From the mouths of babes...

This is a discussion on From the mouths of babes... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Last night my wife and I took the kids (10 and 4) out and drove around to see the Christmas light displays our neighbors have ...

Thread: From the mouths of babes...

Lightbulb From the mouths of babes...

Last night my wife and I took the kids (10 and 4) out and drove around to see the Christmas light displays our neighbors have put up. We got to discussing why/how we celebrate Christmas (they are very familiar with the Biblical foundation)--but we were discussing how fortunate we were free to be able to celebrate as we see fit.

The discussion moved to our other freedoms, so I went on to explain the importance of the 2d Amendment...why daddy carries...and how most everyone is free to exercise their 2d Amendment rights. I contrasted VA laws with IL laws (where grandma and grandpa live)...to which my eldest says...(without prompting)

"that's dumb...the only people who aren't going to follow the laws are the criminals...and they get guns from other criminals"

I nearly drove into the ditch...

Yet it warmed my heart to hear my son say this...

That notwithstanding, we will be picking up a Browning Buckmark later this week...and that will be his first pistol to shoot regularly. (He has already shot my M1, Benelli Nova (both benchrest), and MK9).

So--if a 10yr old can understand this...why can't these "educated" idiots who end up getting elected to government understand the 2d Amendment?

Merry Christmas...

Mike in VA

2. Remove Ads

you have a good son. good job.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Assistant Administrator
    So--if a 10yr old can understand this...why can't these "educated" idiots who end up getting elected to government understand the 2d Amendment?
    Search me!! Could be ''they'' have brains of 2 year olds! Oh and of course - the simple fact of the ''control'' agenda!

You've got a good lad comin on there - a champion for the cause it seems
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Well, as I was reading your post, I was thinking, "there's a future legislator!"

But then I realized, your son, at 10 years of age, is already smarter than most legislators I know, so that may disqualify him for running for office.

Then I thought.... PRESIDENT!!!!

But why have him set his sights so low?

Seriously: You've got a bright kid... keep him shooting, and learning, and we will have someone worthwile to trust our futures to.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Great kid! Great parents!

He's way ahead of Pelosi and her gang!

VIP Member
    Smart kid. Blinding flashes of the obvious are good things for kids to have. Good things for adults to have too come to think of it.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

One Would Think...

that most adults should be at least as smart as a 10 year old...but they're not...

Your're a lucky dad...keep up the good examples...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Because those idiots are to busy being bought and paid for like pigs going to market.

They should be teaching the Second Amendment in schools. Ask people on the street in the 18 to 20 year age group and three fourths of them would not know what it is.

Home school or private school him because if public school has its way.......
    Shay Van Vlymen - Instructor Tactical Response

The control agenda

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Oh and of course - the simple fact of the ''control'' agenda!
    This is the heart of anti gun motivation - the desire of government politicians and bureaucrats to "control" the masses. Gun ownership or gun carry represent a small bit of power in the hands of the individual, so they oppose it.

The politicians and bureaucrats want all power in their own hands, not in yours. And to achieve this they must regulate you, take away your guns, and tax away as much of your money as possible, so they can determine how it will be spent, not you.

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    From another Mike in VA

Sounds like a young "MAN" with a good head on his shoulders, I'm hoping for simular in the future, I'm sure we all with children are, but sounds like you pulled it off. Bright things in store.

Congratulations, we look forward to his future contributions here on CC.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    You did a good job raising your kids if he knows how to think for himself.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Links