The Calguns Foundation Wins Handgun Carry Lawsuit Against the Los Angeles Sheriff’s D

The Calguns Foundation Wins Handgun Carry Lawsuit Against the Los Angeles Sheriff’s D

This is a discussion on The Calguns Foundation Wins Handgun Carry Lawsuit Against the Los Angeles Sheriff’s D within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Calguns Foundation Wins Handgun Carry Lawsuit Against the Los Angeles Sheriff?s Department and Sheriff Lee Baca | Calguns FoundationCalguns Foundation...

Like Tree29Likes
  • 6 Post By Aceoky
  • 4 Post By peckman28
  • 4 Post By Pistology
  • 5 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 3 Post By BigJon10125
  • 1 Post By Doghandler
  • 1 Post By Doghandler
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 3 Post By dangerranger

Thread: The Calguns Foundation Wins Handgun Carry Lawsuit Against the Los Angeles Sheriff’s D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

A small (very small) ray of sunshine out of that disgrace of a "state".

VIP Member
    My county just got mandated to take a step in the right egalitarian direction and for a little more sunshine on CCW permit issuance. The court ruled that it can't mandate LASD how to use its discretion in issuance but that it may no longer avoid discretion by refusing to consider every application in the county by requiring applicants to jump through their local incorporated PD hoop first. Also, with Sheriff Baca's resignation last week as chief of the department, CCW permit issuance will be up for public scrutiny as candidates for sheriff at least try to position themselves. We still have a long way to go to consider good moral character as not under adjudication or parole for felonious acts and for good cause as being mere self defense.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I'm sure it's not the end of 'stalling games' in that county...look what IL has been able to do with their stalling rules.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It's a start!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

It's nice to see some good news from California. Keep on keep'n on out there!
    Aceoky likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I`m sure the clowns running the Gov`t there will find yet Another loophole to stop this and Gov Moonbeam will sign it,all for the Children of course.

VIP Member
    I'm trying to see what was won, and am having a tough time.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm trying to see what was won, and am having a tough time.
    The Sherrif must process permit applications as required by state law and can no longer require applicants to apply with city officials first. It's a tough haul out in Caly for sure!
    Aceoky likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Perhaps, but I wouldn't even call it a "ray." Possibly a photon.

It's still a might-never-issue state in which the county sheriff's decision is law. It won't make a bit of difference in the number of CHL's granted, in that county, even if they back down to strictly the state requirements, 'cause an anti-gun sheriff can stop 'em colder 'n' a mackerel just by saying "no."
    Doghandler likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    The Sherrif must process permit applications as required by state law and can no longer require applicants to apply with city officials first. It's a tough haul out in Caly for sure!
    Yeah, a very tough haul. Now, instead of having someone else refuse the application first, the sheriff gets to refuse it first.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    With more and more of the county's in this state issuing permits San Diego, LA, and Bay area residents are becoming more vocal about their rights! And they should! DR
    Pistology, Doghandler and Aceoky like this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Says a man from the birthplace of Nancy Pelosi, daughter of the corrupt D'Alesandro political machine? Take back your toxic garbage!
    Progress is slowly being made. I will donate again and not run away.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Says a man from the birthplace of Nancy Pelosi, daughter of the corrupt D'Alesandro political machine? Take back your toxic garbage!
    Progress is slowly being made. I will donate again and not run away.
    Yeah I'm not originally from here. I feel sorry for those of you who are stuck there (just as I'm stuck in MD for a while) but come on now. As things stand at the moment, CA is a disgrace. I hope people like you are successful in bringing it back...it wasn't always such a moron-infested place. Best of luck to you, and I sincerely mean that.

Sponsored Links