Defensive Carry banner

Unintended consequence? NY "SAFE" Act/Tantrum

2K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  rutcrazed 
#1 ·
#2 ·
But dont worry folks all these jobs your losing and all that tax money that is going by by why it is all for the children :redface:

#7 ·
I saw that too.. interesting . I actually know where this is being built. Huntsville has great schools, a lot of entertainment, arts etc, taxes will be a heck of a lot lower. One of the Syracuse posters predicts two years tops and it will all be out of New York. We'll see.

Reactions: Aceoky
#6 ·
A large part of the situation is because Alabama is a "Right to Work" State and it is unlawful to require union membership in order to retain one's job.

§ 25-7-6. Freedom to join or refrain from joining labor organizations. Every person shall be free to join or to refrain from joining any labor organization, except as otherwise provided in Section 25-7-13, and, in the exercise of such freedom, shall be free from interference by force, coercion or intimidation, by threats of force or coercion or by the intimidation of or injury to his family. (Enacted 1943.)
Once Remington begins to realize the cost savings of not having to deal with the New York labor unions, I think they will consider moving more, and more of their operations to Alabama. (Or some other "Right to Work" state)

#8 ·
A large part of the situation is because Alabama is a "Right to Work" State and it is unlawful to require union membership in order to retain one's job.

Once Remington begins to realize the cost savings of not having to deal with the New York labor unions, I think they will consider moving more, and more of their operations to Alabama. (Or some other "Right to Work" state)
There will be a lot of anti-Alabama propaganda, bet on that. Start with 1961 , then Deliverance, Dukes of Hazzard type stuff. There'll be a couple stories about living in the boonies,, Ah well, New York's loss is everyone's gain.

Reactions: manolito and Aceoky
#10 ·
:congrats:

Glad to see yet another arms maker fleeing the ridiculous nanny states, infringing states.

Congrats for Alabama.

Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, ...

#14 ·
I was referring to states that recently inked some major move of an arms manufacturer.

FLA should have been added as well, with Colt's mfg facility.

Has KY recently had one of the escapees agree to move there?

#19 ·
Not that I'm aware of , notice the "," between the AR manufacturer and Remington is in Ky :wink:

The Ky plant makes Remington and Marlin arms FWIW

Reactions: gatorbait51
#21 ·
I believe "Freedom Group" owns BM?

Reactions: gatorbait51
#23 ·
Well, didn't his lordship Gov Cuomo tell Conservatives to leave NY State? Seems like he is getting his wish.

Problem will be when all the producers flee...leaving no tax revenue for him and his ilk to buy votes with. Then sit back and watch the implosion...

#25 ·
Isnt Styr down in AL..

I used to live a long time down that way of the world .. Good state ... Would take that over Ny any day..

I will say being down south so long I do miss Sweet tea and meat and three ... Well that and Cons friendly land ..

If only cane guns were not banned in AL it would be perfect :danceban:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.