Latin King leader wants to conceal and carry

This is a discussion on Latin King leader wants to conceal and carry within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That's Chicago for you Latin King leader wants to conceal and carry - Chicago Sun-Times.com In short, "the high-ranking Latin Kings leader possesses IL FOID ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Latin King leader wants to conceal and carry

That's Chicago for you
    Latin King leader wants to conceal and carry - Chicago Sun-Times.com

In short, "the high-ranking Latin Kings leader possesses IL FOID card which allows him to buy firearms and ammunition. He has also applied for IL CCL permit because, well why not? The gang leader's criminal background includes 12 arrests but no convictions. The arrests include such charges as aggravated assault, burglary and failure to register a firearm.

Another applicant was arrested 20 times over nine years for crimes that included resisting a peace officer and domestic battery. The man was found guilty of two misdemeanors, but such convictions don’t prevent someone from obtaining a firearm owner’s identification card."

I think this is a great example of how Chicago protects their own. Instead of arresting the known scumbags for anything they can find they choose to sweep it under the carpet. Why bother getting rid of the problem when you can point the finger at the law abiding citizens as soon as there's one CCL related arrest. Then you can fire away your anti-2A propaganda because assaults, burglaries, domestic batteries are just everyday nuisance
    Last edited by SIXTO; January 27th, 2014 at 01:21 PM. Reason: needed a descriptive title

VIP Member
    I could not open the link, but I have a poor connection today.
    Did the state grant him the carry permit?

It does not look good for the state with the foid card. Just shows thats just a tax. No other purpose.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I could not open the link, but I have a poor connection today.
    Did the state grant him the carry permit?

It does not look good for the state with the foid card. Just shows thats just a tax. No other purpose.
    Cook County (Chicago) has contested the perp's CCL application. This means that a special committee will have to make a decision if the permit shall or shall not be issued. And yes, FOID is just for taxes and keeping control.

VIP Member
    Wonder who is on the special committee? I have some confidence that it will be denied. However look at the corruption in Chicago politics, #1 most corrupt in the entire country.
    Corruption = money + power
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    Another applicant was arrested 20 times over nine years for crimes that included resisting a peace officer and domestic battery. The man was found guilty of two misdemeanors, but such convictions don’t prevent someone from obtaining a firearm owner’s identification card.
    I would bet the original charges were felonies but a plea deal changed them to misdemeanors.

About 60 applicants have had at least one arrest for domestic violence and about 60 have had at least one gun-related arrest.
    Aren’t those automatic disqualifiers for firearms possession in other states?
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post

It is a federal law. The Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997 prevents a person convicted of a misdemeanor of domestic violence of owning a firearm. Just another infringment of our rights. This time, one doesn't even have to be a convicted felon.
    Last edited by Lee 1973; January 27th, 2014 at 01:59 PM.

To me it sounds like anti's singing the blues. Twenty five employees involved in the screening? Couldn't those employees be better assigned to ensuring hookers and dopers receive income assisted housing and welfare payments?
    msgt/ret and novaX522 like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmattingly73 View Post
    It is a federal law. The Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997 prevents a person convicted of a misdemeanor of owning a firearm. Just another infringment of our rights. This time, one doesn't even have to be a convicted felon.
    You sure about that? They issue CC licenses to those with misdemeanors here, and felonies prohibit possession of firearms (with a couple of misdemeanor exceptions).

On a side note, I appreciate Chicago taking the limelight of the FL drug dealers on food stamps. It's getting tough to earn a decent wage at anything down here!
    tdave likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You sure about that? They issue CC licenses to those with misdemeanors here, and felonies prohibit possession of firearms (with a couple of misdemeanor exceptions).

On a side note, I appreciate Chicago taking the limelight of the FL drug dealers on food stamps. It's getting tough to earn a decent wage at anything down here!
    That is brilliannt! Allows the BG extra money to buy guns and ammo............. Perhaps okingeee is going to explain all of us tomorrow night on t.v. how that will benefit us all nationwide and then Wednesday write that into rule with his pen.

I would bet the original charges were felonies but a plea deal changed them to misdemeanors.

