Why you should care about MA.......

This is a discussion on Why you should care about MA....... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Around the country many people don't care about what is happening in MA. Forget the fact that we are the craddle of the American Revolution, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why you should care about MA.......

Around the country many people don't care about what is happening in MA. Forget the fact that we are the craddle of the American Revolution, that we are fisherman's paradise (largest striped bass fishery in the world), that we have deer everywhere, and if you like to SCUBA dive (like me) it's world class wreck diving. Instead when most people think of MA, they think of it as the liberal haven of the country, John Kerry's state. Perhaps, no other state is so dominated by Democrats. We are truely a one party state. For this reason, many people choose to view what happens in MA as another universe that will never effect them.

However, I would advise that everyone around the county look at what is happening here and take heed. I'm sick about reading how it's OK to vote for "moderate" democrats who support hunting and "limited" handgun ownership. Look to MA! This what the Democratic party really is!

So, here's how things are now:

1.) We are in the middle of a huge surge of gun violence, at least a 10 if not a 20 year high in shootings. As a nurse working in a hosptial at the epicenter of all the shooting, I can say that pretty much 100% of the shooting we see in the city are related to gangs. Occasionally innocent people are caught in the crossfire, but most of the people being shot are hardcore gangbangers.

2.) Boston no longer issues carry permits. Every town is at the discretion of the police chief in terms of carry permits. Chiefs can say "NO" without giving a reason, and many do.

3.) Due to backdoor bans under the guise of "public saftey" - it is illegal to buy new glocks, kimbers, springfields, and the list goes on.

4.) No guns or ammo may be purchased in the mail.

In the setting, with a new Democratic governor - a final insult is the horizon - they are going to ban all AR rifles (we already can only buy special MA versions).

This is from the Boston Herald:

A week after a rampaging gunman killed two and wounded three in a New Bedford strip club, the city’s mayor is pushing for a ban on the military-style rifle the killer used to mow down his victims.

New Bedford Mayor Scott Lang said he is meeting with lawmakers to draft a law that would block civilians from legally buying or possessing the AR-15 semi-automatic rifle. The weapon, a civilian version of the military’s M16 rifle, was used by Scott Medeiros to fatally blast Foxy Lady doorman Bobby Carreiro and manager Tory Marandos and shoot a patron and two police officers before he killed himself.

Police say Medeiros legally obtained the weapon and ammunition. In the wake of the massacre, officers complained that their service pistols and shotguns left them at a disadvantage against Medeiros as he blew out cruiser windows and tires with bullets sprayed from the AR-15.

“There’s no rhyme or reason to have civilians with this type of firepower,” Lang said. “It’s not something that you could ever possibly justify. It’s insanity and it doesn’t fit in society in any way.”
    Efforts to reach gun control opponents for comment last night were unsuccessful.

The weapon is the same type of gun used by the Washington, D.C.-area snipers to murder 10 during a 2002 interstate killing spree. The AR-15 is already banned in California, although minor modifications can make them legal in that state.

“What we saw last week, is that law enforcement are completely outgunned when you face a situation where someone has that type of weapon,” Lang said. “I think it’s time to take a real serious look at this.”

VIP Member
    As much as I would like to ignore what happens away from me, I have to agree with you. It's harder to stop a ball that gets rolling, than it is to keep it from getting started.

MA is a beautiful state with a lot of history. It's a sad day when the LE leaders can't look past their own state to see what has happened in other places that have already done what they are calling for.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Assistant Administrator
    Saddest of all maybe is the extremes of misplaced logic.

The proposed ''measures'' make no allowance for legitimate and safe gun ownership - it is all geared as a knee-jerk type response to what BG's are doing - the same folks who will get whatever darned gun they want - always.

True enough - events and restrictions in MA, CA, anywhere that is blatently anti gun - are to be heeded. Nowhere is immune from draconian responses, even if it takes longer to effect change.

I am so tired of this approach which penalizes the honest folks - and does little at all to change the criminal gun useage.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Personally,

I think that MA & CA deserve all that they get...wacko states anyway...

Now I don't like the idea of the 'seweage' flowing over the state line!

If voters don't wake up soon, we are going to have a huge battle on our hands...but I'm confident that the South would rise...again!

OMO...your opinion may vary!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    MA will eventually succumb to the criminal element that they are so hurriedly empowering. Sad indeed.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I note anti gun politicians keep getting elected in many states , so apparently draconian gun laws are what the majority in those insane asylums want .
    If you choose to live in a " welfair state" then you also get the insane legeslation ( insane defined by doing the same thing over and over , each time expecting different results , If we restrict this right again it will make our low lifes suddenly peacefull ) .
    No one is forceing anyone to live in any state in the union so if you cant muster the votes to change the tone of a state legislature to something resembeling sanity , then get the hell out of it .
    <rant off >

Sorry guys , but to my thinking many places are beyond redemption ( but then i am not much of a bass fisherman , or diver ) and i feel they have made thier little hell(s) so they can dammed well deal with them , I wont .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Lead Moderator
    Too bad, but your fellow citizens elected the politicians , so must be the majority( ) want stricter gun laws.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I feel for you Mass-Diver. I grew up in NH went to college in Boston and have a son in college there now. Not only are there severe firearms restrictions he cannot even carry pepper spray without an FID card and to my knowledge they are not issued to non Mass residents.

