Recalled CO legislator's replacement tries to repeal UBCs in CO

This is a discussion on Recalled CO legislator's replacement tries to repeal UBCs in CO within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Giron's replacement legislator (who was installed in office after Giron was recalled) introduced a bill to repeal the UBC law in CO. It was killed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Recalled CO legislator's replacement tries to repeal UBCs in CO

Giron's replacement legislator (who was installed in office after Giron was recalled) introduced a bill to repeal the UBC law in CO. It was killed in the "Kill Committee."

1.6+% of all UBCs preformed in CO private sales have stopped the sale of firearms between private parties, according to this report:

The Durango Herald 02/03/2014 | Gun bill repeal shot down

It's going to be an uphill battle in CO... and we need to stay vigilant everywhere.

Denver Post story here: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25...gun-background
    StormRhydr and gatorbait51 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

And if those 104 denied purchasers actually had criminal intent in mind in purchasing a gun, do you really think they would have submitted to the checks? Do you think they wouldn't find another way to obtain a gun?

Have background checks ever stopped a criminal from getting a gun? Ever?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Anti legislators in other states need to take notice.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    And if those 104 denied purchasers actually had criminal intent in mind in purchasing a gun, do you really think they would have submitted to the checks? Do you think they wouldn't find another way to obtain a gun?

Have background checks ever stopped a criminal from getting a gun? Ever?
    Yes, the ones they tried to buy (and were denied) under a background check.

Now, I'm just making this response in the way that an anti would.

I once posted a graphic showing how criminals buy guns before and after UBCs are enacted...

buy guns.jpg

There's no difference, obviously... but our argument has to be won... It doesn't get won by feeding into their argument.
    msgt/ret, gatorbait51 and BugDude like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    It was killed in the "Kill Committee."
    It is going to take a majority conversion in their legislature that allows them to re-seat the committee. As I read and understand it, the bill had zero chance of getting through committee from the start.

The telling part on this one is they sent it to the "Kill Committee" so that their membership wouldn't have to vote on it. Plausible deniability.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Way too many from Kommiefornia have moved in there. There should be a Camp for them somewhere.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; February 4th, 2014 at 08:18 PM.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    Way too many from Kommiefornia have moved in there. There should be a Camp for them somewhere.
    There is a camp. It's called San Francisco.

But the buggers keep slipping out.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; February 4th, 2014 at 08:19 PM.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

It failed in Committee 3-2, party lines.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Conservatives here have got to stop voting for Libertarian candidates. The Libertarians have no chance of getting elected but they sometimes split the vote and give the election to the Dem. You Libertarians out there better wake up and soon!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I don’t care how many background checks or anti-gun laws there are they will ever stop Joe Criminal from buying a gun at the corner of Walk and Don’t Walk.
    gatorbait51 and Ghost1958 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Castle View Post
    Conservatives here have got to stop voting for Libertarian candidates. The Libertarians have no chance of getting elected but they sometimes split the vote and give the election to the Dem. You Libertarians out there better wake up and soon!
    I'm a Libertarian, not a conservative. IBTL.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Castle View Post
    When I feel like the conservative has a chance, that's how I vote. When the liberal is going to win anyway, I vote libertarian. Gosh it'd be nice to vote for a libertarian with a chance some day...

sent using CPIP (see RFC 1149)

I guess the committee members that killed it must like making history with recalls. Go get em CO.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I've said before, we got 2 of 'em, about 8 more need to be sent packing. Then they would get the message. Hopefully the Sheriffs win their lawsuit and the mag capacity ban gets tossed.

RE - Voting libertarian. Unfortunately that is the only way we are ever going to get rid of this 2 party system. It's a slow process and you gotta keep trying. Every year a third party of some sort gets more and more votes. The people are starting to wake up and realize that you don't have to be either Dem or Repub. Enough of this BS that a vote for neither is a vote for the Dem or Repub (the one you don't want getting elected winning over their counterpart).

I don't vote party line, I vote on my political critical issues POV (about 9 of them) and what candidate meets most of them.

I'm in the Unaffiliated party!
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links