Castle Rock (CO) to allow open-carry of guns in public buildings, parks

This is a discussion on Castle Rock (CO) to allow open-carry of guns in public buildings, parks within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It is now legal to open carry a firearm in public buildings and parks around Castle Rock. The Castle Rock Town Council heard several hours ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GeorgiaDawg

Thread: Castle Rock (CO) to allow open-carry of guns in public buildings, parks

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar

Castle Rock (CO) to allow open-carry of guns in public buildings, parks

It is now legal to open carry a firearm in public buildings and parks around Castle Rock.

The Castle Rock Town Council heard several hours of public comment for the second week in a row concerning the repeal of the firearm open-carry ban before its vote.

Shortly before 11 p.m., council voted 4-3 to repeal the ban.

The three opposed were councilmen Clark Hammelman, Chip Wilson and Mark Heath.

"My point-of-view is to restore the constitutional rights to the people of Castle Rock," said Mayor Paul Donahue.

Source

I rarely open carry and I frequent Castle Rock even less, but it's good to see pro-gun/-2A rulings in this state.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

2. Remove Ads

That leaves Denver, Denver County, and Breckenridge.

Roll 'em back!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yep, sounds like the people are taking back what was previously taken away.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I am a Castle Rock resident. I however do not typically open carry. I conceal carry everyday. I actually took a picture of the city building in question and sent it to RMGO. They were not in compliance for state law because the sign implied that the ban included conceal carry. They changed the sign back then, in 2009 or so.

Links