Gun Safe for thee, never for me

This is a discussion on Gun Safe for thee, never for me within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is anyone surprised? Cuomo aide caught breaking gun law quickly receives waiver | The Daily Caller...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Gun Safe for thee, never for me

VIP Member

EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Not surprising in the least.
    blitzburgh, dls and gatorbait51 like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Using the gun's laser as a pointer? How is this guy even qualified to carry outside his home?
    gatorbait51, RETSUPT99 and Aceoky like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Not surprised at all about the waiver. But what an idiot, using a gun laser as a pointer, and then sweeping it across a person!
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Hauer’s 9-millimeter Glock first came to the attention of local newspapers when he used the gun’s laser sighting attachment as a pointer during a meeting with a Swedish delegation. That event occurred last October at a State Police bunker, and was first reported by the Albany Times Union in January.

The Left Wing Elite can do whatever they want to do. They make the laws for the serfs not for themselves.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

they keep saying he used the laser attachment... did he leave it on the gun? Almost seems like they want everyone to think that, but sounds more like he removed the attachment from the gun, and used it by itself.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

You could color me many things, but surprised isn't one of them. They're not subject to the same laws as you and I and nobody is making sure they are.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Doesn't matter whether the laser was attached or not. He obviously has been carrying for some time, against the law. Whether he felt he had the right because of his position or the fact he was issued a waiver after the fact, he is in violation of the law. Ignorance is no excuse and after the fact still means he broke the law. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you know, but who you know. Sadly and Unfortunately.
    dls likes this.

If he was a conservative, he would be facing multiple felonies.

Also, isn't the waiver functioning as an ex post facto law?
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

This should be used by the first defense lawyer defending someone for a similar offense.
    dls, CIBMike, Ghost1958 and 1 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Part 1.

Unless I'm wayyy mistaken, he cannot do this.

I'm not an attorney, however, unless I misrember my civics, I do believe that laws cannot be changed post facto from an event. They cannot be "backdated". If this apparent human chose to break the NY laws, then he did so; and waivers could not excuse a previous violation. <P>

Part deux.

"...the gun’s laser tracked across one of their heads before Hauer found the map of New York, at which he wanted to point...”

This is simply not forgivable.

Part 3.

Oh, and just what are the conditions for a "waiver", how many waivers have been issued, who issued this one, and is there any conspiracy involved?

halem1, BamaT and gatorbait51 like this.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

VIP Member
    What do you expect when you get a group of brain scientist and rocket surgeons together and call them the ruling party?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    they keep saying he used the laser attachment... did he leave it on the gun? Almost seems like they want everyone to think that, but sounds more like he removed the attachment from the gun, and used it by itself.
    No, the idiot pointed his pistol with the laser attached.
    Homeland Security director Jerome Hauer 'uses gun's laser sighting in presentation' | Mail Online
    If anyone dislikes the article I linked, feel free to googlenews your own.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Hauer’s 9-millimeter Glock first came to the attention of local newspapers when he used the gun’s laser sighting attachment as a pointer during a meeting with a Swedish delegation. That event occurred last October at a State Police bunker, and was first reported by the Albany Times Union in January.

The Left Wing Elite can do whatever they want to do. They make the laws for the serfs not for themselves.
    Wonder how many rounds were in his Glock
    gatorbait51 and BamaT like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    It doesn't matter if he is a lefty or a righty, ALL of the politicians try to exempt themselves from the same laws that everyone else has to follow. During the "government shut down", you noticed that Congress and their lackeys still got paid. They are exempt from the "Affordable Health Care Act",
    Wolf357 and BigJon10125 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links