Kentucky Fire Mission, Senate Bill 60

This is a discussion on Kentucky Fire Mission, Senate Bill 60 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Senate Bill 60 is in committee in Ky to voted on Jan 28th 2014. If you live in Ky email or call the members of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Kentucky Fire Mission, Senate Bill 60

Senate Bill 60 is in committee in Ky to voted on Jan 28th 2014. If you live in Ky email or call the members of the committee to pass this.

You can go to NRA ILA site under news and find it. There it lists all of the committee emails and phone nos. This is a step in the right direction.

AN ACT relating to deadly weapons.
    Amend KRS 237.110 to allow firearms safety instructors to issue certificates of completion rather than the Department of Criminal Justice Training and to prohibit administrative regulations which would require concealed deadly weapon license applicants to clean guns in class; amend KRS 244.125 to prohibit alcohol consumption while in possession of a loaded firearm when on premises licensed to sell alcoholic beverages by the drink; amend KRS 237.128 and 237.132 to conform.

Jan 8-introduced in Senate
    Jan 15-to Licensing, Occupations, & Administrative Regulations (S)

This does way with the restriction on carrying into establishments that serve alcohol by the drink, changing it to only prohibit actually drinking while carrying in the establishment. Speeds up the waiting period to get your certificate of training also.

I just finished emailing each one. Probably call tomorrow.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

This does way with the restriction on carrying into establishments that serve alcohol by the drink,

Actually there is no such prohibition in KY - ONLY you can't carry IN BARS (or sit in the bar area at Applebee's etc. while carrying) they need to remove this part IMO - IF they want this to be supported statewide.

Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.
    I'm surprised they're not eliminating that part there is no huge amount of shooting by folks out and about having adult beverages that I'm aware of?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    Actually there is no such prohibition in KY - ONLY you can't carry IN BARS (or sit in the bar area at Applebee's etc. while carrying) they need to remove this part IMO - IF they want this to be supported statewide.

I'm surprised they're not eliminating that part there is no huge amount of shooting by folks out and about having adult beverages that I'm aware of?
    Bro reread it. That is what its doing away with. You can go in a bar if this passes you just cant drink. Not great but better than what we have.

; amend KRS 244.125 to prohibit alcohol consumption while in possession of a loaded firearm when on premises licensed to sell alcoholic beverages by the drink; amend KRS 237.128 and 237.132 to conform.

By the drink is bar. You cant carry into one now here. With this bill you will be able too. You cant drink but its better than no being able to go in at all for any reason.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I like the amendment to allow carry in a bar. I like to go to the bar to watch sports with buddies. It would be nice to be able to carry.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Owner/Instructor of Make Ready Defensive Training
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmattingly73 View Post
    I like the amendment to allow carry in a bar. I like to go to the bar to watch sports with buddies. It would be nice to be able to carry.
    Right. Now get on the horn to the commitee members and tell em to pass the thing LOL.

I think they need to do away with the "so long as one doesn't consume" portion I fully understand what it says ,
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

I'm good with it either way. Most of the bars I use to frequent were patrolled by the cocktail waitresses, who could clear the place out if it came down to it.

But I'll read up on it and decide.
    Warrior1256, Ghost1958 and Aceoky like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I'm good with it either way. Most of the bars I use to frequent were patrolled by the cocktail waitresses, who could clear the place out if it came down to it.

But I'll read up on it and decide.
    Same here.
    Aceoky likes this.

The bars will probably put up no carry signs which won't mean anything as long as they don't know you're carrying.

Signs do not carry force of law in Ky anyway

No force of law, but if they see you CC and ask you to leave, you have to.

If they ask you to leave for ANY reason- not that Ky has many no CC signs anyway

Yeah I would like that too even though my bar hopping days are over. But I would like to carry such places should the need arise or through that section of a building.

I know really I still can since all they can do is ask me to leave but just personally any doing away with any restriction even if its not wholly what I would like is a good step in Ky.

If this goes through likely the next go around they would remove the consumption part of it. Every legislative session for a while now they seem to relax restrictions or strengthen the pro carry side. Not that we have that many but they do seem if you look back to be taking what restrictions we do have off the table one or two at a time. Just not whole hog do away with CCDW permits etc all at once.

I dont see it as bad, not enough, but not bad. But that is just me.
    Aceoky likes this.

My happiest day was when they did away with the 7 day waiting period to purchase a firearm. It's definitely getting better in the Bluegrass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Instructor of Make Ready Defensive Training
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com

And don't forget; if the republicans take back the Senate, our man Mitch will be the Senate leader.
    Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links