Brady Celebrates 20 Years

This is a discussion on Brady Celebrates 20 Years within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This article is so biased as to be ludicrous! But it does reflect that enemies of the 2A are not taking a hiatus from their ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By MJK
  • 4 Post By Bama61
  • 2 Post By GunnyBunny
  • 2 Post By BenGoodLuck
  • 1 Post By Nmuskier
  • 3 Post By msgt/ret
  • 2 Post By MrBuckwheat
  • 2 Post By sdprof
  • 2 Post By Nmuskier

Thread: Brady Celebrates 20 Years

This article is so biased as to be ludicrous! But it does reflect that enemies of the 2A are not taking a hiatus from their work:

Gun control activists press on into stiff wind as Brady law turns 20 | TheHill
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Distinguished Member
    Every time I read something like this I just get mad. What I really don't understand is how a reporter can put stuff like this out without completely checking all the facts. Not just the ones that fit their particular interest. If I put out reports with such one sided, misleading information I'd be fired.
    RickyD, Aceoky, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.

VIP Member

I made it to the third paragraph and then I had to ...............................

msgt/ret and BenGoodLuck like this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    I like this comment following the article:

"What a bunch of nonsense. It seems the authors of this so called article simply push the gun control lie about 40% of sales not going through the background check system. I doubt they even know that this is based on a study more than 25 years ago, whose authors say does not support this position. Just another so called propaganda article dressed up as journalism."

Nuff said...
    Aceoky and tdave like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Congratulations. Brady bunch. 20 years of liberty infringement and all you have to show for it is increased gun injuries...that is until certain laws were relaxed. Then incidents went down, but we all know that the public wont support more strict laws unless the numbers go up.

Anyone notice that NONE of the Brady laws would have prevented him from getting shot?
    RickyD likes this.

VIP Member
    What is there to celebrate when your goal is to disarm and subjugate law-abiding citizens??
    tdave, RickyD and Aceoky like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    The article was a bunch of Bull, it said internet sales and private sales need back ground checks. So I can go on the internet and purchase a gun it will arrive on my door step in several days. Couple clicks of the mouse submit credit card number check shipping and bang a new Glock in the mail. Yeah right! They don't know jack.
    People that don't know about guns, gun safety or purchases should not be allowed to write or comment on the subject.
    tdave and Aceoky like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    What is there to celebrate when your goal is to disarm and subjugate law-abiding citizens??
    Free tee shirts.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

The first paragraph starts out with an unproven, and unprovable, so called statistic.

Is there any evidence to show that a person denied a sale at a dealer, who really wanted a gun for his criminal mischief, was unable to get one elsewhere? "Oh, gee, I got denied. There goes my career in armed robbery."

Of the two million denied, how many have been prosecuted? Darn few.

2010 - over 6 million NICS checks, 76000+ denials. 62 prosecutions. 18 of those later dropped, so 44 cases that went forward.

Yes, I feel real safe with the Brady Bill in action.
    tdave and Aceoky like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    People that don't know about guns, gun safety or purchases should not be allowed to write or comment on the subject.
    That would be like me writing about what women are really thinking.
    GunnyBunny and Aceoky like this.

I really do believe if they ever get those stupid expanded background checks into law,then they will be full speed ahead.They will push harder trying to pass some of the same dumb laws like gun registration,mag limits and whatever else like they have in N.Y.,Conn Co.etc. Hopefully,i'm wrong and i also hope i never find out.

I don't worry about it much in my state,but on the federal level i do.Just because some person got elected doesn't make them a genius.It burns me to no end,because they don't have the right or the knowledge to know what i need to protect myself..I do realize some people seems to think they do,ugh..The Brady group and the others won't stop trying.

The article quoted Pelosi as saying that GOP lawmakers would be pressured in their districts to support this. I think there will be pressure but not what Pelosi has in what's left of her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Congratulations. Brady bunch. 20 years of liberty infringement and all you have to show for it is increased gun injuries...that is until certain laws were relaxed. Then incidents went down, but we all know that the public wont support more strict laws unless the numbers go up.

Anyone notice that NONE of the Brady laws would have prevented him from getting shot?
    Of course not , and because they would not have prevented it that must mean we need more laws.

Distinguished Member
    Sorry, I couldn't get past the first unsupported sentence. As others have noted, there is no evidence that this bill has saved any lives much less "countless killings". The authors have no credibility given the complete disregard for facts.

Much like the rest of the liberal agenda, the anti-2A crowd will say or do anything to get their way. This type of thinking is fascism plain and simple.

Links