Are You From Mass ?

Are You From Mass ?

This is a discussion on Are You From Mass ? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not sure if this is the correct forum for this topic. Mods please move if necessary. I live in New Hampshire which is a very ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Are You From Mass ?

Are You From Mass ?

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this topic. Mods please move if necessary. I live in New Hampshire which is a very pro 2A state. Saturday I drove down to Hooksett, NH looking for ammo, powder and bullets. Well I scored at one shop and bought 2000 rounds of 22 long rifle. All is good. BUT, when I went to pay they wanted to check my drivers license ( I am 51 yrs ) to make sure that I was not from Massachusetts! I know that other stores and shops do not do this as any adult can buy ammunition in the state of NH. My point is that I feel that this shop is trying to be PC to a point that they are enforcing another states law. So what is next?? Will they check everyones ID that wants to purchase a high cap mag because they might be from a state that does not allow it? So I am tossing this out to you all because I really want your opinions on this. Am I out of touch or have they gone too far. Thanks, NH--Live Free or Die !

IMO, that's going way too far. I've never been carded for ammunition in my life and surely not to make sure I wasn't from a certain state.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

That is my feeling Blitzburg. I am curious if other people are seeing this with their ammo transactions? This place , not Riley's, has decent selection of long guns and hand guns but they do not have anything that I can live without--with the exception of ammo. This is the first time in over a year that I was able to buy 4 bricks of 22 LR.

Most states card for age, and I believe states like Illinois require that you have their FOID card to buy ammo, but I've never heard of one state refusing an ammo sale solely because the buyer had an ID from a particular other state. Interesting.

Hooksett, IMO, is not part of NH. It is part of Northern Massachusetts. Nothing south of Concord is "Live Free or Die".

Give me the White Mountians and Great North Woods regions any day.
    nhcruffler and CLASS3NH like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    I definitely don't see retailers down here checking ID's to keep track of other state's stupid laws.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Please define "High Capacity Magazine" as far as I know there is no such critter - the Media has tried to fool folks (along with some not too bright politicians) that standard capacity magazines are something that they're not . IMO it's important that none of us help push that inaccuracy further down the road.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Nope,never happened to me either..Not with ammo or hi cap mags.

VIP Member
    Is it possible that this store is trying to make sure the not unlimited supply of ammo they receive goes to people who live in NH rather than being bought out completely and quickly by "foreigners from MA" who might slip over the boarder to do such things?

They may have been attempting to do you a favor.

As mentioned in another thread a week or so ago - a store can refuse to do business with anyone for any reason.
    CLASS3NH and Recon1342 like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Are You From Mass ?

I'd say ur right. They cannot enforce another state's laws. BTW, I'm a FL transplant from SE MA. Love New England. Hate the weather & gun laws.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    CLASS3NH likes this.

Are You From Mass ?

Mass has crazy gun laws. The peasants need permission from the king to buy swords! Mass residents have to go through a ridiculous process to own any type of firearm, buy or possess ammo, or even OC. I'm sure that many mass residents (illegally) get around this by traveling to a neighboring state to buy their ammo. Can't do that with guns though. Still ridiculous. That's why I got the hell out of there and moved to RI......

Semper Paratus et Armare
    CLASS3NH and JulesWinnfield like this.
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

NH? Was it Shooter's?? If it was, I can understand what they're attempting to do. I work at KTP, and we see this all the time. People from all over wish to purchase ammo, HI CAP mags etc, and we never ask for an ID (We tell them they should know their OWN STATE LAWS....thus, the hi cap issue, ammo, guns etc) They can buy it, but they already know they're not really supposed to have it, except on the range. Some people, who CAN'T legally make a purchase in Mass, come to KTP, Shooter's, Rileys, with the intent (you can pick em out a mile away) on getting what they want, for their (stolen, illegal) guns that they may own (you catching my drift here?) Is it legal to sell it to them, yes, is it the wrong thing THEY are doing? yes indeed.
    I'm sure they just want to make sure their FFL isn't compromised in any way. If they can't get the stuff one way, they'll continue til they find the right place to make their purchase.
    Don't be offended, but just keep in mind these guys, who asked for your ID, make their bread and buter selling guns, ammo, and stuff. The Martha Coakly's of the World try to extend their Laws beyound their State borders.
    BTW. Glad to see you got that rare 22LR ammo!
    LenS likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    NH? Was it Shooter's?? If it was, I can understand what they're attempting to do. I work at KTP, and we see this all the time. People from all over wish to purchase ammo, HI CAP mags etc, and we never ask for an ID (We tell them they should know their OWN STATE LAWS....thus, the hi cap issue, ammo, guns etc) They can buy it, but they already know they're not really supposed to have it, except on the range. Some people, who CAN'T legally make a purchase in Mass, come to KTP, Shooter's, Rileys, with the intent (you can pick em out a mile away) on getting what they want, for their (stolen, illegal) guns that they may own (you catching my drift here?) Is it legal to sell it to them, yes, is it the wrong thing THEY are doing? yes indeed.
    I'm sure they just want to make sure their FFL isn't compromised in any way. If they can't get the stuff one way, they'll continue til they find the right place to make their purchase.
    Don't be offended, but just keep in mind these guys, who asked for your ID, make their bread and buter selling guns, ammo, and stuff. The Martha Coakly's of the World try to extend their Laws beyound their State borders.
    BTW. Glad to see you got that rare 22LR ammo!
    I can tell from the OP that it is indeed Shooter's. It is Jim's store policy that he invoked after he was "targeted" due to one of the mass shooters using his facilities for practice (or buying stuff, I can't recall which) prior to performing their terrorist act! The media attention that he received is something he's trying to avoid in the future plus the MA AG makes a practice of threatening non-MA sources who have the audacity to sell to MA subjects. Northeastshooters.com where I hang out has known registered trolls from the MA AG's office and MA EOPS that troll the forum for intel that they can use to intimidate non-MA dealers who sell to MA residents. I don't know if this is also happening on DC, but it puts a lot of retailers and distributors on edge.

If you try to buy ammo at a WalMart in NH below Manchester, you will likewise be carded and if from MA, they demand a MA LTC or FID or will not sell you ammo (assuming they even have any to sell). That's just the way it is when doing business near a Communist state that threatens non-MA businesses.

In any case, some retailers in NH have a huge bullseye on their back and thus instill policies to ensure that they minimize their exposure to bad press or legal action (and yes the MA AG revels in suing non-MA businesses in MA courts, getting default judgments).
    CLASS3NH and Vuva3rae like this.
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepnheat View Post
    Mass has crazy gun laws. The peasants need permission from the king to buy swords! Mass residents have to go through a ridiculous process to own any type of firearm, buy or possess ammo, or even OC. I'm sure that many mass residents (illegally) get around this by traveling to a neighboring state to buy their ammo. Can't do that with guns though. Still ridiculous. That's why I got the hell out of there and moved to RI......

Semper Paratus et Armare

Massachusetts certainly has many stupid gun laws but not (yet) as bad as you describe.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

I don't think so Granny or they would have said so when I questioned them about it.
    Class3, you right on target. I go to KTP often and I like the staff. They always treat you like family even if they don't have the ammo I am looking for :) By the time I get up there I am sure any new shipments of ammo have already gone out the door :( Thanks for your input. I am not so much offended as unhappy that a gun shop is catering to the whims of the antis. Kinda like S&W.
    CLASS3NH likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links