9th Circuit - CA May Issue Unconstitutional

This is a discussion on 9th Circuit - CA May Issue Unconstitutional within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...12/1056971.pdf EDWARD PERUTA V. COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO, 10-56971 Ninth Circuit holds Second Amendment secures a right to carry a gun...

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: 9th Circuit - CA May Issue Unconstitutional

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The Ninth Circuit also covers Hawaii, whose concealed carry laws are even more restrictive, to the point of it being a de facto no-issue jurisdiction. This ruling should get some more action going at the SCOTUS level.
    Aceoky, phreddy, Badey and 3 others like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

There is hope, keep fighting for more great news.

Sotomeyer was a initially appointed to the Federal Bench by one of the bushs, I think. I dont know how she is on 2nd amendment rights. Something tells me obama does, and thats one reason she got promoted.

Hope Im wrong.

My crystal ball is showing me some unhappy politicians in CA.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nice!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    My crystal ball is showing me some unhappy politicians in CA.
    Ghost laws, come back and interrupt your sleep after two hundred some years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The Ninth Circuit also covers Hawaii, whose concealed carry laws are even more restrictive, to the point of it being a de facto no-issue jurisdiction. This ruling should get some more action going at the SCOTUS level.
    Yes this is awesome news IMO - hard to really expect anything else (even from the 9th ) considering Heller made it pretty clear IMHO
    tdave likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

For those who are familiar with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, this borders on being a historic ruling. The Earth moved today.

Hell has frozen over. This is huge!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    I just finished reading this in its entirety. Wow, simply Wow! The level of research and evaluation is amazing. Read pages 76-77.

This is going to stand as very very significant!
    Aceoky, phreddy and 84160 like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the burden placed on applicants in San Diego County by Sheriff Gore, the defendant in this case, here are some CURRENT basics:

1) take and pass 8-hour class with range competency (about $75) - this is the easy part!
    2) interview with administrative employee for basic eligibility, pay approx $75 application fee
    3) pass background test
    4) at least 30-120 days later, another interview again with administrative employee, with submitted documentation:
    a) business license
    b) invoices and other proof of need for the permit to carry
    c) signed statements from all business partners that they are aware and consent to your application to carry
    d) submit previous year's PROFIT & LOSS statements plus income tax documentation to prove that you operate a legitimate business
    e) signed statement to explain why you need to carry a concealed firearm.
    5) wait for the "COMMITTEE" to review your application and issue/deny the permit. Approx. 60-120 days after last interview.

You may note that I included the business-related items. Why? Unless you are a judge, attorney, retired LEO or own your own business, you won't get past the first interview. I know medical doctors who, despite access to narcotics and more, cannot get permits so they can defend themselves. In short, the sheriff in San Diego County has established policies that are fundamentally flawed and judicially invalid.

Fortunately this may be changing. This ruling by the notoriously ultra-liberal 9th Circuit 3-judge panel is huge. SD County HAS DECIDED to appeal this to the full en-banc 9th, the fight drags on - assuming the 9th accepts this for a full court appeal. If not, maybe SCOTUS. There are conflicting circuit court rulings so SCOTUS may want to decide the issue finally.
    Last edited by Rivers; February 13th, 2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Update
    RickyD and Hoganbeg like this.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    And from the loony Ninth, at that!
    Hakkaa päälle!

Look out New Jersey....
    84160 likes this.
    Don't call 911, call 1911...

I suffer from chronic & incurable "Condition One"
    But I've learned to live with it.

This is great. Hard to believe anything close to this from the 9th. Could it be some type of Trojan horse? Is there a way for this to work to the lefties favor when it goes to the full court? I read that San Diego had elected a Republican for Mayor but is he a conservative?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    - William Pitt

{NRA Benefactor Member and proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment}

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Links