Attn: WA members: Gabby Giffords to testify for I-594 gun control measure

This is a discussion on Attn: WA members: Gabby Giffords to testify for I-594 gun control measure within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Giffords to testify Tuesday in Olympia for gun control measure The Seattle Times is reporting today that former Congresswoman Gabrielle “Gabby” Giffords will be in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Attn: WA members: Gabby Giffords to testify for I-594 gun control measure

Attn: WA members: Gabby Giffords to testify for I-594 gun control measure

Giffords to testify Tuesday in Olympia for gun control measure

The Seattle Times is reporting today that former Congresswoman Gabrielle “Gabby” Giffords will be in Olympia Tuesday afternoon to testify in support of Initiative 594, the 18-page gun control measure pushing so-called “universal background checks.”

Giffords to testify Tuesday in Olympia for gun control measure - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

2. Remove Ads

One of the poster children for the futility of background checks trying to get them expanded...

sent using CPIP (see RFC 1149)
    Alex_C, CIBMike, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.

VIP Member
    She is also going to appear in ads before and after the state of the union reading saying it is too dangerous to wait for citizen control.

Giffords: 'Too dangerous to wait' on gun control

BOSTON (AP) — On the eve of Barack Obama's State of the Union address, former Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords is challenging Washington leaders not to ignore gun violence.

The former Democratic congresswoman is featured in a new television ad campaign set to air immediately before and after the speech. In the ad, Giffords faces the camera and says, "Congress is afraid of the gun lobby."
    EarthLink - U.S. News
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

This is what my my blood boil, because they all know that gun control is not going to stop guns in the hands of the criminal.
    Warrior1256, mook012 and 84160 like this.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    This is what my my blood boil, because they all know that gun control is not going to stop guns in the hands of the criminal.
    And what's more they don't care!!!! This is just another excuse to infringe on our rights.
    mook012, Aceoky, 84160 and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member
    Well, it sure worked real well in MD........Oh that's right, he bought the shotgun after a background check. Well then, how about the Navy Yard, yes sir that was one where......oh, that's right, he bought the shotgun after a background check. Well then, the Fort Hood rampage, that would have prevented........Oh, crips, he bought that after a background check.

Well Sandy Hook, it sure would have.....darn, he murdered his mother and stole the guns he used from his mother, who underwent a background check before she got the guns.

Well, it would have certainly helped old Gabby, because...wait Loughner bought his pistol after undergoing a background check too.

Well, it sounds like it might work, if you don't pay attention to any of the facts and ignore reality.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Not sure what you can do about it. Kind of sad that the antis treat her like a prop, but I guess that's just their nature.
    BugDude, Ghost1958 and 84160 like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    Hopefully, they will dump a boat load of cash into a losing effort.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Part of me says, "If that happened to me, would I have a different opinion about it?" Maybe. If my faculties and mental state were different than they are today. I feel bad for her, not only for what happened to her but also that those around her are using her as a pawn in their agenda driven strategies. Realistically, none of this stuff would have prevented any of these bad people from doing bad things. It's easier to scream gun control than to actually fix the social problems like mental health resources, drugs, broken families, career criminals in a revolving door, etc. Why try to tackle the hard stuff when you can just blame a gun and cry gun control and get people to buy it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

They dont really need to tackle the hard stuff. All they need to do is take the shackles off, allow citizens to be armed and carry anywhere anytime as the 2A intended and let the citizens be on equal footing with the BGs anytime anyplace. For those that wont take responsibility for themselves and their own lives thats their decision.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    They dont really need to tackle the hard stuff. All they need to do is take the shackles off, allow citizens to be armed and carry anywhere anytime as the 2A intended and let the citizens be on equal footing with the BGs anytime anyplace. For those that wont take responsibility for themselves and their own lives thats their decision.
    That requires a person take personal responsibility. I have a theory: Fear of failure drives a lot of people to deny any and all personal responsibility and place it upon police and govt. If they are responsible for your safety and something bad happens, blame them not yourself. Personal responsibility requires effort, fortitude, education, training, etc. Blaming someone else is much easier.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Part of me says, "If that happened to me, would I have a different opinion about it?" Maybe. If my faculties and mental state were different than they are today. I feel bad for her, not only for what happened to her but also that those around her are using her as a pawn in their agenda driven strategies. Realistically, none of this stuff would have prevented any of these bad people from doing bad things. It's easier to scream gun control than to actually fix the social problems like mental health resources, drugs, broken families, career criminals in a revolving door, etc. Why try to tackle the hard stuff when you can just blame a gun and cry gun control and get people to buy it.
    No body wants to take responsibility for themselves.........socially lazy,blaming every bad turn on an inanimate object is the safe,politically correct ,socially lazy play.It is sick and sad that some of the most educated in law and politics fall into the most simple of traps willfully or out of ignorance.
    Ghost1958, BugDude and Pukindog12 like this.
    The easy way is always mined.

Republican Senator Steve Litzow = Mercer Island = has signed Initiative 594 and is supporting this legislation to provide mandatory background checks. The state house is fully in Dem control, so if this is able to pass the marginal GOP control in the Senate, it will become law.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CIBMike View Post
    It is sick and sad that some of the most educated in law and politics fall into the most simple of traps willfully or out of ignorance.
    I submit it is not willful or ignorance.

Willful points to intent.
    Ignorance means they do not understand or know any different based on a [lack] of education.

I submit it is the education system. Where else could they have become this way? It is brainwashing 101 perpetrated upon the fertile mush for brains kiddies.

Most of the universities are nothing more than breeding grounds for social engineering activists.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Gabby AND Mark are nothing but Obama Sock Puppets. He trots them out to keep his Anti-Gun Agenda alive and they just Love all the Media Attention. Both are Total Hypocrites as they carry weapons and have licenses to do so,they also like to walk in on Gun Shows,but just for Photo Ops. Dispicable people.
    CIBMike likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links