FBI/NCIC records updates

This is a discussion on FBI/NCIC records updates within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A buddy just had his gun rights restored. The State has updated their records so he is legal to open carry and own a firearm. ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By HotGuns
  • 1 Post By Aceoky
  • 3 Post By OldVet

Thread: FBI/NCIC records updates

FBI/NCIC records updates

A buddy just had his gun rights restored. The State has updated their records so he is legal to open carry and own a firearm. However, he is not sure about the the time frame the Feds take updating their records. Until that is done he cannot buy from an FFL. Does anyone know how long Feds take to update their records?

Also if he tries to purchase a firearm and their records are not updated, and he gets denied, does that flag stay on the feds records?

I told him to contact his lawyer about this and he said he had but the lawyer had no idea on the time frame.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    It's going to take several months. I have a customer that started the process in August and still hasn't gotten a word from them yet.
    Aceoky likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

IF he is now legal I'd suspect his best bet is a private sale
    Kavalander likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It's going to take several months. I have a customer that started the process in August and still hasn't gotten a word from them yet.
    So they will notify him that his record has been updated?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If your "buddy" is entering into puberty, the Feds might have the records updated by the time he collects SS.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If your "buddy" is entering into puberty, the Feds might have the records updated by the time he collects SS.
    LOL Yeah I was taking to the Sheriffs Dept when I made my appt. for my CPL fingerprinting and it seems that record updating to restore things is not a high priority to the feds like updating records to take your money or deny you of something. They had no idea how long it takes the feds to update either. Seems that here in Washington they are pretty quick in doing so. But then that is the State level.

So is it NCIC or NICS...

Links