A warning to my fellow gun friends

This is a discussion on A warning to my fellow gun friends within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'v noticed that ammo, firearms, and especially assault looking rifles are very much available now for purchase since the new town incident. AR-15 and others ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: A warning to my fellow gun friends

Lightbulb A warning to my fellow gun friends

I'v noticed that ammo, firearms, and especially assault looking rifles are very much available now for purchase since the new town incident. AR-15 and others have dropped down in price quite a bit. I don't believe they will go much lower so I suggest if there is anything we might want down the road to get it now before this fall. No telling what could occur. If anything get a couple of lowers to put back. I think you will be most happy later on that you did. prices will probably rise to meet buying demand. I'm not a gun dealer trying to drum up business but I think it is safe to purchase at these prices and not get burned from paying too much or prices dropping much more then they are now. I can hear it now people saying oh I wished I'd done this or that months back, when it's too late.
    StormRhydr, bigpapa and Aceoky like this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have had all the black stuff I will ever need since before the '94 fiasco.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I'll bet 50 Quatloos that after the election the legislative branch will be secure and the executive will quacking on his crutches.
    Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Until you lost it all in a boating accident.
    american23, ctr, Aceoky and 1 others like this.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    I'll bet 50 Quatloos that after the election the legislative branch will be secure and the executive will quacking on his crutches.
    You sound pretty sure of yourself.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Assault style is a anit word ... I think your looking for MSR or modern sporting guns ... Assault means full auto.... Sorry I cant help it

But yeah now is the time to buy prefably privatly if you can as many lowers as you can or other MSRs... We still have a long road ..

My advice to add is look at the NY safe act ban the 1989 and 2000 CA bans and the 1989 import ban and the 1994 ban.. See what made a gun banned and buy off that ... Also I suggest if you think something bad is coming put the bad stuff ( folding stock ) on thouse lowers as in the last ban as I remember ( correct me if wrong ) the lower had to be in a ban bulid pre 94 ban to be legal ...

I perosnal would get any part kit rifles ( AK/H&K /FAL ) and a lot of cheep import ammo ... I also would of course get as many over 10 mags as you can esp for guns that may still be legal down the road ( M1A/MINI/M-1 carbine etc etc) ...Also of course at least one AR and AR for a pistol build..

Me I would also get a scary handgun one that would be bad under the 89Ca law or 04 law like a tec/mac/uzi/AK/AR pistol .. These tend to be the hardest to work around due to the weight of them .. You do not want to see what a 94 legal AR handgun looks like ...Also any shot gun with collosping stock and esp dectable mags would be a very good thing to buy.. Maybe even a 50 cal if you can afford it

But really I know nothing will happen they fired there load so to speak ... Barring any thing cataspric happen we should be ok for a while I hope
    Aceoky and msgt/ret like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I'm going to figure out how to rephrase this as that posting would violate the injunction on political discussions.
    Stoveman likes this.

Let us say that in my own family I have seen people who have voted for candidates with less than stellar 2A credentials changing affiliations. The promises of reasonable positions have shown themselves anything but reasonable. The disgust with politicians who use the murder of children to justify measures that endanger children. The hypocrisy of people who wish to deny armed protection for our children but of course reserving it for theirs. The overall alarm at a government that seems to see itself above the law and exempt from accountability. I think change s coming but not the one we were previously told about.
    Aceoky, oneshot, ctr and 3 others like this.

How's that...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Let us say that in my own family I have seen people who have voted for candidates with less than stellar 2A credentials changing affiliations. The promises of reasonable positions have shown themselves anything but reasonable. The disgust with politicians who use the murder of children to justify measures that endanger children. The hypocrisy of people who wish to deny armed protection for our children but of course reserving it for theirs. The overall alarm at a government that seems to see itself above the law and exempt from accountability. I think change s coming but not the one we were previously told about.
    So true .....just putting out the warning to those who have not learned from the past or new to this sort of thing that could come to be.....that's all...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    So true .....just putting out the warning to those who have not learned from the past or new to this sort of thing that could come to be.....that's all...
    Yep I am amazied at how few people remember the 94 ban never mind the 89 ban etc ... Or remember what happen in places with UBC ......
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

That would make Phil Robertson happy if they are quacking :)
    Badey, Aceoky and tdave like this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Just like I see people driving around in gas hog vehicles these days. Im looking for an incident to occur any day since it has been ascertained that Iran is not going to follow a nuclear ruling set forth by the UN. We could see gas prices climb through the roof and maybe be in short supply if Israel acts on it. Things are moving fast these days in the national news. People need to learn to be prepared as much as possible as within the length of their cable tow.

I was 3 when this happened. Shows you how young I am. Anyways, I have my black rifle :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

TRX
    Lowers are trivial. You not only can buy 80% and 0% forgings, but there are companies selling "puzzle piece" kits that screw or weld together. Other on weaponeer.net, one member carved a lower from a 2x4, and later laminated some plastic cutting boards together, just to prove a point.

It was the bolt/carrier assemblies and upper housings that were hard to get last year, and availability is still spotty on some stuff. The bolt carrier isn't an FFL part, but it's way more complex than a lower.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links