An idea......

An idea......

This is a discussion on An idea...... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, regarding our 2A efforts, I get a bit uneasy sometimes, and want to do more to promote 2A. I strive to think of more ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: An idea......

VIP Member

An idea......

Ok, regarding our 2A efforts, I get a bit uneasy sometimes, and want to do more to promote 2A. I strive to think of more ways to help that doesn't involve a lot of money, or cut too much into the little spare time I have.

Right now, I actively try to:
    1. Vote regularly, and encourage others to vote, and discuss 2A issues with fence-sitters.
    2. Help a pro-gun political candidate get elected with money or volunteer time.
    3. Write/phone my legislators on 2A issues important to us.
    4. Join pro-gun organization; actually as many as I can budget.
    5. Support out-of-state 2A efforts. (i.e. Colorado recall)
    6. Help out new/novice shooters, get youth and fence-sitters involved, they are our future.
    7. Support local gun range, club, store, and state gun-related membership
    8. Be a productive member on this forum and encourage others to do 1-8.

Here is my current idea:
    I want to print out some business card size pro-gun messages. One side (I'll call this SIDE A) will have a great quote or slogan related to 2A. Something eye-catching. I've included a list of examples I found here on members sig lines. I've included a sample list of slogans a bit below.

On the reverse side (SIDE B) might be good to list potential gun organizations to join, their website, phone number and cost of annual membership. I might even put down this website, and/or some other appropriate ones to visit on Side A or B. Maybe even a message to voters?

SIDE A slogan samples
    Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Freedom of speech will eventually fail without the existence of freedom to bear arms.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security

An armed society is a polite society

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

^^^^^Pro 2A poster type images would be great too as well as a quote. ^^^^^

So the above are some examples for Side A, please add or suggest more. I intend to use printer paper designed for business cards (ten on each sheet). I'll pick ten different appropriate slogans/posters for Side A.

On Side B, I'll list some gun organizations and website's repetitively on every card, as I previously mentioned.

The cost for the printer paper business cards was about 4 cents each, plus the cost of running them through the printer probably puts them around 5 or 6 cents each. $50-60 per 1000

Ok, now I've got my little cards in my pocket, what do I do with them? I'm going to leave little stacks of them around town (and any town I visit) just the same as people leave their normal business cards around. If I see a bulletin board with business cards attached I'm attaching some. If I go to a gun store, I'll be leaving some there too. Just about anywhere....next to the cash register, in a break room, customer lounge, restaurant, restroom, etc.

I would hope that this idea could spread, I keep thinking of the related slogan "evil prevails when good men do nothing". So I want to do something.....do more, 2014 MID TERM ELECTIONS ARE RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER !!!

Alone, I can't affect as many people as I would like, particularly in the gun unfriendly states......I NEED SOME HELP......please join me.

I'm open to ideas for appropriate slogans, etc
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I like this idea. I will jump on board and get some going around down here.
    ppkheat likes this.

VIP Member
    All good stuff-being the good grammar policeman that I am, constitutionally we have the right to bear arms. We also have the right to bare arms, particularly if we are showing off our ink.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    i like the concept as well. with twin toddlers i can't budget for business cards right now, i'm afraid you trying to fight an avalanche with a garden hose, but my hats off to you.

the "why the gun is civilization" paper is probably the single most concise, and strongest pro 2A document i've seen in quite a bit. getting fence sitters to actually read that paper would probably do more convicing than some cliches on a business card, not knocking your idea, and even if you only get one out of a hundred, it's something.

