CA: New law being challenged as a ban.

This is a discussion on CA: New law being challenged as a ban. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Forgive me for the source, it belongs to the Blooming idiot. Apparently, there is a challenge mounting that the current requirements of CA regarding microstamping ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 2 Post By sdprof
  • 1 Post By peckman28
  • 1 Post By The Old Anglo
  • 1 Post By airslot
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom

Thread: CA: New law being challenged as a ban.

CA: New law being challenged as a ban.

Forgive me for the source, it belongs to the Blooming idiot.

Apparently, there is a challenge mounting that the current requirements of CA regarding microstamping is effectively an outright ban on semiautomatic pistols.

The story is rather in depth, but has a definite anti "feel" to it... But, consider the source.

Story: California Gun Law Assailed as Back-Door Ban in Court - Businessweek

This was posted from my mobile device, links may be for mobile... Deal with it!
    StormRhydr and Kennydale like this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

The advocacy group Mayors Against Illegal Guns said a peer-reviewed study found that microstamping has at least a 54 percent success rate.
    Success rate at what?

Since it's not actually been in use, there are no crimes where a microstamped gun was used, how the blue blazes do they come up with that?

Or is the success rate the success of being able to just read the impressions on a casing?

However, given the decision in CT that if any guns are available, banning some does not constitute infringement, this case may not fly.
    Arborigine and StormRhydr like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I heard the CEO of Ruger saying he tried to make it work but that they're enforcing a law for a technology that doesn't exist in any viable way. He predicted that within 2 years all manufacturers will have to pull out of distribution in CA. He said that Ruger will most likely not be selling firearms in CA by the end of this year.

Even if they can make it work, you'd have to register a new casing even if you just accidentally sneeze on the gun.

Are they going to ban revolvers? Because if microstamping ever did become reality, microstamping doesn't do much good if casings aren't left behind.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Are they going to ban revolvers? Because if microstamping ever did become reality, microstamping doesn't do much good if casings aren't left behind.
    RFID chip in the projectile core.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

You know, it's just another short jump to demanding microstamping in Modern Sporting Rifles.

That way CA/NY/NJ et al can effectively ban those scary things as well.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

This nonsense needs to be turned around now, and seriously. The federal courts need to start DOING THEIR JOBS. The recent rulings have been utterly disgusting in every way, federal apologists notwithstanding.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Kommiefornia is like Granola......What ain`t Fruits or Flakes is Nuts. I`d Never go there,just another Gun Nazi State.
    gregivq likes this.

Here is the deal with CA imop..

A. The big city libreal outnumber the pro gun country boys ever-time and the Lib control most of the political process in the state
    b. There is no protection in the State Cons for the 2A .. This has been used in court cases
    c. most of these laws have been changled an they often lost ( ie when they tried to knock down the 89 ban they caused the far worst 2000 ban) .. Even when they win it takes years even dozans of years for any sort of result to happen..

Put simply right now they are fighting the 10 day waiting periord ( they have had some luck with it but ...) and the roster and a few other things.. This has been the way it is and was for years...

Right now your only options is SSE for a lot of guns in that state .. But if that goes and microstamp stay in it will be dark times ..

I have read by 2030 or so there will be no more current/modern handguns for sale in CA to non leo/gov.. Maybe if all guns fall of list they can have some luck who knows ... I am worry they will see this as a good thing and make a safe list for rifles next ...

Ca has been deeply anti gun I would say starting in the lat 80s imop the state is teettering close to be far gone from fixing .. Maybe a few minior victories .. But I dont think the BB will come off anythimes soon
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I have read by 2030 or so there will be no more current/modern handguns for sale in CA to non leo/gov
    Were I a manufacturer, Leo/Gov would be in the same boat as the civilians, no sales-no service. When the good guys are left with no choice but wheel guns against the bad guys with their high cap semis, maybe just maybe things will change.

Sorry guys but "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Were I a manufacturer, Leo/Gov would be in the same boat as the civilians, no sales-no service. When the good guys are left with no choice but wheel guns against the bad guys with their high cap semis, maybe just maybe things will change.

Sorry guys but "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".

There are more then a few compaines that wont sell or service guns for/to cops .. But most of them are not big big time .. I know after CA banned 50cal rifles Baret would not sell anymore to cops Gaining Momentum: Now 44 Gun Companies Have Stopped Selling to Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States | TheBlaze.com

If say Glock or s&w would say nope no Cop sales then I bet you most of this would end but I will be skeet shooting flying pigs if that ever happens ...
    airslot likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I support the companies that do stop all sales and service to the states that impose these kind of laws on the civilian market. What probably would happen is that the LEO agencies would buy what they need through another agency from a different state, or Federal.

During that lull where the LEO agencies are having a difficult time sourcing what they need, I do have a little apprehension that maybe it was not such a good thing. Those men and women need the tools to do their job. If they would support the civilians and put pressure on the legislature I think it would go a long way.

In Colorado, the County Sheriffs have stood together to put the state to task on the 15 round mag limit. I can only hope that it sends the message to the lofty seats in the state capital that they overstepped the line and repeal it, along with some of the others.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Administrator
    It has a 54% Success Rate of pulling the wool over uneducated brainwashed sheeple eyes.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

IBTL.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links