Injunction against Corps of Engineers gun restrictions- 2A

This is a discussion on Injunction against Corps of Engineers gun restrictions- 2A within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Of Arms and the Law: Injunction against Corps of Engineers gun restrictions Morris v. US Army Corps of Engineers, D. Idaho, Jan. 10, 2014...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Injunction against Corps of Engineers gun restrictions- 2A

Of Arms and the Law: Injunction against Corps of Engineers gun restrictions

Morris v. US Army Corps of Engineers, D. Idaho, Jan. 10, 2014

stylus, scottync and pittypat21 like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Well, that's a surprise. The robes agreeing with the 2A and not the COE. The Corps doesn't like to lose.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Too bad they don't like the 2nd LOL
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

The agenda-driven source you cite has misstated the situation. Such an injunction doesn't mean that the Court is agreeing with Plaintiff at all. All it means is that they have presented a prima facie case to be contested. No one has "won" anything yet. The Corps could well still prevail.
    baren likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post
    The agenda-driven source you cite has misstated the situation. Such an injunction doesn't mean that the Court is agreeing with Plaintiff at all. All it means is that they have presented a prima facie case to be contested. No one has "won" anything yet. The Corps could well still prevail.
    Well said, but it's a good start!!

Gary
    baren and NONAME762 like this.

Seems it states the court issued an injunction based upon the likelihood the plaintiffs will prevail (win) Additionally they quoted the 2nd per Heller , I'm doubting the Corp CAN "win" as they're an arm of the GOV and are bound by the 2nd

VIP Member
    The judge, B. Lynn Winmill, has been very harsh on the BLM and Forest Service concerning their compliance with laws, particularly environmental laws. He cites many cases in his rulling concerning those issues. He is rarely overturned. While this is a preliminary injunction, it is likely the final ruling will back the preliminary injunction.

A good first step. Now to get the VA Hospitals to follow suit concerning their parking lots.
    Aceoky likes this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    The judge, B. Lynn Winmill, has been very harsh on the BLM and Forest Service concerning their compliance with laws, particularly environmental laws. He cites many cases in his rulling concerning those issues. He is rarely overturned. While this is a preliminary injunction, it is likely the final ruling will back the preliminary injunction.

A good first step. Now to get the VA Hospitals to follow suit concerning their parking lots.
    How about all .gov parking, at a minimum?
    ccw9mm and Aceoky like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    How about all .gov parking, at a minimum?
    Parking lots, basic properties, dams, lakes ... just not inside "core" buildings (administrative, staff, storage; excluding obviously publicly-accessible stuff like restrooms, visitors' centers, "tour" areas). That'd be nice. But, the parking lots and dams thing would be a huge step toward decriminalizing normal upstanding behaviors of non-threatening folks.
    StormRhydr and sdprof like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

A rest room would be nice.
    lionround likes this.

VIP Member
    Concur with all of that. The Post Office just took a hit on that this last fall. Building on that, for me, puts the VA in the crosshairs.

http://www.mountainstateslegal.org/n...l#.UuEt739HaSM

http://www.mountainstateslegal.org/n...r#.UuEuA39HaSM
    lionround and Aceoky like this.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

Looks like some of our judges,,,, have learned to read.
    The Old Anglo and Aceoky like this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I have selling spaces at a large automotive swap meet this weekend and will be camping there too. I expect to be leaving with a large pile of cash, and am carrying $300 in small bills as change. The State of California owns this and most fairgrounds, and prohibits firearm possession there. I would like to see this judgement expanded to State level. I am not going to advocate or admit to breaking State law. .
    Aceoky likes this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I have selling spaces at a large automotive swap meet this weekend and will be camping there too. I expect to be leaving with a large pile of cash, and am carrying $300 in small bills as change. The State of California owns this and most fairgrounds, and prohibits firearm possession there. I would like to see this judgement expanded to State level. I am not going to advocate or admit to breaking State law. .
    It will not expand beyond the affected agency and right now, within the jurisdiction of the Federal Court making the ruling. You will need to challenge The State law yourself, in State Court.

This preliminary ruling was in Federal Court, specifically against a specific Federal agency rule.

VIP Member
    Here is the regulation concerning weapons that the VA places on their signs. While they place their signs at the entrance to the grounds, they are only authorized to ban weapons from the buildings or attachments thereto:

18 U.S.C. 930 : US Code - Section 930: Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

I will be sending a certified letter to the VA hospital asking that they remove their signs from the entrance to the grounds or modify them to reflect the regulation.

VA signs below:
    http://www.cfm.va.gov/til/signs/Signage07-Mandatory.pdf
    Aceoky likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links