“Ma’am, It Sounds Like You’re Anti-American.” WOW!!

This is a discussion on “Ma’am, It Sounds Like You’re Anti-American.” WOW!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I thought I would post this article/audio(I apologize IF its already been posted.). Wow! is all I can say. ?Ma?am, It Sounds Like You?re Anti-American.?...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree317Likes

Thread: “Ma’am, It Sounds Like You’re Anti-American.” WOW!!

Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar

Exclamation “Ma’am, It Sounds Like You’re Anti-American.” WOW!!

I thought I would post this article/audio(I apologize IF its already been posted.). Wow! is all I can say.

?Ma?am, It Sounds Like You?re Anti-American.?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Baiting, bitchery and rabble rousing in a forum that's irrelevant to correction of unconstitutional laws. Can't say I agree with the caller's tactics.

The LEO was correct in pointing out the proper forum for was elsewhere ... with one's attorney and with one's legislators.

The 'baiter' was doing a good job of foisting opinion in the form of attack and not debate, claiming moral high ground yet continually speaking over the top of the person she ostensibly was asking to respond.

Whatever else can be said, her "discussion" doesn't speak well for the position of RKBA or being an upstanding citizen, irrespective of how one feels about the basic unconstitutionality of such laws.

I agree she and millions of other citizens have every right to be up in arms about this whole mess. But, at the end of the day, baiting LE and effectively (though not in so many words) threatening LE for upholding laws is going to likely end badly for many people.

Avoiding confiscation is fine. Staying under the radar is fine. Taking the personal decision to risk the unlawfulness of ignoring such edicts is fine, if a person determines that's in his or her best interests (with all the potential ramifications). But IMO attacking a given LEO over the phone in some sort of faux debate on the Constitution and "who's the master and servant" gets nobody anywhere fast.

In the end, the LEO was correct: the proper (and most effective) place to debate the point and change things is indeed with one's attorney and legislators.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    If I had been Lt Vance, I'd of hung up on her long before he did.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm rooting for my fellow Americans in Connecticut

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Djroulette View Post
    I'm rooting for my fellow Americans in Connecticut
    So am I.

But I hope that the in-your-face confrontational situations go smoothly, wherever they occur. Over this phone call, the baiter/professional relationship was clear. Will they come door to door? Very likely, given the law as it stands. Will such folks so vehement about their liberty go through their legislators and attorneys and the lawful legislative process, or "through" LE when they come calling?

Potentially explosive situation. Sometimes when you call down the rain ...
    gatorbait51 and rcsoftexas like this.

Get a lawyer. Good advice when you harbor "illegal weapons". Ouch!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

There are much better ways to handle concerns like this...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Some people in Connecticut are going to have to make some hard decisions before this fiasco is over with.

It is clearly unconstitutional and any lawyer worth is his salt could easily determine that. The problem is that the law will stand until the Supreme Beings in the black robes strike it down. Will they do so? Now a days that it anyone's guess...and I wouldn't bet money on common sense prevailing.
    ccw9mm, Aceoky, archer51 and 9 others like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The caller was correct, though: those who've sworn an oath to the People to support, protect and defend the Constitution are going to have decisions to make as to how they're going to handle orders to deploy in such situations.

My guess is, though, that the "guns or butter" decision is going to come down to where the butter comes from and whose bread is buttered. In the short run, it gets tough to support one's family when one has been fired for cause, for failure to execute one's duty. Though, in the long run, it gets tough to retain liberty and a cohesive nation for continuing failure to execute our collective duty to maintain the legitimate checks and balances necessary to ensure a constitutional constitutional republic.

Decisions are coming, for everyone.

when one has been fired for cause, for failure to execute one's duty.

I'd guess their defense would be the First Article of the CT Constitution (among others) they Did swear an Oath after all - hard to fire "for cause" when one is honoring that (and it is required to have the job at all) ..

Then there is the realistic fact that they simply do not have the resources to even begin to arrest, try to prosecute and imprison 100,000-300,000+ folks - pretty good defense methinks

IMHO - YMMV
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    I'd guess their defense would be the First Article of the CT Constitution (among others) they Did swear an Oath after all - hard to fire "for cause" when one is honoring that (and it is required to have the job at all)
    "Cause" being failure of duty, failure to execute legitimate commands, failure to maintain procedure, etc.

We agree on the constitutional oath part, of course. But there are other causes, and sure as the sun rises in the east there will be a "fired for cause" letter in each and every LEO's file for deliberate failure to roll on such calls where the job doesn't get done. It'll come down to how hard the chain of command wants to push it, how hard the state attorney wants to push it, how far the citizens want it all to go.

Chinese proverb: may you live in interesting times.
    Longstreet and gatorbait51 like this.

I'm sure there are Plenty of LEO jobs in Free States available for such honest, hard working, Constitution supporting Patriots
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

"A woman claiming to be the wife of one of those ..."

Sounded like a "plant." It would be interesting to know who this was. Am betting it wasn't truly one of those 106 who'd registered with errors. Any takers?
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and CIBMike like this.

That was the THIRD call about the gun grab that that guy got that morning. Which is a good thing, in my book.

The troopers need to get an ear full so that they can pass the word upstairs, that troubles a brewin', and that they dont want any part of it.

Its possible that word will reach someone with enough sense to chill things out before any real trouble is started.
    Aceoky, gatorbait51, ctr and 5 others like this.

Not the way to go about doing things by the caller. However, I did deduct 5 points from Lt. Vance for saying he is "the master". The laws in that state are obviously crazy. Gun owners there need to rally and make things happen. I'll do whatever I can from my end.
    Aceoky, FTG-05, Ghost1958 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links