Guns In Tonight's Speech

Guns In Tonight's Speech

This is a discussion on Guns In Tonight's Speech within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Barely a mention, a big change from last year's layout....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: Guns In Tonight's Speech

VIP Member

Guns In Tonight's Speech

Barely a mention, a big change from last year's layout.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I was surprised at the brevity of the topic. No plan or outright strategy to reduce gun violence.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

What Speech?
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I didn't catch it, but others, such as Emily Miller of the Washington Times, are saying he said he was going to enact gun control with or without congress.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Surprised as well, what with all the publicity over the Columbia Mall shooting over the weekend.

Makes you wonder what they have up their sleeves....

VIP Member
    I didn't expect much. He was defeated last year, and it would only remind the public of his inability to pass legislation on that front.

I thought it a speech of platitudes that set few expectations.

Given his position, it's pretty much what I expected. He can't do much; he can't figure out how to bring the two parties together. He's going to sit the year out and see how the midterms shake out in the wake of the employer mandate and the economy.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

MJK
    I watched a re-run of "F Troop" instead.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

After the drubbing he took this last time trying to dance in the blood of innocents to get gun regs passed and failing at it I doubted he would push that much if at all.

If he does try anything it will be back door without much fanfare before hand.

Probably afraid he will wind up doubling or tripling the number of armed citizens like he did on his last tirade.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

All I heard was "blah blah blah, and switched between that and the Military Channel. O'Bummer couldn't let opportunity go withoutspeaking about the Mall, Movie and school shootings. Watch for the next wave.. We all know it's coming.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Senior Moderator
    I watched a re-run of "F Troop" instead.
    Pretty close to the same thing.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Surprised as well, what with all the publicity over the Columbia Mall shooting over the weekend.

Makes you wonder what they have up their sleeves....
    He did mention how 40 republican senators rejected gun laws to help keep children safe. And mentioned that in the last week there was a mall shooting and at least 3 school shooting...

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Whatever channel I flipped to I couldn't get away from it.. it was like a bad dream. Obama on every channel :/
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. Gen James Mattis USMC

Distinguished Member
    I was surprised at the little amount of attention he paid to gun control. I think the lack of passion he displayed on the one sentence he devoted to gun control, displays just how dead an issue it will be for the rest of his time in office.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

Barack Hussein has learrned the hard way that boisterous attacks on guns causes him more trouble than good. Too many Democrats with guns. I don't think he will focus much on guns in his last 3 years. Too many other lucrative plums to pick that are much easier to achieve.
    gatorbait51, OD* and fredg53 like this.

VIP Member
    Whatever he/ they say, we can't ever become complacent and let our guard down. Stay the course and be ready to galvanize. We are the modern-age minutemen.

I had no intentions of watching it, and didn't.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links