Open Carry Rally in Conroe, TX

This is a discussion on Open Carry Rally in Conroe, TX within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I heard on the radio this morning that an Open Carry Rally is scheduled for high noon at the Academy Sports and Outdoors in Conroe, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Open Carry Rally in Conroe, TX

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

I heard on the radio this morning that an Open Carry Rally is scheduled for high noon at the Academy Sports and Outdoors in Conroe, TX Saturday 2/15/14. That's in my neck of the woods so I plan on attending. I haven't heard it being promoted through any other media source so I decided to post it here for any who might be interested.

Ernie
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I might go to one upcoming in Alvin TX
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

So let me get this right.. OC of handguns in Texas is illegal ?

Here in Pennsylvania OC of handguns is legal when not otherwise forbidden and you can legally own the handgun. Of course we are close to surrounded by anti-gun communist states, but we stand strong so far.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    It's insane with Texas, I guess it is a holdover from the progressive populism of the past century ..
    Aceoky and Bisquit69 like this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    So let me get this right.. OC of handguns in Texas is illegal ?

Here in Pennsylvania OC of handguns is legal when not otherwise forbidden and you can legally own the handgun. Of course we are close to surrounded by anti-gun communist states, but we stand strong so far.
    Not only is OC of a handgun illegal in TX- though OC of a rifle is 100% legal you can (and often will) still be arrested IF some anti gunner calls LEO on you- those who talk about "Gun Friendly Tx" have never been to the REALLY gun friendly states is my best guess
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    Not only is OC of a handgun illegal in TX- though OC of a rifle is 100% legal you can (and often will) still be arrested IF some anti gunner calls LEO on you- those who talk about "Gun Friendly Tx" have never been to the REALLY gun friendly states is my best guess
    Exactly my thoughts, Texas is definitely not gun friendly.

Well, I'M gun-friendly. And a BUNCH of my friends are gun-friendly. We're considering finding the LEAST gun-friendly state in the nation and just...taking it over.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by hello1900 View Post
    Exactly my thoughts, Texas is definitely not gun friendly.

Like did they not for a long time say you had to have this permit to carry for handguns and this one for wheel guns .. They just now changed it right ?

I will tell you this in the summer when it is 101 in the shade it is nice not worrying if you gun is showing cause of what you have on ...
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Open carry is unnecessary. It gives away your tactical advantage and generally freaks people out. We conceal carry here and I'm completely fine with that. The only people I've ever heard of that OC are nut jobs looking for attention. LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME. Kinda dumb if you ask me, but we all have our own opinion. That's what makes us a great country.
    Last edited by superdamian11; February 15th, 2014 at 12:37 AM.
    sammeow, oldnfat and BobbyLee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by superdamian11 View Post
    Open carry is unnecessary. It gives away your tactical advantage and generally freaks people out. We conceal carry here and I'm completely fine with that. The only people I've ever hear of that OC are nut jobs looking for attention. LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME. Kinda dumb if you ask me, but we all have our own opinion. That's what makes us a great country.
    How long have you lived in Tx? Have you EVER lived in a state where OC is protected by the state Constitution? IF not then I think you're mistaken MANY folks in those states OC simply because they can legally and they don't need to dress around the gun - also I've never heard of any perceived "tactical advantage" being lost can you document that please - because we can document where LEO acknowledge that bad guys entered a place to do bad stuff and left because they seen folks who OC............hmmm
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    How long have you lived in Tx? Have you EVER lived in a state where OC is protected by the state Constitution? IF not then I think you're mistaken MANY folks in those states OC simply because they can legally and they don't need to dress around the gun - also I've never heard of any perceived "tactical advantage" being lost can you document that please - because we can document where LEO acknowledge that bad guys entered a place to do bad stuff and left because they seen folks who OC............hmmm
    Yep it is nice to have a options .. Heck I OC a lot I do it as it is a nice day and I dont want to put a cover shirt on ...
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Over here is Louisiana , we have open carry. Not too often in urban areas but it is done . I've never seen nor heard of , an open carrier getting set upon by anyone other than an overzealous LEO .
    Aceoky likes this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Open carry is unnecessary. It gives away your tactical advantage and generally freaks people out. We conceal carry here and I'm completely fine with that. The only people I've ever hear of that OC are nut jobs looking for attention. LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME. Kinda dumb if you ask me, but we all have our own opinion. That's what makes us a great country.

Bud you are entitled to your opinion. Does that mean I shouldn't have the right to open carry because you disagree with it?

I open carry frequently. Prove to me and everyone else where this loss of tactical advantage has shown any real threat to OC'ers (please, we already know of a handful incidents that have happened over the last 20 years or so). It does not generally freak people out in places where it is being more common. I do not consider myself a nut job.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

If OC was legal here in Texas I personally would give it strong consideration as finding shirts long enough to conceal but not 3 sizes too large is difficult when your 6'4" and only 190 pounds.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links