Connecticut Carry - Press Release

This is a discussion on Connecticut Carry - Press Release within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Connecticut Carry - Press Release - To Officials of the State of Connecticut: Either Enforce or Repeal 2013 Anti-gun Laws. "To Officials of the State ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Connecticut Carry - Press Release

Connecticut Carry - Press Release - To Officials of the State of Connecticut: Either Enforce or Repeal 2013 Anti-gun Laws.

"To Officials of the State of Connecticut: Either Enforce or Repeal 2013 Anti-gun Laws.

It’s time for the State to enforce the tyranny they passed or repeal it entirely. "

Connecticut Carry delivers a glove-slap challenge to the face of the shameless legislators and Governor who betrayed their own state's colonial-era patriots.

Another sign of growing unrest in the Land of Steady Habits:

Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir :: March 4, 2014 Archives
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    The gauntlet has been thrown down. My guess is the state will ignore it and do nothing. An attempt to enforce the law may very well bring open revolt of the people. To repeal the law would admit they either were wrong or have no backbone.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    To repeal the law would admit they either were wrong or have no backbone.
    Which is hilarious, because everybody knows they're wrong AND they have no backbone, but they really hate to admit it.
    OldVet, BurgerBoy, Aceoky and 7 others like this.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

Distinguished Member
    The gauntlet has been thrown down. My guess is the state will ignore it and do nothing. An attempt to enforce the law may very well bring open revolt of the people. To repeal the law would admit they either were wrong or have no backbone.
    You could very well be correct, but I see a major court case coming on. I hope the people win this battle.

It may not result in a revolt or any sort of violence at all if they attempt to enforce the law. It would however make them look like a gaggle of hamfisted buffoons and they know it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I predict there will be a shift on legislative party control this year in CT and that the new party control will repeal some, if not all of the gun ban. It's in the hands of the voters; will they continue to sit on their butts and complain or will the get out and vote the crooks out? I believe in our system of government and that the people deserve the government they vote into office.
    gatorbait51, ccw9mm and NONAME762 like this.
    John Luttrell

Those who enacted this need to be thrown out on their butts. They have created a situation that makes them look ridiculous and places the citizenry in danger.

Distinguished Member
    To me this is a perfect example of a few thinking they know what's best for all others.

I know that the two sides will never agree on what should or shouldn't be law, however I don't understand why each side can't sit and discuss like adults. Every person on both sides has their own opinion and probably no one is 100% correct. But why can't they come to some kind of compromise as to what works and what doesn't. What is constitutional and what isn't.

But as John Luttrel states above, we the people get what we vote for. I don't know how many people I talk to that complain about something in the government only to find out they didn't even vote.
    gatorbait51 and NONAME762 like this.

VIP Member
    Connecticut Carry should hire an editor for their press releases.
    Last edited by Mike1956; March 4th, 2014 at 12:52 PM.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

The dictionary defines "superfluous" as "serving no useful purpose; having no excuse for being"
    gatorbait51 and Exacto like this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Following a big win CT should also get a recall provision in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Connecticut Carry should either hire an editor for their press releases.
    Agreed...While their intentions are good, writing with the grammar skills of a 7th grader isn't going to convince anyone whose opinion matters.
    gatorbait51 and Mike1956 like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar

this is a huge problem with government. they have so many laws (criminal, regulations, IRS, etc...) on the books that are selectively enforced that everyone is on the hook for something, depending on whether you get caught or how the govt feels at the moment.

They should be forced to enforce all laws equally and consistently, or remove them. I hate that they leave nooses hanging over people's heads.

Look at the huge intimidation the IRS did targeting conservative groups last election? This could happen very easily in CT against gun owners. Not all gunowners are going to be willing to be made example of if they are targeted. The threat overhang really is intimidating and hampers people being vocal about various issues in order to stay off the radar.

Look at the moron David Gregory on Meet the Depressed tv show, having a banned 'assault mag' on live TV and not being prosecuted.

same with fauxbamacare. The terrible policy should be made to be implemented as passed with no exceptions so everyone feels the pain, rather than the executive branch exempting politcal allies and selectively enforcing and changing the law as they see fit inconsistently on the fly. Implement the dang thing as written or repeal it.

So the smoke starts to rise. Now we see if CT Goverment has the sense to see it and back down or fan the flames. The citizens have spoken in no uncertain terms.
    gatorbait51, Aceoky and tdave like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

How would the gov't know you have the sporting rifle if you do not register it? The only people that got the confiscation letter are those that submitted the forms past the registration period. Are the ploice going to go door to door in every house hold in CT and ask if they could look around? Would the police be able to get search warrents on every house in CT? I know if the police came to my house to "ask" if I had a rifle, they would be shown the way off my property.

The only way to enforce it is to actually see you with the rifle or find it after they arrest you for something else.
    gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links