Civil Disobedience or Federal Crime?

This is a discussion on Civil Disobedience or Federal Crime? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One minute your a law abiding Citizen.......Then through some legal Hocus Pocus, you've became a criminal. I don't know what the numbers of the Good ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: Civil Disobedience or Federal Crime?

Civil Disobedience or Federal Crime?

One minute your a law abiding Citizen.......Then through some legal Hocus Pocus, you've became a criminal. I don't know what the numbers of the Good People of Connecticut, who refuse to comply... But I am with them. I hope their legislators, their Judges who have to stand reelections and their INFAMOUS State Police Chief. All get shown the door, never to hold office anywhere (Not Even Dog Catcher).
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Not a federal crime, but a state crime.

I just wish the people that say their there to protect people would truly understand what this action is saying. A few shouldn't rule many.
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and airslot like this.

Good for those in CT not knuckling under. And yes its a state law but to think it did not get its birthing at the Fed level,encouraged from there and supported by the Fed is very naive
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

In the end something's gotta give; either the people or the lawmakers. Hopefully the latter.
    The best way to stop incoming fire is accurate outgoing fire.

You can understand the frustration of the CT politicos. In England they registered the guns then they confiscated the guns. In Australia they registered the guns then they confiscated the guns. Now CT in keeping with tradition starts registration and the stupid proles say NO! How dare they?
    Last edited by tdave; March 1st, 2014 at 09:09 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    When the patriots came out of the hills and hollers to fight against King Georges army to gain their independence, they were considered criminals, and it was a criminal act of civil disobedience. Depends on who's eyes you look through. Boston tea party, criminal act, civil disobedience. There has always been a very high price to pay to gain freedom, and to keep it. Throughout history there have been those who try to subjugate others and take away their freedom, If they did not fight against it, they lost it. If they did fight against it, many died. And so it will always be. Fight to keep it, or lose it, nothing has changed. They will continue to push to remove our rights as guaranteed us by the constitution as long as no one is pushing back harder.
    darbo, Patti, Ghost1958 and 16 others like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

If it's legal, it's not really civil disobedience.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    When the patriots came out of the hills and hollers to fight against King Georges army to gain their independence, they were considered criminals, and it was a criminal act of civil disobedience. Depends on who's eyes you look through. Boston tea party, criminal act, civil disobedience. There has always been a very high price to pay to gain freedom, and to keep it. Throughout history there have been those who try to subjugate others and take away their freedom, If they did not fight against it, they lost it. If they did fight against it, many died. And so it will always be. Fight to keep it, or lose it, nothing has changed. They will continue to push to remove our rights as guaranteed us by the constitution as long as no one is pushing back harder.
    The key thing there is that in the end we won the war. If we had lost it would be written as the worst act of insurrection in Britain's history and they would have all been labeled traitors. This current event is a road with no U-turns and either there is a victory, or a complete and utter defeat which might spark a very real cascade of events AGAINST the people.
    The best way to stop incoming fire is accurate outgoing fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve08 View Post
    The key thing there is that in the end we won the war. If we had lost it would be written as the worst act of insurrection in Britain's history and they would have all been labeled traitors. This current event is a road with no U-turns and either there is a victory, or a complete and utter defeat which might spark a very real cascade of events AGAINST the people.
    ...with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
    Do we have the same courage?

Right now there are good people in CT that don't have a dog in the gun fight. So as the old adage goes when they came for the gun owners I wasn't one so I did not speak up. When they come for the things these folks value there won't be anybody there to help them stand up. Once divided like this we will be conquered.

Slowly the tide takes our soil and soon we are surfs of the state not farmers. Harry Reid came to the government a poor man and is now a multi millionaire. Nancy Pelossi the same way. We need term limits and short ones at that. We need to pass an amendment that says if a new law is made an old law must be removed. Or we will see the day we are nothing more than a fly speck on a piece of paper.

If you get a minute and look at these 40 maps it is painless and will give you a complete perspective of the world as it is today. http://twistedsifter.com/2013/08/map...-of-the-world/

Good luck CT. Remember in Colorado they threw the people out of office but not a single bad gun law has been repealed.

Respectfully,
    Bill
    darbo, Parrisk, Arejay and 5 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Even if the CT government "wins" it still looses. They would be better off blinking now.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    any blatant attempts to undo the constitution like this should come with felony charges on the politicians. It's one thing to have some referendum left up to voters and another for a few libiots to wield so much power willy nilly.

CT is the Constitution State you moron Malloy. Good for you responsible citizens of CT!!!!

My advice for the CT gun owners who are bucking the system is the same advice that Benjamin Franklin reportedly gave to the signers of the Declaration of Independence, "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
    Aceoky, redmc, Ghost1958 and 13 others like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Screw the gov't in all its forms! Stand and be counted! Better to die free, than live a slave!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links