Massachusett's Anti-gun at it again.

This is a discussion on Massachusett's Anti-gun at it again. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have not seen this posted anywhere. Pardon me if it is a duplicate. Last night I was speaking with my brother in law in ...

Thread: Massachusett's Anti-gun at it again.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.

I have not seen this posted anywhere. Pardon me if it is a duplicate.

Last night I was speaking with my brother in law in Mass. He was saying something about this anti-gun group that is constantly stirring up stuff in his state. I heard about it on a talk show this morning. Seems as if it is not making any headlines nationally.

Massachusetts Legislature's gun violence committee recommends more uniform standards for gun purchases, background checks for private sales | masslive.com

Evidently this group is trying to ban gun buying for anyone that has ever been arrested, not convicted, but arrested for anything.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskeetshooter View Post
    Evidently this group is trying to ban gun buying for anyone that has ever been arrested, not convicted, but arrested for anything.
    Where did you get that from? I read the proposal and I didn't see that in there.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Where did you get that from? I read the proposal and I didn't see that in there.
    Speaking with the bro in law. He is a good buddy of the local Police Chief. Also, the guy that took Limbaugh's place today was reading some of the proposals that this group was recommending. There seems to be a lot that this group is trying to push through to the legislature. In Massachusetts, who knows? I am sure that more will come out as time goes on.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

From the article, "It recommends that each school be required to have a school safety plan, which includes communication between school and emergency personnel; robust mental health services; staff education; and the use of School Resource Officers, police officers placed in schools."

So that would put armed police officers in place in schools. That's a good thing, IMO.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    The restrictive may-issue states are becoming even more so, while the remainder are either maintaining the status quo or becoming more relaxed.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The restrictive may-issue states are becoming even more so, while the remainder are either maintaining the status quo or becoming more relaxed.
    Sadly that's pretty much been the case. Sucks being stuck in one of the former category states.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskeetshooter View Post
    If this is accurate, that's not only contrary to "innocent until proven guilty" but is "guilty with no chance to prove innocence."
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Sponsored Links