The anti-gun male

This is a discussion on The anti-gun male within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Worth while read. Julia Gorin...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: The anti-gun male

The anti-gun male

Worth while read.
    Julia Gorin
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

2. Remove Ads

Wow! She doesn't pull any punches.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Meh, it's psychobabble of roughly the same depth and quality as the Walter Mitty comparisons antis love to fling our way.

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
    Meh, it's psychobabble of roughly the same depth and quality as the Walter Mitty comparisons antis love to fling our way.
    Maybe, but it sure seems to fit most of the anti gun metrosexuals that I have come in contact with.

I thought it was pretty good. It finally gives understanding to Piers Morgan.....

Heck I am not compensating for anything by carrying a 44 mag loaded with hard cast wad-cutters .. I just cant hit the side of the barn with it so I am counting on the flash stunning about anything so I can get close enough to club it

But good piece ... Esp the city part I have found most large cities tend to be anti on the whole (not counting most of UT and of course Phoenix ) .. They think the police are there fast... Out in the countries where the cops are 30 + min away then you might feel a need for protection esp when you hear a wolf howling for the first time ...
    fredg53, msgt/ret, sdprof and 4 others like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I always wonder how his wife feels as they ride around their Prius as well. It makes me wonder if that's all the rage now, women being with effeminate men.
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Worth while read.
    Julia Gorin
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
    Yup, stereotypical caricatures swing both ways.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Some women ( liberals, progressives and communists, mostly) like effeminate men.
    What they get up to in private, I don't care to imagine.
    Certified Infidel

VIP Member
    It takes a village to raise an anti...
    gatorbait51 and novaX522 like this.

I think this woman is painting with a really broad brush.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike6 View Post
    Some women ( liberals, progressives and communists, mostly) like effeminate men.
    What they get up to in private, I don't care to imagine.
    They don't like effeminate men. They want to control men and they way they do it is by making men effeminate.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I think, therefore I am armed.

"...He often accuses men with guns of "compensating for something."...

I do that. I keep a firearm handy to compensate for an attacker's(s) weapon or a Tyrant's over-reach.

If they're talking about sexual compensation, my wife says a 2 inch water pistol would be quite adequate for me, not that it makes any sense to me.

My wife 'always' has her sidearm within reach.... I wonder what she is "compensating for"?
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I think its hard to portray any group with much accuracy. I grew up in chicago an my whole group of guys had guns hunted an went to the range. Granted we were Iron workers an tradesmen who loved the outdoors. Also in my group were cops who I had worked with an many vets. I do not remember any anti at that time (1960's an 70's) the antis seem to have developed with the growth of the welfare class an the crime that came with it. It was just easier to blame guns than the fact the politicians were creating neighborhoods of welfare recipients which welcomed the drug world which created the most violent criminals. People who do not work for a living an actually get paid on how many children they have regardless if they can take care of them. This started headstart the government raising the kids instead of a cohesive family. To them crime is a legitimate way of life. Urban life is so removed from the middle class upbringing most of us remember. Family values is now just a cliche. Whats the answer? I have no idea. It will probably take a world war or some plague to pare down the population.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links