CNN - Hello Sarah Brady...

This is a discussion on CNN - Hello Sarah Brady... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I guess Piers wasn't enough of a liberty hater so they had to bring in Sarah Brady. Oh joy, my favorite... NRA-ILA | CNN: Piers ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: CNN - Hello Sarah Brady...

VIP Member

I guess Piers wasn't enough of a liberty hater so they had to bring in Sarah Brady. Oh joy, my favorite...

NRA-ILA | CNN: Piers Morgan Out--Sarah Brady In
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Another fight on the horizon!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    ctr, gatorbait51 and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Time for me to bring back the Gadsden flag for the avatar.

They're pulling out all of the stops by giving the nod to the hallmark poster girl for anti-gunner liberty hatred in this country. Bummer her hubby went through a felon's nightmare, but that hardly gives anyone cause to go after all upstanding citizens in a vain attempt to get such felons to change one thing about how they go about crime.

I'm wondering: did CNN approach, or had she been banging on the door for awhile while licking her chops? Hm.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Well, Jeff Zucker is going to shove the agenda hard and deep. Probably his ratings as well.
    RickyD likes this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Distinguished Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Time for me to bring back the Gadsden flag for the avatar.

They're pulling out all of the stops by giving the nod to the hallmark poster girl for anti-gunner liberty hatred in this country. Bummer her hubby went through a felon's nightmare, but that hardly gives anyone cause to go after all upstanding citizens in a vain attempt to get such felons to change one thing about how they go about crime.

I'm wondering: did CNN approach, or had she been banging on the door for awhile while licking her chops? Hm.
    You do know she was anti gun before her husband was shot, right? She and Pete Shields were buddies a long time before that IIRC.
    BenGoodLuck and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    You do know she was anti gun before her husband was shot, right? She and Pete Shields were buddies a long time before that IIRC.
    Didn't know that, but it wouldn't surprise me. I was simply quipping about her ostensible validity to have such a heavy political presence simply based on having had a felon find her husband in a duck shoot, similar to how Giffords and her husband are taking things. Doesn't give them any moral superiority to destroy the Constitution, merely ending up in the same bucket as many of the rest of us. That's all I meant.

Distinguished Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Didn't know that, but it wouldn't surprise me. I was simply quipping about her ostensible validity to have such a heavy political presence simply based on having had a felon find her husband in a duck shoot, similar to how Giffords and her husband are taking things. Doesn't give them any moral superiority to destroy the Constitution, merely ending up in the same bucket as many of the rest of us. That's all I meant.
    Figured but wasn't sure if you knew her history.
    I haven't figured out Giffords, was she always anti? What about her husband? Anyone know if they're anti's from way back or just since she was shot?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    Figured but wasn't sure if you knew her history.
    I haven't figured out Giffords, was she always anti? What about her husband? Anyone know if they're anti's from way back or just since she was shot?
    Their not anti's; just ask 'em and they'll tell you.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    OK, I am with them regarding the whole Piers was a moron point. But his holier than thou british BS was not the only problem - America doesn't like the IDEA regardless of the messenger; what is so hard to understand about this?

CNN is a failing network with an ever shrinking audience. Every television and radio network that has tried this continues to fail. You would think that the financial losses alone would convince them to drop this absurd line of programming.
    BenGoodLuck and gatorbait51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Their not anti's; just ask 'em and they'll tell you.
    They're for safety and security. Trouble is, such steps they're for include: being against the Constitution and our founding principles of liberty.

Ol' Ben Franklin had a thing or two to say about that sort of thing, that bad trade. They deserve every ounce of our ire we can dish up, every time they seek to set fire to the Constitution and co-opt and corrupt our hired staff to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    OK, I am with them regarding the whole Piers was a moron point. But his holier than thou british BS was not the only problem - America doesn't like the IDEA regardless of the messenger; what is so hard to understand about this?

CNN is a failing network with an ever shrinking audience. Every television and radio network that has tried this continues to fail. You would think that the financial losses alone would convince them to drop this absurd line of programming.
    My question for CNN is quite simple: do they actually believe this will instill some sort of relevancy?

Perhaps if they actually focused on core news, in-depth coverage, balanced weighing of all aspects of a given controversial story. They'd get much more mileage, I think, by eviscerating some of the clear agenda they've been sucking on this past 20-25years.

Here's an interesting snippet from the article:

"It's funny how things change, however. The Brady Campaign originally opposed NICS.

"A little history is in order. The Brady Campaign started out in 1974 as the National Council to Control Handguns (NCCH), and made no attempt to conceal the fact that as far as it was concerned, "Control" meant "Ban." In 1976, the group's then-leader, Nelson Shields, stated that the group envisioned a three-part plan to ban handguns, and the first part of the plan was to slow down handgun sales.

"Congress ultimately passed the legislation, named the "Brady Bill", but before it did so it approved an amendment by Rep. George Gekas (R-Pa.), requiring the waiting period provisions to end after five years, in favor of what we now know as NICS. HCI opposed the amendment vigorously.

"The Brady Campaign, which initially opposed NICS, now calls NICS checks "Brady checks," and proposes that they be applied to people who purchase firearms from people who are not firearm dealers."

The snakes in the grass may be changing their skins (they all seem to be dropping "ban" or "control" from their names, and adding "violence" instead), but their agenda is still clear - to first register guns, and then ultimately confiscate them and outright ban them.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    Here's an interesting snippet from the article:

"It's funny how things change, however. The Brady Campaign originally opposed NICS.

"A little history is in order. The Brady Campaign started out in 1974 as the National Council to Control Handguns (NCCH), and made no attempt to conceal the fact that as far as it was concerned, "Control" meant "Ban." In 1976, the group's then-leader, Nelson Shields, stated that the group envisioned a three-part plan to ban handguns, and the first part of the plan was to slow down handgun sales.

"Congress ultimately passed the legislation, named the "Brady Bill", but before it did so it approved an amendment by Rep. George Gekas (R-Pa.), requiring the waiting period provisions to end after five years, in favor of what we now know as NICS. HCI opposed the amendment vigorously.

"The Brady Campaign, which initially opposed NICS, now calls NICS checks "Brady checks," and proposes that they be applied to people who purchase firearms from people who are not firearm dealers."

The snakes in the grass may be changing their skins (they all seem to be dropping "ban" or "control" from their names, and adding "violence" instead), but their agenda is still clear - to first register guns, and then ultimately confiscate them and outright ban them.
    Brady Checks.. In other words , they lie, like the rest of the Left
    OD*, tdave and BenGoodLuck like this.

VIP Member
    My question for CNN is quite simple: do they actually believe this will instill some sort of relevancy?

Perhaps if they actually focused on core news, in-depth coverage, balanced weighing of all aspects of a given controversial story. They'd get much more mileage, I think, by eviscerating some of the clear agenda they've been sucking on this past 20-25years.
    Zucker has made the point it is all the struggle ergo , Left and far Left.
    OD*, tdave and BenGoodLuck like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links