what we really need to focus on, IMO, is weakening our liberal media somehow. your never gonna win against CBS. freedom OF the press needs to become Freedom FROM the press. we need to modify the constitution in such a way as to find a way to enforce neutrality in reporting. Then our country would stabilize, on a lot more issues than just 2A too. i wish i had grand ideas, but that seems to be how we win this fight, by killing our 95% liberal media. we are losing this fight, slowly, but surely we are losing. until we change the mindset of our media, we will be ruled by libs. sad. good luck.
    ppkheat likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavalander View Post
    what we really need to focus on, IMO, is weakening our liberal media somehow. your never gonna win against CBS. freedom OF the press needs to become Freedom FROM the press. we need to modify the constitution in such a way as to find a way to enforce neutrality in reporting. Then our country would stabilize, on a lot more issues than just 2A too. i wish i had grand ideas, but that seems to be how we win this fight, by killing our 95% liberal media. we are losing this fight, slowly, but surely we are losing. until we change the mindset of our media, we will be ruled by libs. sad. good luck.
    You are very correct, the media is probably the root for many of our woes we have today. Most have their own agenda, and applicable bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalander View Post
    the "why the gun is civilization" paper is probably the single most concise, and strongest pro 2A document i've seen in quite a bit. getting fence sitters to actually read that paper would probably do more convicing than some cliches on a business card, not knocking your idea, and even if you only get one out of a hundred, it's something.
    As close as elections have become I'll sure take that 1% improvement.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    All good stuff-being the good grammar policeman that I am, constitutionally we have the right to bear arms. We also have the right to bare arms, particularly if we are showing off our ink.
    Thanks, I repaired that error in a sig line I copied and pasted without perusing it closely enough first. Am I supposed to disclose I'm carrying to a grammar policeman?
    NONAME762 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Thanks, I repaired that error in a sig line I copied and pasted without perusing it closely enough first. Am I supposed to disclose I'm carrying to a grammar policeman?
    Nope, just grin and bear (not bare!!!) it.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Do what you think will work. I'll stand inconspicuously off to the side, surveying the crowd and silently cheer you on. Brand me as part of the problem if you feel appropriate.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

The cost for the printer paper business cards was about 4 cents each, plus the cost of running them through the printer probably puts them around 5 or 6 cents each. $50-60 per 1000
    Check out Business Cards | Postcards | Brochures | Online Printing | Overnightprints. Really good pricing and your cards will be professionally done. I do not have any affiliation with them but have used them for my own cards.

Really good idea by the way! I like it. Would love to see your finished product.
    ppkheat likes this.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    If the 2A falls it will only be the first domino, the rest will soon follow.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

PPK, interesting idea. If distributed in "card cases of 52" (or some other similar smaller number) it might be very convenient for folks to carry around a good collection of great points and simple realities about the RKBA and having the means of self-defense.

Count me in, if smaller numbers (below $60/1000) can be had on an individual basis.

BTW, perhaps the NRA might be interested in funding such a thing. I'd figure they'd get quantity pricing and buying leverage, if done from that "level." Plus, it could get national exposure that way. Nice little addition to the webstore, I'd say, and a lot more useful than some of the pointless schwag they've done previously.

SIDE A slogan samples

How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Hey! I like that one.
    NONAME762 and ppkheat like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Do what you think will work. I'll stand inconspicuously off to the side, surveying the crowd and silently cheer you on. Brand me as part of the problem if you feel appropriate.
    That's alright, we do what we must. I'm sure you do your part in your own way.
    NONAME762 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    Check out Business Cards | Postcards | Brochures | Online Printing | Overnightprints. Really good pricing and your cards will be professionally done. I do not have any affiliation with them but have used them for my own cards.

Really good idea by the way! I like it. Would love to see your finished product.
    Good idea, I just checked their pricing and they'd do 1000 for about $35 plus shipping. Plus they get cheaper with quantity, an extra 1000 is about $6 more. No way I could do it for that, plus it's less work for me. Thanks for the link.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Good idea, I just checked their pricing and they'd do 1000 for about $35 plus shipping. Plus they get cheaper with quantity, an extra 1000 is about $6 more. No way I could do it for that, plus it's less work for me. Thanks for the link.
    I've used 123Print.com several times previously. Easy to design something online, upload pics and whatnot. A bit more expensive than the other link you'd been provided, but might be an alternative if you need it.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    When the OP was doing what he's contemplating now I was doing 20 years prior. I'm not beating my own drum here. At the time I had the time and some wherewithal. School was EZ cuz I had natural ability. My pal Larry lit a fire under me. I lit a few fires myself. What the OP my friend is talking about is like soccer-footy-basketball. Passing the ball forward. Go for the short pass.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links