What happens when the government has rifles and the citizens don't

This is a discussion on What happens when the government has rifles and the citizens don't within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sniper Filmed Opening Fire at Protesters in Kiev - AOL On Government agents sniping at protestors. Do you think any of those protestors would like ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: What happens when the government has rifles and the citizens don't

What happens when the government has rifles and the citizens don't

Sniper Filmed Opening Fire at Protesters in Kiev - AOL On

Government agents sniping at protestors.

Do you think any of those protestors would like to have modern semi-auto rifles with full size magazines and scope to deter the government snipers shooting unarmed protestors?

Governments have killed more of their citizens than any other group: Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Castro. I bet most of the people killed by their governments though it could never happen to them right until the time they we herded on the trains, marched in front of the trenches or firing squad wall.

2. Remove Ads

First, there is a war.

In the unlikely event that this happens, and the even less likely event that the government wins, then we can worry about how they have 'em and we don't.

I still say the American mindset is the deciding factor. And contrary to current politics, there are MANY of us.

A guy could really worry himself into the grave dwelling on this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    First, there is a war.

In the unlikely event that this happens, and the even less likely event that the government wins, then we can worry about how they have 'em and we don't.

I still say the American mindset is the deciding factor. And contrary to current politics, there are MANY of us.

A guy could really worry himself into the grave dwelling on this.
    Yes, and there are 67 scenerios that could play out and we won't get to choose which one!
    GWarden, CIBMike and CLASS3NH like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Ask CT how that "idea" plays out in the real world ; simply put there are too many Americans with guns not willing to register them much less "hand them over" - the logistics of any house to house searches makes that impossible (more likely would be do some - make it "too scary" in the hopes the rest will bow to the king) - I for one will take my chances NOT complying - I know without doubt(as history makes that very, very clear) what complying with confiscation brings - Not for me & mine
    BurgerBoy, tdave, Yogi223 and 6 others like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Yeah - we have our own Homeland Security to take care of that:

Echo_Four, Aceoky, ccw9mm and 9 others like this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    Ask CT how that "idea" plays out in the real world ; simply put there are too many Americans with guns not willing to register them much less "hand them over" - the logistics of any house to house searches makes that impossible (more likely would be do some - make it "too scary" in the hopes the rest will bow to the king) - I for one will take my chances NOT complying - I know without doubt(as history makes that very, very clear) what complying with confiscation brings - Not for me & mine
    So I guess you don't live in CT.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Yeah - we have our own Homeland Security to take care of that:

If you're NOT here - you do not have a clue

BTW I LOVE that !!!! Made my evening!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    So I guess you don't live in CT.
    DO you?

Our daughter was stationed there -

What does that have to do with 85% of those gun owners who Do live in CT - NOT Complying - or the fact they're not being prosecuted??

IF I did Live in CT - do you really believe I would comply?

As much as I respect law and LEO - I DO not- will not ever follow "illegal decrees" that violate my rights - you can believe that fact - or not - it does not really matter at all

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    There have been many revenuer that went into the hills and hollows of KY and were never seen or heard of again.
    Ianthin, CIBMike, Aceoky and 8 others like this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    Hoo RA!

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone
    Aceoky and BurgerBoy like this.

Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Actually it's a good lesson for our politicians to learn.

'The recent events in Ukraine have shown "the escalation of violence and a massive use of firearms by the extremist groups. In many parts of the country, public authorities, military installations and depots with munitions are being seized. Court buildings are burning, the vandals are destroying private property and killing peaceful civilians,” the Ukrainian Security Service head, Aleksandr Yakimenko, said in a statement.'

Just because the government has the rifles first doesn't mean it has them last.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    There have been many revenuer that went into the hills and hollows of KY and were never seen or heard of again.
    My first thought was how many backhoes excavators and hog farmers live up in the hills and hollows?
    BurgerBoy and Aceoky like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    How many of you think you could really stand up against the US military if they were really coming after you? What protects us is not our rifles, but our military swearing an oath to our Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    How many of you think you could really stand up against the US military if they were really coming after you? What protects us is not our rifles, but our military swearing an oath to our Constitution.
    How long has the war in Afghanistan been going on? How did they do against the russians? What is Americas longest lasting war?

Obviously one guy with a rifle, against an army is not going to last long. If nothing else they just call in an air strike.

However, its apparently not as ineffective as you seem to think.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links