OH boy ‘Handgun Trigger Safety Act’ is out there now

This is a discussion on OH boy ‘Handgun Trigger Safety Act’ is out there now within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They wont give up will they .. On the heels of NJ/MA/CA now some Senator wants this made federal .. And of course it is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: OH boy ‘Handgun Trigger Safety Act’ is out there now

They wont give up will they .. On the heels of NJ/MA/CA now some Senator wants this made federal ..

And of course it is for the childern

"No one wants children to get access to a handgun and hurt themselves or others,” said Sen. Ed Markey

"“In the 21st century, we should use advances in technology to our own advantage and save lives, and the Handgun Trigger Safety Act will help ensure that only authorized users can operate handguns,” he continued. ”This is the type of gun safety legislation that everyone – regardless of political party or affiliation – should be able to support.”

The bill defines a personalized handgun as one that “(A) enables only an authorized user of the handgun to fire the handgun and (B) was manufactured in such a manner that the firing restriction described … is (i) incorporated into the design of the handgun, (ii) is not sold as an accessory; and (iii) cannot be readily removed or deactivated.”"

And of course

The act would also include grant money drawn from the coffers of the Department of Justice to retrofit older handguns with the technology before they are allowed to be sold by their private owners.

Hopefully his seat is vacated next term

Senator unveils 'Handgun Trigger Safety Act' to mandate smart gun tech on handguns
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

They forgot (iv) will never be a part of any firearm I own.
    OD*, JaxRolo, Exacto and 2 others like this.

With all due respect, the Senator is an idiot!
    OD*, cthruit, CIBMike and 5 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    All of my firearms have a GREAT safety, it is called my brain and personal responsibility. No child will ever be able to fire one of my firearms because they can't get to them.
    MMinSC, nortelrye, OD* and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    All of my firearms have a GREAT safety, it is called my brain and personal responsibility. No child will ever be able to fire one of my firearms because they can't get to them.
    Yep Eddie Eagle and teach the kid well until then on hip or in safe ... Oh wait that makes too much sense lets make the guy need a watch and password ..
    OD* likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

"Oh no, I forgot the password for my Glock-41" well at least it is heavy enough to throw and might cause some injury.

Maybe this one, Schumer, Feinswine, and Bloomy are all identical twins separated at birth! Could be! Seems like they all have a really evident lack of brain material! And use less of what is there than we had originally thought!
    HHHUUUMMM!! Brain in a vacuum!!
    Let's send them all into outer space where they could all star in a proposed new program ""Brains in Space! The lost frontier!"

On a more serious note! Let's try and educate all of the folks that elected this clown about who this law might impact! For sure, not the criminal element!

Have good day everyone from cloudy and 50 degree Lebanon, Oregon TKH

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    "Oh no, I forgot the password for my Glock-41" well at least it is heavy enough to throw and might cause some injury.

No that wont happen due to the " Heavy metal object bill" that would make it illagle to sell any firearm one could hit someone or but stock someone with after that passes all handguns will have rubber padding on them and all rifles with have soft fuzzy stocks that fell like being tickled by a unicorn when you hit someone with it .../s
    Aceoky, msgt/ret and WannabeaCPA like this.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    I want to know how they figure that these systems can't be hacked. Regular people can hack into my car and unlock and even start my car. What makes them think that they can't figure out how to hack the system and be used for bad?
    msgt/ret and WrongRecroom like this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

I forget how many Fed anti gun bills were tried to pass AND Failed recently? This is an election year and the folks who want jobs remember CO - and have been paying attention to CT recent "debacle" - some folks should forget about others and guns and put down the pen (and likely the Scotch and Soda)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    No that wont happen due to the " Heavy metal object bill" that would make it illagle to sell any firearm one could hit someone or but stock someone with after that passes all handguns will have rubber padding on them and all rifles with have soft fuzzy stocks that fell like being tickled by a unicorn when you hit someone with it .../s
    tickled by a unicorn beneath a rainbow!
    Aceoky and WrongRecroom like this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Come on, we get almost every secure computer system hacked at one time or another, how hard would it really be to disable ANY smart technology they put in?

Personally I like the idea of a device that cooks off every round in the magazine if someone wrests the gun from me and tries to shoot. But, that would probably not make it safer for the kids.

Of course, the point of this legislation isn't safer guns, it's no guns. Because the technology doesn't exist. It's like microstamping.
    DingBat likes this.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

— Captain Bellamy

Hacking, I don't want to be the guy who pulls his ccw only to find out said BG IS JAMMING THE SIGNAL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WannabeaCPA likes this.

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    His replacement needs to be high priority. But then again, so should most of congress. Speaking of Senators, why is Dirty Harry Reid still a Senator for such a gun friendly state as Nevada? INSANE!
    WannabeaCPA likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links