I don't have to tell you that the beautiful state of NH is close by (and is like another country compared to Mass.) but I know that not everyone can or want to move there.

Of course you could always come to join us in Texas!

Keep up the good fight.

You may already know about these guys:

http://www.neshooters.com/

http://www.goal.org/

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Too bad, but your fellow citizens elected the politicians , so must be the majority( ) want stricter gun laws.

Guess a lot of you guys missed the last election. It's easy, as many people have done in this thread, to say that it's a MA thing and it's our own fault and that they don't care. But, look at reality, the Democrats are coming for EVERYONE. They have the house, they have senate, and in '08 Hillary may have the White House.

And Retsupt99 - sure you like in FL where guns laws aren't that bad. But, last time I checked (in national election), FL is very close to 50/50 democrat, republican . In '08 you guys could well be the swing state that wins it for Hillary and gets a whole bunch of guns ban in place for the whole country.

When you look at California everyone sees what is in the news which is all liberal anti-gun legislation and ban this and ban that. What the rest of the country does not see is the central valley of the state which is much more conservative and Right thinking.

Where I live guns are much more accepted and to see someone driving into town with a shotgun or other long gun in their trucks back window is more the norm.

I was given my carry permit by the county Sheriff and they seemed to enjoy giving me my permit. The whole process was enjoyable if I can say that, or if you'll believe that...

When you live in the country I think people accept that just about every household has a gun and is well versed in using it. If you go down to the river by my farm there are people down there shooting al the time. Gun fire is normal. It is only when the gunfire sounds like automatic weapons that the game warden grabs your guns and checks everyone out. Other than that the law says just don't shoot into or across a body of water and it's ok.

I guess my point is that California is really two states if you want to think of it that way. You have San Francisco Completely Liberal and anti gun as you can get. I do not like even visiting that place. Then you have the rural areas which actually encompass most of the state that is more Right thinking bible loving conservatives.

Although the Anti's are louder and get themselves on the news more, because they love to hear themselves talk. That is why everyone sees CA as a anti-gun / Liberal State. All of the news comes out of San Francisco and so they think they speak for the whole state.

I think though that if there is ever a need for a militia to come together to fight for this country it will definitely come from the center of the state.

In SF they call our soldiers baby killers and the like. In the Central Valley as I saw yesterday we hang banners welcoming our hero's home from Iraq. And when there is a soldiers funeral, as we lost 6 young men from our locale, there is an outpouring of love and you cannot get anywhere near the funeral procession because there are so many people waving flags.

Don't get me wrong the conservatives are leaving the state in droves and we are probably not far behind. I think the Conservatives need to be a bit louder than they are.

Just my 2 sense.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Mass-Diver...

Quote Originally Posted by Mass-Diver View Post
    And Retsupt99 - sure you like in FL where guns laws aren't that bad. But, last time I checked (in national election), FL is very close to 50/50 democrat, republican . In '08 you guys could well be the swing state that wins it for Hillary and gets a whole bunch of guns ban in place for the whole country.
    The only saving grace is that some of the Dumbocrats are also pro-gun...
    That aside...I would still dread the day they try taking guns away in the South...

We'll see...

Take care...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Just leave that freaky place.....

ALL freedom-lovers (and gun folks) should just LEAVE those friggin' places.

It won't make crime go down: it'll make it go UP. Way up.

Then the idiotsheeple who live and vote there will have the societies they so richly deserve: crime-saturated septic tanks just like D.C.

Boston and MA is dear and dear to my wife and I because our son and daughter-in-law live there. I just hope that the successes in CC states teach positive lessons that are noticed in the "anti" states. As the message indicates - we should all be concerned however, even if we otherwise don't give a rats ***.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Mass-Diver View Post
    Guess a lot of you guys missed the last election. It's easy, as many people have done in this thread, to say that it's a MA thing and it's our own fault and that they don't care. But, look at reality, the Democrats are coming for EVERYONE. They have the house, they have senate, and in '08 Hillary may have the White House.
    Gonna have to disagree. Comparing Ben Chandler to John Kerry is simply ridiculous. They are two different animals. I didn't vote for Chandler either, but at least he's a Dem with common sense when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. The question is, will the moderate Dems stand up to the idiots in the party. That is yet to be shown. They sky may indeed be falling, but it's not etched in stone yet. Move to a state that has less idiots.

Besides, it's not like the vast majority of the Repubs give a crap about the 2A beyond when it's politically expedient to do so.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    Gonna have to disagree. Comparing Ben Chandler to John Kerry is simply ridiculous. They are two different animals. I didn't vote for Chandler either, but at least he's a Dem with common sense when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. The question is, will the moderate Dems stand up to the idiots in the party. That is yet to be shown. They sky may indeed be falling, but it's not etched in stone yet. Move to a state that has less idiots.

Besides, it's not like the vast majority of the Repubs give a crap about the 2A beyond when it's politically expedient to do so.
    Middle of the road Democrats have lots of "common sense" when it comes to the 2nd...i.e. it's OK to hunt and maybe have long rifle, but carrying handguns is a different matter with most of them. Don't forget, Hilliary is a moderate democrate.

To be honest, I mostly just go by the NRA grades which are based on actual voting.

Lastly, federal bans are for everyone - moving won't help that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links