Ares Armor threatened with jail time for sign advertising 80% lowers

This is a discussion on Ares Armor threatened with jail time for sign advertising 80% lowers within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just wanting to spread the word. This needs as much attention as possible. Basically the local city council is threatening Ares Armor with jail time ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Ares Armor threatened with jail time for sign advertising 80% lowers

Ares Armor threatened with jail time for sign advertising 80% lowers

Just wanting to spread the word. This needs as much attention as possible.

Basically the local city council is threatening Ares Armor with jail time and daily fines until his sign comes down. The owner has vowed to go to jail before that happens.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah seen that.. seems the sign structure has been there for like 40 years.. but they don't like the AR-15 picture on his sign.. so now they are coming at him from all directions and using every trick in the book to make him move.
    Aceoky likes this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

As long as it is legal it should stay up.
    Aceoky likes this.

I'm not in a position to sit through a 45 minute vid. However, most cities have ordinances around signage. What may seem reasonable to the shop owner MAY be outside of the local law. Judges are not on the business owners side but will not usually throw someone in jail over a sign. How long has this been going on? I am guessing he has been warned multiple times. In my neck of the woods I know of a buisness owner who had a stack of tickets for illegal signage for simply putting out balloons to advertise the buisness. All depends on how you get along with the city.....

I sorely miss the USA and the Freedoms we used to enjoy
    tdave, CWOUSCG, TX expat and 4 others like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Go Ares Armor
    Aceoky likes this.
    The easy way is always mined.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    We have politicians at the highest level of government stomping all over the constitution, and congress doing nothing about it. Why would these local yokals not take a clue from the exalted ones and follow suit. When these Politicians, on both sides start soliciting for votes and money, I am going to ask them why I should waste my time voting for a congressman when the O administration has make the congress irrelevant and you do nothing about it.
    CWOUSCG and Aceoky like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I would tell them to go pound sand.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmbrewing View Post
    I'm not in a position to sit through a 45 minute vid. However, most cities have ordinances around signage. What may seem reasonable to the shop owner MAY be outside of the local law. Judges are not on the business owners side but will not usually throw someone in jail over a sign. How long has this been going on? I am guessing he has been warned multiple times. In my neck of the woods I know of a buisness owner who had a stack of tickets for illegal signage for simply putting out balloons to advertise the buisness. All depends on how you get along with the city.....
    Ares Armor Tactical Store Threatened with Fines & Jail Time for AR-15 Sign : Freedom Outpost

You should watch the video. He is in compliance. The physical sign has been on the building for 40-50 years or something like that.

Thanks for the sticky!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Time for a harassment lawsuit?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

As I see it is the City Council that is messing with this business. What needs to happen is investigate these council members and basically fight fire with napalm. These folks of Ares Armor need to have a chat with Gerry Spence the attorney. Perhaps counter sue the city for the 10 grand they're out plus damages in an effort to raise public awareness and recall these council members like Colorado did. Just my 2 cents worth. That Nuttin Fancy is a lunatic with a video camera ain't he?!?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    There is a lot going on with Ares Armor. Its not just the sign. For awhile they were building the 80% lowers for there customers, and were shut down for it. And there was the Rudius project. Its a poly/Steel 1911 80% project that Ares sold a bunch of but haven't shipped all the parts or the promised jig to complete it. [ a lot of people angry over that one!] and their owner loves to blab on TV and radio on most any subject.
    So the national city government has been successful in driving this one sign ordinance, And that's all Ares wants to talk about. My opinion of them is they are not much of a friend to the gun community. [ not that it has much to do with their sign. ] DR

Rudius 1911 80 Percent Frame - Ares Armor

Here they are still taking non refundable orders for new project guns when they haven't sent out the parts for the last TWO batches of guns! And are still selling the completion jigs that they have NEVER made! They are a poor excuse for a company and I wouldn't spend a dime with them! DR

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    I sorely miss the USA and the Freedoms we used to enjoy
    Election do have consequences

Angry

Well DangerRanger tho I used to have the bad habit (at work) of wading into a conversation somewhere in the middle and yada yada getting beat on from 2 directions... I see with what you've just added Ares Armor don't seem to be as pristine as I thought they were since just yesterday. It's unfortunate Ares Armor conducts their business practices in what seems to me to be less than honest. I feel for the folks that are waiting for their 80% orders. Still I think this town called National City is simply pulling out their big tax payer funded big guns to basically remove the portion of the sign that shows the black silhouette of an AR15. I'd hazard that if the signs AR15 disappeared that NC would back off like nothing had ever happened. What do you think DR? I'd go so far as removing the AR for a total of 7 days and while the hacks at city hall are laughing about their victory at the end of the 7 days put the sign right back AR15 and all. I'll bet there would be a ship storm then by golly.

Aside from the somewhat questionable business dealings AA has engaged in this issue is really bigger than the 2A even. His fight with this 2 bit bunch of gangsters running NC is really about First Amendment rights. As the sign has been on this buildings roof for 40 years it's not a question of building codes. It's merely a question of the NC gangsters at city hall don't like guns. As I said earlier they use gas AA should pull out the nape and grape. Look at politicians in general. They get a taste of *the good life* and they don't want someone mucking up the works. Simple as that. I say he (AA) should hire some private dicks to follow these people around to see what crap the mayors boys step in and how often...A little bit of good detective work spun just right by Ares Armor could possibly bring down the house of cards the mayors gangsters have placed themselves in. Who knows?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links