What's the real reason behind gun bans?

This is a discussion on What's the real reason behind gun bans? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been reading the new issue of American Rifleman and an article about the Obama plan to ban all guns. The media and most ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: What's the real reason behind gun bans?

What's the real reason behind gun bans?

I have been reading the new issue of American Rifleman and an article about the Obama plan to ban all guns. The media and most anti-gun proponents say it is for safety, but they must know that is just rubbish. Countries like the UK and Austrailia are hard proof of this, and legislators must know those stats. Closer to home, we see cities like Chicago and Detroit fall apart, far less safe then cities with more gun rights. We see our gun free zones are anything but gun free, with a lot of the shootings happening in these gun free zones.

People on this board can't be the only ones that realize this, so I am wondering what is the real reason the government wants to disarm us. I am not a big conspiracy guy, but lately, I am giving second looks to some of this stuff. The safety reason is bogus and we all know it. Maybe I don't even want to know the real reason. What do you guys and gals think?

2. Remove Ads

Its for the children...

The real reason.....CONTROL..Period...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    "Ditto"
    Pukindog12 likes this.

Ditto.... They want control. They don't give a darn about the children or anyone else. They just want to get rich!!!
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

VIP Member
    I don't believe Obama really cares about gun bans. If he did, he wouldn't have let the ever-inept Joe Biden orchestrate last year's spearhead.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

NWA ? At this point i am starting to believe almost anything, that a few years ago you'd say "That person needs a FOIL CAP"
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Power corrupts, few in government want a free society once they have been in government for a while. Especially Federal where they are harder to dislodge.

Harry has it right. Control and no other reason.

A government cannot totally control a heavily armed citizenry with out great risk of failure of the attempt.

The only thing that stands between the U.S being totally disarmed by the government is the knowledge they cannot do it.,
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by harryball View Post
    its for the children...

The real reason.....control..period...
    control
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Three words.
    New World Order.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    What Obama plan to ban all guns? I do not like Obama at all but I don't think there is such a plan except in the mind of conspiracy folks. Now do I think that Obama would like to do something like that but I think he knows enough that the very idea is absurd.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    What Obama plan to ban all guns? I do not like Obama at all but I don't think there is such a plan except in the mind of conspiracy folks. Now do I think that Obama would like to do something like that but I think he knows enough that the very idea is absurd.
    You are kidding...right?

Pardon me but Detroit follows state laws and Michigan is a shall issue CCW state with no gun or mag capacity limits. So gun laws aren't what's blighting Detroit. It's many other socio economic factors and gang culture.

EDIT: I shouldn't say no gun limits. Michigan bans all forms of SBR's and SBSG's. There's a bill going through our state legislature right now to repeal the ban and bring the state back in line with federal NFA laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alex_C and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    You are kidding...right?
    Just blame it on the Teleprompter- he didn't "mean to say/read all of that" - so many times"
    gatorbait51 and OD* like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

VIP Member

Gun Control Isn't About Guns.............

It's about control!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I agree with CONTROL as the real reason! The "elitist" politicians don't trust us "common" people. Look at all the rich democrats who claim they represent the working man and the poor! Just tell me how a rich idiot like Teddy Kennedy, who never worked a day in his life, could know what is "best" for the common man who he claimed he represented and was looking out for!!!! They THINK they know what is best for everyone else and want to exercise control over everyone's lives! Just my .02! PS - I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I DO have a bachelors and a masters degree with a major in political science.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links