Evidence of anger / rage problems? Does this raise questions?

This is a discussion on Evidence of anger / rage problems? Does this raise questions? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I stumbled across this YouTube video today and while I found it to be sort of laughable at first, it wasn't long before I was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Evidence of anger / rage problems? Does this raise questions?

I stumbled across this YouTube video today and while I found it to be sort of laughable at first, it wasn't long before I was asking myself; Is this type of person, or this person in particular, mentally stable enough to own a gun?

What does this video say about the person who made it?

Or am I making something out of nothing?

My Gun Diary: Video - Guy Posts Profanity and Anger Laced Video re: BudsGunShop.com

[link deleted]

I think of this as a Second Amendment issue because the big question raised here is; If we had a system where people in question had to pass some sort of mental evaluation to legally own firearms, would this type of video be enough evidence to submit this person for a mental evaluation?

Go Seahawks! Congrats.
    Last edited by gasmitty; February 3rd, 2014 at 09:32 AM. Reason: linked video didn't meet DC standards

It's time to stop thinking like a Brady Campaign spokesperson and start thinking like a free person who doesn't become terrified every time someone else blows his/her top (which happens to everyone, whether you want to acknowledge that or not).
    sdprof, ctr, Alex_C and 1 others like this.

I think the question is who gets to decide who is mentally stable enough to own a gun? If it's me I'm good with it. If it's anyone else I think I'll have issues with their poor decision making.
    PEF, tdave, blitzburgh and 5 others like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

TRX
    Who decides?

Obviously, the same people who will be running the "Affordable Healthcare Act," most likely.

Also note the Center For Disease Control already seems to consider gun ownership tp be a "disease", judging from some of their reports.

The NRA's shrill squealing for some kind of "National Mental Health Card" after Sandy Hook was a real eye-opener. Uncle Wayne and his cronies just might get what they were asking for, by and by... I'd already parted ways with the organization in 1986 when they publicly dismissed machine gun owners such as myself as "unimportant" and "non-sporting," but that was over the top.
    Alex_C likes this.

Once a line is drawn in the sand, the politicians start trying to move it. Whoever is in power at the time will decide where it lands.
    glockman10mm and Alex_C like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Really? He's threatening to report Buds to the BBB, and you're wondering if he should be allowed to own a gun? Yea, he was mad, and he was swearing. But if you listen to what he said he wasn't incoherently babbling, but rather making a case, and his big conclusion at the end was about as far from violence as it gets.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Would you want this Administration deciding who is or isn't mentally stable enough to own a gun? Any Tea Partiers, Conservatives, or Libertarians would AUTOMATICALLY be deemed unfit to carry because Big Brother said so! We're all full of hate! Don't you watch the news???
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Should his 1st amendment right to free speech also be restricted? Should the government deny him the ability to speak his mind on YouTube? Same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Really? He's threatening to report Buds to the BBB, and you're wondering if he should be allowed to own a gun? Yea, he was mad, and he was swearing. But if you listen to what he said he wasn't incoherently babbling, but rather making a case, and his big conclusion at the end was about as far from violence as it gets.
    Yep, tantrums seem much angrier if you swear like a sailor. Doesn't mean you're actually that angry.
    But that seems like his gimmick, to me. Plus that video got quite a few views, so if that is his strategy: it worked.
    Oldpsufan likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLover69 View Post
    I stumbled across this YouTube video today and while I found it to be sort of laughable at first, it wasn't long before I was asking myself; Is this type of person, or this person in particular, mentally stable enough to own a gun?

What does this video say about the person who made it?

Or am I making something out of nothing?

XXXXXXXXXXXX

I think of this as a Second Amendment issue because the big question raised here is; If we had a system where people in question had to pass some sort of mental evaluation to legally own firearms, would this type of video be enough evidence to submit this person for a mental evaluation?

Go Seahawks! Congrats.
    Relax, it's the internet, where everybody gets to act out.
    Oldpsufan and molleur like this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Angry man, probably needs to chill a bit before posting something like that. I wonder if he got a return?
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

Well thats not for us to decide. We dont have all the info needed.

Obviously what we need to do is ask The NSA, as they know everything about everyone, lol.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Also note the Center For Disease Control already seems to consider gun ownership tp be a "disease", judging from some of their reports.
    Also note that the latest CDC reports have essentially debunked all the current administration claims about gun safety.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

One question from me. Why did Mr. Potty mouth accept the gun when he went to his FFL to pick it up? If it wasn't right just refuse acceptance. Problem solved.
    SuperRuger101 likes this.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    This guy is quite a bit over the top,glad he don`t live next door to me. Hope he gets some help with his Anger Management problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links