Update For S.C. On Carrying In A Business That Serves Alcohol

This is a discussion on Update For S.C. On Carrying In A Business That Serves Alcohol within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If it makes it thru the House,i don't see Gov Haley,not signing it..Time will tell. STATE HOUSE: Bill to allow concealed guns in bars and ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Brent95
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By ugh762x39
  • 2 Post By phreddy
  • 1 Post By Kasey88
  • 1 Post By tcox4freedom
  • 1 Post By beni

Thread: Update For S.C. On Carrying In A Business That Serves Alcohol

Update For S.C. On Carrying In A Business That Serves Alcohol

If it makes it thru the House,i don't see Gov Haley,not signing it..Time will tell.

STATE HOUSE: Bill to allow concealed guns in bars and restaurants clears critical hurdle | The Buzz | The State

Another Update On The Update,lol.

According to the the new update,if the bill passes,no more 8 hr training classes required,unless i misread.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/16/3...n-sc-bars.html
    Last edited by Brent95; January 16th, 2014 at 10:02 PM.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

2. Remove Ads

It's about time..I very seldom ever drink,but we do eat at places that serves alcohol..I will keep my fingers crossed..I don't like the no gun signs,but that one in the picture is rare..It's actually the right one.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    This part get me:

[“Three, four, five o’clock in the morning, you can be in a bar or a club -- anywhere you want to be -- with a handgun,” said Sen. John Scott, D-Richland. “The bill sends a terrible message to the community. It is worse than it was when it left the Senate. I think a lot of innocent people are going to get hurt.”

State law does not distinguish between restaurants that serve alcohol and bars. Drawing that distinction would be difficult, lawmakers said.]

I don't wish to call SC lawmakers simpletons, but many other states have managed to do the above. Maybe someone should teach them how to Google.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Here in North Carolina, I like having that option. Good luck to you, South Carolina!
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Last year,i had got an email from Palmetto Gun Rights,after this bill failed..I must have deleted it..Anyway the email had said one of the members on the committee for this made the statement,"i hate guns"..I couldn't remember who said it,but it must have been John Scott..

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    This part get me:

[“Three, four, five o’clock in the morning, you can be in a bar or a club -- anywhere you want to be -- with a handgun,” said Sen. John Scott, D-Richland. “The bill sends a terrible message to the community. It is worse than it was when it left the Senate. I think a lot of innocent people are going to get hurt.”

State law does not distinguish between restaurants that serve alcohol and bars. Drawing that distinction would be difficult, lawmakers said.]

I don't wish to call SC lawmakers simpletons, but many other states have managed to do the above. Maybe someone should teach them how to Google.
    To have an on-premise alcohol license in SC, a business must sell food. So there is no legal distinction between a bar and a restaurant. although this could be solved like other states have. The problem is these jack wagons don't want to solve the problem. They want to limit the citizens rights. This is just another excuse.
    tmoore912 and Aceoky like this.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Hoping it will pass..Unless it relates to the 2a or firearms,i try my best to stay away from politics..John Scott isn't in my district..There is another black Senator who is..He is Senator Tim Scott..I know how he voted on the gun control bills the last time..I also know he will get my vote this time around..

People should be allowed to carry as long as they don't drink while there.

Don't hang ALL your hopes on it. Politicians are unpredictable. Whatever the results, remember it at the polls with a vote to change.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    I'm old and half blind,but according to the article,no more 8 hr training classes required.

I don't know if not having to take the classes are good or bad..I do know a couple of single moms who just can't afford the class room fees and the permit fees.That would help them alot..
    phreddy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey88 View Post
    It's about time..I very seldom ever drink,but we do eat at places that serves alcohol..I will keep my fingers crossed..I don't like the no gun signs,but that one in the picture is rare..It's actually the right one.
    You still wont be able to drink as the bill stands now. But, at least you can grab a pizza after the ballgame; or take your significant other out to a nice restaurant without having to disarm first.

-
    phreddy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan060 View Post
    I'm old and half blind,but according to the article,no more 8 hr training classes required.
    Correct. But, there is still classroom training on state laws and qualification. But, there is no longer an 8hr requirement.

I hope it passes. I don't drink very often and find it terribly inconvenient to have to disarm to go out to dinner with my friends. I would say not having to disarm is also good for public safety, since NDs are more likely to happen when a person is handling the firearm. Eliminate the need to handle the firearm and the chances of NDs go down significantly as it stays untouched in a a holster.

Also SC please pass full recognition of other states permits ASAP, k thx.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Links