Interesting talk at range on UBC

This is a discussion on Interesting talk at range on UBC within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well out shooting today and got talking to some folks in the 20s or so .. There were shooting non FUD stuff so I think ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Interesting talk at range on UBC

Well out shooting today and got talking to some folks in the 20s or so .. There were shooting non FUD stuff so I think these guys are down with it ... Until the one brings up how he thinks there should be universal background checks ... I had a bit of a chat with him on it ... His whole point was we should give the Antis a bone with UBC so they dont go after "Clips" his words not mine ...

I am thinking the antis got to him as he was quotation the whole 90% support UBC line ... Very odd to me ...

Or I am wrong to think that UBC seem to never end well?

He seem to think as well that the NRA should give in and give the antis something ...

I am just chuckling at all of this ...

Or I am the only one who think UBC are a slippery slope ?
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

"shall not be infringed"
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

His whole point was we should give the Antis a bone ...
    NFA
    GCA 68
    Brady Bill
    GFSZA
    Lautneberg
    etc. etc etc....

How many more dang bones should we "give" the antis? The human only starts out with what, 206 bones?

Wait, we never gave, they took!
    BenGoodLuck, cswpsi, niks and 3 others like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member
    We can give no quarter - after every 'give' there is always another ask. It is the entire premise of progressivism which has been the primary political driver of the last century.

"Never stop, never stop fighting till the fight is done" - Elliott Ness, The Untouchables
    dV8r and BenGoodLuck like this.

Give nothing to the antis, all I hear is fear mongering from them with 0 facts to back it up.
    BenGoodLuck, dV8r and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    I have had to explain to a few people the real purpose of UBC's.

Once they understand that criminals are NOT - repeat NOT - going to submit to background checks no matter what the law says -- and that the true only purpose is to begin to collect a complete record of all honest citizens who buy guns in preparation for confiscation like other countries (England and Canada and Australia) have done..........they then realize that they were fed a bill of goods by anti 2nd amendment preachers.

It takes some time to patiently explain, but is worth the time and effort.

PLEASE do not sit and chuckle when you run into this kind of brain washing stuff. Take whatever time is needed to undo the damage, and do it right then and there.
    Hoganbeg, Azchief, ccw9mm and 7 others like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

No, and not by a Longshot- want to have some fun with these folks?

Ask them WHY they would support this when this Admin doesn't prosecute a drop in the ocean of the FELONS caught lying (Felony) on the forms - NOW so "exactly what" would be the point in adding to this with nothing being done

Then watch the "deer in the headlight"
    WrongRecroom, OD*, redmc and 3 others like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

RKBA mentions nothing about a "camel's nose under the tent"...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Slippery slope....with a toboggan interposed between it and your buttocks.
    BenGoodLuck, OD* and WrongRecroom like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

No, do not! Explain UBC is de facto registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    No, do not! Explain UBC is de facto registration.
    What everyone had better do is start insisting that REAL HISTORY CLASSES are taught! One of my majors as an under grad was History.

Most high school kids have next to no history requirement, and what is offered is virtually useless. Often taught by gym coaches, or some other person who doesnt know the subject, and/or doesnt care.

Also, think about WHY Govt might not be fond of OUR History. Ie how this country was created??? By Revolution. I think they dont really want people to dwell on that very much.
    BenGoodLuck and SteelerFan like this.

Explain Richard, when in fact that's what it is.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

UBCs are a means not an end. The only two questions about UBCs are: 1) What is the end that UBCs support? 2) Do you support that end.

So...
    IF you believe that UBCs advance essential public safety then supporting that end is morally right (you would be mistaken but intellectually honest).

However, IF you believe that UBCs are a means to disarm the people then supporting that means is supporting the end of public disarmament (and likely a tyrannical future).

It sounds like your conversation partners are naive enough to believe that the Anti's would honor a compromise. In reality, the only thing they'd get out of their "trade" would be a little longer with their "clips" [sic] because the progressive play the long game and play for keeps. Throwing them a bone might get them to back off but only for a short while- we lose by playing the short game.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Well out shooting today and got talking to some folks in the 20s or so .. There were shooting non FUD stuff so I think these guys are down with it ... Until the one brings up how he thinks there should be universal background checks ... I had a bit of a chat with him on it ... His whole point was we should give the Antis a bone with UBC so they dont go after "Clips" his words not mine ...

I am thinking the antis got to him as he was quotation the whole 90% support UBC line ... Very odd to me ...

Or I am wrong to think that UBC seem to never end well?

He seem to think as well that the NRA should give in and give the antis something ...

I am just chuckling at all of this ...

See this cartoon about "compromise" with the anti-gunners under the name of "reasonable" gun control: Illustrated Guide to Gun Control | Hypocrisy and Stupidity of Gun Control Advocates
    BenGoodLuck, OD*, niks and 1 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

They have repeatedly said that they want civilian disarmament UBC is essential to this goal. We give them this bone and someday they will be gnawing our skeletons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links