Breaking: Illinois Proposes Confiscating Firearms from Medical Patients

This is a discussion on Breaking: Illinois Proposes Confiscating Firearms from Medical Patients within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; BREAKING: Illinois Proposes Confiscating Firearms from Medical Patients | The Truth About Guns An article appeared in the Chicago Tribune today entitled “Proposed medical marijuana ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Breaking: Illinois Proposes Confiscating Firearms from Medical Patients

VIP Member

BREAKING: Illinois Proposes Confiscating Firearms from Medical Patients | The Truth About Guns

An article appeared in the Chicago Tribune today entitled “Proposed medical marijuana rules: Your pot or your gun” and gleefully describes how the proposed law would require those who apply for treatment with marijuana would be required to turn in all of their guns and their FOID card.

One new proposal states that a qualifying patient or caregiver may not possess a firearm, even if they have a state firearm owner’s identification card or concealed carry permit, and violators may be subject to sanctions by state police.
    I'm sure California and Colorado will follow suit.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Unhinged and infringed.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    These guys have a lot of time on their hands to think about this stuff. I wonder how many legal permit holders in IL need medical marijuana?
    Sig 210 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Technically (at least in MI) if you have a MM Card you cannot have firearms let alone a CPL. As soon as you check the box or admit you have that 'other' card you are denied purchase. While the states can do what they want with the legalization it is still against Federal Law and the background checks are at the Federal Level...
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Just the other day I mentioned to the wife that it might be a good idea to bury some in the backyard. She agreed.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Just the other day I mentioned to the wife that it might be a good idea to bury some in the backyard. She agreed.
    Weed or guns?

Quote Originally Posted by jmattingly73 View Post
    Weed or guns?
    Guns. Never tried weed. Been thinking I would like to with it being legalized. I am curious as to what all the fuss is about.

Illinois is making a law that prohibits you from owning a gun if you're in possession of cannabis that is already Federally illegal, a law, that the state of Illinois chooses to ignore. Interesting.
    niks and gatorbait51 like this.

Off Topic: I have a feeling that these cupcake companies and potato chip companies are lobbying all of these states to legalize marijuana. Their profits are going to go through the roof.
    noway2, fredg53, sdprof and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmbrewing View Post
    Technically (at least in MI) if you have a MM Card you cannot have firearms let alone a CPL. As soon as you check the box or admit you have that 'other' card you are denied purchase. While the states can do what they want with the legalization it is still against Federal Law and the background checks are at the Federal Level...
    e. ) asks if you're an "unlawful user of" or addicted to - IF it's legal (or prescribed) it's not unlawful use ???
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Quote Originally Posted by jmattingly73 View Post
    Federally illegal.
    I have an issue with those two words. In another thread someone asked how one can support nullification and national reciprocity, which I do. It is easy. MJ is not something the fed should be involved in, while they have a duty to uphold the 2nd and interstate travel is their jurisdiction.
    StormRhydr and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Are they admitting that marijuana makes one mentally unstable and dangerous, yet Colorado legalized it and turned all those drug crazed violent mentally unstable maniacs loose on the general public? We are being ruled by a bunch of brain dead idiots.
    NONAME762 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    e. ) asks if you're an "unlawful user of" or addicted to - IF it's legal (or prescribed) it's not unlawful use ???
    Both are questionable. 1. Its still illegal at the Federal level. Though, I think an argument is easily made that a person with a RX card can honestly answer "No" to #1.

Part 2, the "addicted to part", then comes into play, and Im sure Drs would NEVER allow their patients to become addicted to any RX substance, so once again, the answer is probably "No".
    gatorbait51 likes this.

LOL good point- it IS legal under State law and you're within that state buying was "the point" sure any law(s) can be abused but I doubt it would be perjury to answer no in a state where it is in fact legal or you have RX any more than any other legally RX drugs would be?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    The forms no longer abridge "addicted" to and "user of" MJ. They are separate. Until MJ is no longer a federally illicit substance, there are going to be some issues in every state that issues carry permits and MJ permits. Again, the supreme court is going to need to step in before these issues clear up. There are so many cans of worms to be opened and dealt with...

Edit: If a state doesn't issue permits for MJ, and only prescribes it, then there is probably less of an issue here.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links