Gov't excercises extra scrutiny on lawful gun owners

This is a discussion on Gov't excercises extra scrutiny on lawful gun owners within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Feel confident in protecting yourself in the home against bad guys? What about the good guys? Police Using Data Concerning Lawful Gun Ownership to Ratchet ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Gov't excercises extra scrutiny on lawful gun owners

Feel confident in protecting yourself in the home against bad guys? What about the good guys?

Police Using Data Concerning Lawful Gun Ownership to Ratchet Up Scrutiny, Escalate Tactics | Buckeye Firearms Association
    gatorbait51 likes this.

How reliable is buckeye's information?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

What I find troubling is we are seeing a pattern where some police see a camera and dismantle it to stop their actions from being recorded. If they believe what they are doing is right wouldn't they want their performance recorded and preserved in it's entirety so that not only their actions but the context of those actions can be seen after the fact? I myself would object to a partial recording showing a selective view of the interaction to create a negative image. But a comprehensive image should be an impartial witness.
    Aceoky, gatorbait51, niks and 4 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    In terms of accuracy, or pro-gun bias?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

They are definitely pro gun and believe them to be accurate in their reporting.
    gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    What I find troubling is we are seeing a pattern where some police see a camera and dismantle it to stop their actions from being recorded. If they believe what they are doing is right wouldn't they want their performance recorded and preserved in it's entirety so that not only their actions but the context of those actions can be seen after the fact? I myself would object to a partial recording showing a selective view of the interaction to create a negative image. But a comprehensive image should be an impartial witness.
    I have an issue with entry teams destroying property wantonly .
    I think that the reason they did it was to prevent a possible ambush ,but the could have just covered the camera like they did outside of the house.

More and more warrants are being served by SWAT. IMO in many cases it is an abuse and. causes more problems than it solves deteriorating the public trust in law enforcement.

We need SWAT..........I just don't think we need them for every warrant that comes down the pipe.
    The easy way is always mined.

If an approach of a resident is made to arrest them with a crime, I can see how the pre-action planning would entail consideration of the risks and threats possible during the operation. That should, I'd think, include evaluation of priors, evaluation of flight/resistance risk, evaluation of known ownership of weaponry. Doesn't surprise me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The PD should NOT be able to dis-able a home owners
    Surveillance cameras,,,,, gun owners should contact
    congress to get laws passed to STOP THIS TREND.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    Unlike the antis and their enablers, we must be as accurate as is humanly possible. Yes, it is obviously pro-gun, therefore it has to be as spotless as Caesar's wife .
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

It won't be getting any better until someone gets killed over something like this.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Actually an LEO was killed over something like this recently

Pot growing cop killer no billed - GJ saw SD
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    The reality is that there are people that are "legal" gun owners that commit crimes. The police must serve warrants on these people. There are some that will use those "legal" firearms against the police if they get a chance. So once again the rest of us suffer because of the actions of a few. But in this I do not blame the police, they have the RIGHT to get to go home at the end of the night. Being the first through the door when you know there is a gun in the house is not really a very good feeling, even if the person in the house has never had any negative contact with the police.

Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    It won't be getting any better until someone gets killed over something like this.
    It has happened.

Police kill innocent 80-year-old man in his bed after claiming his house smelled like meth | Police State USA
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    That story is a bit deceptive, the "official" story and investigation, had the man pointed a firearm at the officers.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    That story is a bit deceptive, the "official" story and investigation, had the man pointed a firearm at the officers.
    I'm sure many members here would be doing the same if in bed in the middle of the night and someone is crashing through doors.

Just re-read story and it says it occurred at 7:30 a.m. But the man was still in bed.
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and BamaT like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links