Bingo!
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post

It was an error in my typing. It was a response about domestic violence. But if you have been convicted of a misdemeanor of domestic violence, in most cases you are prohibited from owning a firearm.
    http://www.atf.gov/files/publication...f-i-3310-3.pdf

Restrictions on the Possession of Firearms by Individuals Convicted of a Misdemeanor Crime of Domestic Violence

The following is the full text of an announcement that was sent by the Criminal Division to the United States Attorneys' Offices upon the passage of Title 18, United States Code, Section 922(g)(9) (the Lautenberg Amendment) in the fall of 1996. This provision amends the Federal Gun Control Act of 1968 by banning the possession of firearms by individuals convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
    GUN BAN FOR INDIVIDUALS CONVICTED OF A MISDEMEANOR CRIME OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE -- 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(9)
    I've corrected my original error. Thanks.

Every Latin King I've ever met was a great guy. Comparing them to the Latin Kings of the 80s and early 90s is like comparing today's Hells Angels to those of the 60s. Usually when a negative story comes up about them it's just some punk kids using the name

VIP Member

I don't think simple arrest on the charges are a dis-qualifier. A conviction is though.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

If they haven't been convicted of a crime that would disqualify them from possessing firearms and ammunition, then they're good to go.

I've always had mixed feelings about plea bargains, but I think they're a big part of the problem.
    Last edited by blitzburgh; January 27th, 2014 at 02:52 PM. Reason: wording
    maxwell97 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    Every Latin King I've ever met was a great guy. Comparing them to the Latin Kings of the 80s and early 90s is like comparing today's Hells Angels to those of the 60s. Usually when a negative story comes up about them it's just some punk kids using the name
    Yeah those poor misunderstood gang bangers.
    "I had no choice," Guajardo told a defense lawyer, who called him a traitor at the drug conspiracy trial of his onetime gang boss, Fernando King. "I had to choose to continue to be a Latin King or continue being a father. I didn't ask for this."

Federal authorities call Guajardo's cooperation remarkable and say his testimony was a significant moment in their battle against Chicago's entrenched street gangs.

He became one of the highest-ranking Latin Kings to testify against his superiors, in the process offering a rare glimpse into the powerful gang's structure and reach.

King, 38 -- the gang's national "Supreme Inca" or No. 2 leader -- was convicted Tuesday in a drug conspiracy that saw him back Guajardo's drug operation with Latin King muscle.
    testimony offers rare look inside Latin Kings gang - Chicago Tribune

Texas Leader of Latin Kings Street Gang Sentenced in Indiana to 262 Months in Prison in Racketeering Conspiracy
    According to the third superseding indictment filed in this case, the Latin Kings is a nationwide gang that originated in Chicago and has branched out throughout the United States, including the state of Texas. The Latin Kings is a well-organized street gang that has well-defined leadership and is composed of regions that include multiple chapters. The third superseding indictment charges that the Latin Kings was responsible for more than 20 murders in southeast Chicago, northwest Indiana, and Big Spring, Texas.

During a co-defendant’s trial, the government presented evidence of several murders committed by members of the Latin Kings. In addition, cooperating defendants testified that the Latin Kings was responsible for distributing more than 150 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 kilograms of marijuana over the course of the racketeering conspiracy.
    FBI ? Texas Leader of Latin Kings Street Gang Sentenced in Indiana to 262 Months in Prison in Racketeering Conspiracy

Latin Kings’ Second-in-Command Sentenced to 40 Years in Prison for RICO Conspiracy and Related Gang Crimes
    CHICAGO—The second highest-ranking leader nationwide of the Latin Kings street gang was sentenced to 40 years in federal prison after being convicted at trial in 2011 of racketeering conspiracy (RICO) and related charges involving narcotics trafficking and violence that plagued numerous neighborhoods on the city’s north, south, and west sides. The defendant, Vicente Garcia, Jr., 35, the “Supreme Regional Inca” of the Almighty Latin King Nation, who oversaw the day-to-day illegal activities of all factions of the gang with some 10,000 members in Illinois alone, has been in federal custody since late 2008 and must serve at least 85 percent of his sentence.

The sentence was imposed Friday by U.S. District Judge Charles Norgle, who also ordered five years of supervised release after Garcia’s prison term ends.

Garcia, also known as “DK” or “Disciple Killer,” together with Augustin Zambrano, the leader, or “Corona,” of the Latin Kings, and two additional defendants were found guilty in April 2011 of running a criminal enterprise to enrich themselves and others through drug trafficking and preserving and protecting their power, territory, and revenue through acts of murder, attempted murder, assault with a dangerous weapon, extortion, and other acts of violence.
    FBI ? Latin Kings? Second-in-Command Sentenced to 40 Years in Prison for RICO Conspiracy and Related Gang Crimes
    Remember the teacher telling you to “Bring enough for everybody”? That applies to gunfights, too. ~ Sarge @ Sarge's Roll Call

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links