Canadian Warning about Confiscation

This is a discussion on Canadian Warning about Confiscation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Maybe this has already gone on a thread somewhere, not sure. ...anger making........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Canadian Warning about Confiscation

Maybe this has already gone on a thread somewhere, not sure.

...anger making.....
    oldnfat and Jeanlouise like this.

OD*
    Yep, old news, but well worth watching again.
    CLASS3NH, Jeanlouise and Aceoky like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    There is no registration coming from the Obama administration, they can't do it, they don't have the power. Oh, I have no doubt that would like to, but they can't. From everything I have seen, the firearm's battle has left the national realm and moved to the states.
    ugh762x39 likes this.

VIP Member
    Yep, Skippy! But, then, all of us here know this already.

The problem is still, how do we inform the rest of the populace AND convince them of the validity of our concerns?

We have to keep talking about this until every person over whom we have any influence understands how vital it is that this NEVER comes to fruition in this country.
    Kavalander likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Most of it has been posted here before...

But I see a new twist that had not occurred to me prior...

The Canadian man who did not register some weapons, and who let the registrations on others lapse... The Crown is now going after his home as a matter of "proceeds of crime" legislation.

In this country, that "proceeds of crime" type legislation has already been used against law abiding citizens, not even dealing with firearms... IIRC, there was a "corridor" in the southeast states, where people traveling through were having vehicles, cash, and other items seized by LE... There was some corruption involved... LE was claiming some drug running... or people having too much cash (so they must be drug dealers)... and those items and their means of transportation were confiscated from the passers-through.

So, if you claim you have lost all your weapons in the worldly famous boating incident in the Nevada desert... and the gov't should discover that you might have been stretching the truth... you might just be at risk of losing everything you own...

Makes me go hmmmmmm!
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Will we go quietly into the night like the Canadians, I think not.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for posting this. I had not seen it before. This is right on the money. The government wants to disarm America. That is Obummer's goal.
    CLASS3NH, Aceoky and flintlock62 like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Ex Member
    I have a very good friend who was an Officer in the RCMP, retired and now is a Parole officer. SHE can't own a handgun, She has a pellet gun for play and a 870 for bears but can NOT privately own a handgun. As a parole officer she carries a S&W 4" 686 .357 but it gets turned in every night.

They don't trust a 20 year RCMP officer and now parole officer what chance does the average guy have?

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    If anything like that happens in the US I will get my guns the same way the BG's do. But I don't see it ever happening, not in my lifetime.

VIP Member
    Canada sucks.

We are not too far behind, as of right now.
    Stay vigilant people.
    CLASS3NH and Richard58 like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    There is no registration coming from the Obama administration, they can't do it, they don't have the power. Oh, I have no doubt that would like to, but they can't. From everything I have seen, the firearm's battle has left the national realm and moved to the states.
    I tend to doubt the validity of your "they don't have the power" claim. The President has used executive orders to circumvent the Constitution and as a lame duck he will continue to push his agenda. Should the conservatives lose their status in the House you will be registering your guns or be in violation of the laws that this administration will surely ram through. Here is a quote from media reporting what the President's feelings were when the House turned back his continuing war against the 2nd Amendment just last year.

"With the defeat of the legislative package, the president said he will pursue executive actions designed to reduce gun violence."

His idea of reducing gun violence means nothing more than reducing gun ownership and is far more diabolical than many believe.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    - William Pitt

{NRA Benefactor Member and proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment}

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMcPhe44 View Post
    The President has used executive orders to circumvent the Constitution
    What executive order has he issued that has circumvented the Constitution?

In January 2013 he signed 23 executive orders related to gun control in one day. At least one obviously illegal.
    "14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."
    "Congress has for years specifically disallowed such "research" in its budget legislation, because it was actually no more than an effort to slap a thin veneer of academic respectability over anti-gun activism, in order to provide justification for more oppressive gun laws."

More recently an executive order where healthcare professionals are now required to violate HIPPA privacy laws and submit medical data to the government. one government watchdog maintains that government has mandated that patientís medical data be submitted to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)

The use of executive orders to suspend certain requirements of the healthcare bill without authorization from Congress.

There are numerous examples and many Presidents have used them but it seems none so obviously against the 2nd Amendment as this administration. Watch the video of Sen. Mike Lee questioning Holder on the Presidents use of executive orders and the legality of such actions.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    - William Pitt

{NRA Benefactor Member and proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment}

Trying to pull the wool over our eyes anyway they can to get control of the firearms so as to later on have more control or total control of the people...Im really starting to believe the tin hat folks that there is in fact a revolution government in place to overthrow our political system. They start new laws and don't enforce some parts of the constitution to work their evil ways to change our government. Using our own system against us.
    CLASS3NH, Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

VIP Member
    Given that a core function of the Prez is to uphold the duly enacted laws, his unilateral refusal to uphold the DOMA fits. Also his repeated revisions of the ACA fit. The list goes on.
    Jeanlouise, CLASS3NH and Aceoky like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links