The survey says: People like stand-your-ground laws

This is a discussion on The survey says: People like stand-your-ground laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Rasmussen: Plurality supports ‘Stand-your-ground’ law A new Rasmussen survey released yesterday found that far more American adults favor so-called “stand-your-ground” (SYG) laws than oppose them, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: The survey says: People like stand-your-ground laws

The survey says: People like stand-your-ground laws

Rasmussen: Plurality supports ‘Stand-your-ground’ law

A new Rasmussen survey released yesterday found that far more American adults favor so-called “stand-your-ground” (SYG) laws than oppose them, while the mother of the Florida teen killed in a 2012 shooting over loud music yesterday blamed the law for her son’s death.

Rasmussen: Plurality supports ?Stand-your-ground? law - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

2. Remove Ads

What's not to like
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Distinguished Member
    This is the reason the anit's lose as much as they do. Despite the overwhelming media bias and the support of stupid celebrities they can't get anything passed because most people believe in the right to protect one's self and family.

As I understand it SYG was not utilized in the loud music case. So it would seem to indicate the less you know about the law and it's application the less you like the law.

SYG certainly seems better that having to run out of the back door of your house....so I sort of expect most people would prefer that scenario.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    There's nothing wrong with SYG; there's something wrong with those who try to misuse it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    SYG certainly seems better that having to run out of the back door of your house....so I sort of expect most people would prefer that scenario.

+ 1,000
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    What's not to like
    Who would have thought that defending yourself would be so dam hard....
    Aceoky, VNvet, tdave and 5 others like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The mommies of dead criminals sure don't like SYG. They'll move right to the front of the line at every SYG protest.
    Ghost1958, Aceoky, Stevew and 3 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have only lost one fight in my whole life. I slipped going around a corner and he caught me.
    gatorbait51 and tdave like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Awesome. I just filled out an eleven question survey and mailed it off to the NRA. It asked if I support gun control and laws etc. Obviously I'm pro 2A. This is to show Feinstein and all the other Obamacrats that we Americans are against their unconstitutional legislation that they tell Americans we are for.
    Ghost1958, Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

I find it ironic (or moronic) that the last 2 highly media sensationalized shooting cases in Florida are held out by the antis as examples of why SYG laws need to be changed, yet NEITHER case was it used as a basis for the case, charges, defense, etc. It was a non-issue.

Regardless of the law, whether it was on the books or not would not have changed the encounters or outcomes of the encounters. Again, non-issue. People attacking people and/or exercising extremely poor judgment. Too bad we can't repeal that.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    I prefer real self defense laws. Either you were defending yourself or others or you were not, why do we need more than that?

VIP Member
    Funny how MOST of the people who hold SYG laws in distain are politicians, anti-gunners and people who have had relatives who's lives were ended by the firing of a weapon, no matter what the circumstances were.

Me, if I had a relative who died doing something stupid against and armed citizen, I'd not have too much to say against said armed citizen.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The survey of 1,000 American Adults was conducted on February 17-18, 2014 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.
    If this survey reported the opposite, there'd be a lot of us pointing out that 1,000 people is hardly a reasonable sample of the 241,838,561 adults in the USA.
    Xanderith likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links