Anyone Remember Adam Kokesh?

This is a discussion on Anyone Remember Adam Kokesh? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Last year Adam Kokesh announced his intention to round up a 10,000 person posse and go packing guns into Washington, DC on July, 4, 2013. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Anyone Remember Adam Kokesh?

Last year Adam Kokesh announced his intention to round up a 10,000 person posse and go packing guns into Washington, DC on July, 4, 2013. Lots of folks on gun boards were cheering Kokesh on. In the end only Kokesh packed a gun into DC. He was arrested on gun and dope charges and jailed.

After Kokesh woke up and realized he could go to jail for seven years he copped a plea and got two years probation and time served. Kokesh is now a convicted felon who lost his gun rights.

Quote:
    In November, he pleaded guilty to three weapons charges: carrying a rifle or shotgun; an unregistered firearm and unlawful possession of ammunition.

He also admitted to a marijuana possession charge linked to smoking the substance near the White House in June.

Adam Kokesh sentenced to probation on drug and weapons charges (Video) - WTOP.com
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Pretty stupid thing to do, and now he's lost his gun rights forever.
    "A man's gotta' know his limits"...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It's tough to forget an All-Star, GIN-EUUU-WHINE, Blue-Ribbon-at-the-State-Fair-Winning... CHUCKLEHEAD.
    Aceoky likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I guess it isn't easy to round up 10,000 that want to do something stupid just to have a felony on their record -- and, of course, lose their right to own firearms or vote.

VIP Member
    Very foolish man. I'd state he hasn't lost his gun rights, they were stolen. Last time I checked 2A doesn't exclude prisoners who have served their time. Constitutional rights don't have an expiration. Just saying.
    NONAME762, StormRhydr and Aceoky like this.

Stupid is,,,, as stupid does,,,, Sir.

Remember him? I'm trying to forget.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Anyone Remember Adam Kokesh? Kokesh is now a convicted felon who lost his gun rights.
    It was inevitable.

Had there been 10M people demanding the same thing, though, perhaps some positive change could have come from it. But short of that, I doubt poking the bear in the 'nads will have the desired effect. Passionate as he was, he was an idiot in his approach ... and he got strung up for it.

Hopefully, the string of victories in the courts will continue, the excellent work and results of SAF/GOA/NRA on dismantling the ridiculous anti-gunner legal edifice in all the states will continue. Hopefully it won't get to the point of requiring 10M+ standing shoulder to shoulder in the streets in order to demand constitutionality for the right.
    Aceoky and StormRhydr like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Stupid as Kokesh is, don't be forgetting who the real villain is in all this. He harmed NO ONE, and yet DC still says he's a felon. Nobody should consider that to be an acceptable state of affairs.

Stupid as Kokesh is, don't be forgetting who the real villain is in all this. He harmed NO ONE, and yet DC still says he's a felon. Nobody should consider that to be an acceptable state of affairs.
    I agree with peckman28, but, I still think it's a 'little' funny. One should never lie or front about the size of their cojones. Kokesh has proven himself to be a 'straw-man' with 'little berries'.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Idiot.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    That's a very important point.

Makes one wonder about the actual point and purpose of the misdemeanor/felony distinctions we have codified into law. Zero people threatened, zero harmed, zero damage done ... and yet, the governing few jump on our heads 'cause they hate the concept of an armed citizenry. What's not right with this picture is crystal clear. And it ain't us, the citizenry.
    NONAME762 and Aceoky like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I would say he chose an ineffective tactic to be a change agent. There are those that fail to choose battles wisely, there are those that have inflated expectations of their importance. Whatever the reason, he is now forced to live with the results.
    Aceoky likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    That's a very important point.

Makes one wonder about the actual point and purpose of the misdemeanor/felony distinctions we have codified into law. Zero people threatened, zero harmed, zero damage done ... and yet, the governing few jump on our heads 'cause they hate the concept of an armed citizenry. What's not right with this picture is crystal clear. And it ain't us, the citizenry.
    Very true, if I remember the case correctly I think the conviction will be overturned, eventually. Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody showed for his march into D.C.. At that point, he posted a video online of him loading a shell into a 12ga and that video footage lead to the search warrant/conviction right? (yes, a plea bargain is a conviction)

My prior comment on this was referring to his fierce statements. If I recall correctly, they were along the lines of "Molon Labe", "Come and get me", and other provocative statements encouraging armed conflict.

Thus, I'll stick to my comments about him being a 'straw-man' with 'little berries'.

I couldn't support him acting out violently, never, but he sure sounded like he was advocating that (at least to what I recall).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links