreaming over, WE happily get rid of a whole passel of Leftist, Pinko, Liberal Feel-gooders and, we finally can shut the Mexicans up about Texas. It's a WIn, WIN, WIN all around! Course, that means we'll need more fencing.../:)
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

How is this (soon) not going to result in No one selling guns in CA?

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Many manufactures will not purchase the technology needed. There is so far only one source for it and even that source says the process has not been perfected. Manufactures will not spend to re-tool for unproven technology. I'm expecting manufactures to make more capitol expenditures this year but not for lame technology that doesn't work.

As it is, every firearm gets a model number just for CA #xxxqqqzz-CA. CA is a big market. The state accounts for more than 10% of the US population.

Right now, there are more firearms that I can't sell to CA than what I can. I know some out of state dealers won't sell anything to CA but we do and will as long as we can.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    How is this (soon) not going to result in No one selling guns in CA?
    Guns meaning rifles and handguns? We still are able to sell most rifles and shot guns. The list of what can be sold to CA is difficult to keep up with. A manufacture may be on the list for 6 months and then off. The manufacturer makes some changes if they want to spend the money and eventually they get back on the list. There is also a surplus market that allows for us to sell some fairly decent pistols still in service in some countries that are C&R eligible.

As far as micro stamping, the bill requires more than one source for the technology or it cant' be enforced. The law in place does not meet that requirement for now.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    - Zen Saying

I mean I don't see how anyone can try to keep up with all the asinine requirements ( in an attempt to keep anyone from trying )
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    I mean I don't see how anyone can try to keep up with all the asinine requirements ( in an attempt to keep anyone from trying )
    Keeping up with state laws is a formidable task for us. We sell to every state. Between our knowledge, the distributors and manufactures we buy from and the local FFL's knowledge of his home state where we transfer to, things don't fall between the cracks often, knock on wood.

Most FFL's take their responsibilities seriously and are diligent about what they do. The penalties for not doing so are pretty stiff.

There a few bad apples out there. Ignorance plays a small part and a few who play stupid people tricks. There are a few non licensees that sell guns as a business illegally, especially at gun shows. Sooner or later most get caught. The risk is not worth it for most.
    - Zen Saying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links