Another CT Molon Labe

This is a discussion on Another CT Molon Labe within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Connecticut Gun Owners: ?Come and Get Them!? - Michael Schaus - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page full...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: Another CT Molon Labe

VIP Member
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

2. Remove Ads

The state recently passed a slew of anti-gun legislation, including a gun registration program for so called “assault rifles” that has been received with less enthusiasm than Obamacare. In fact, many gun owners in Connecticut have elected to ignore the patently unconstitutional law in the same way that Millennials have ignored the IRS requirement for health insurance.
    As they well should IMO

The birth place of the Constitution, it turns out, is still home to armed students of human liberty.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

As all through history again and again, a government can control a people only as long as those people allow themselves to be governed. Once a government reaches a point of to much oppression it invariably gets reset by the people in one way or another.

It appears that CT government has reached a point where it can reboot itself...... or get the boot from its citizens.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    The government is sticking it's toe in the water.

( if goes well you will see more of it, if goes bad then you will see more call for gun control laws )

I see this as a lose / lose situation. No way in hell that I would want to be the first guy to knock on a door and ask for your weapons.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    The government is sticking it's toe in the water.

( if goes well you will see more of it, if goes bad then you will see more call for gun control laws )

I see this as a lose / lose situation. No way in hell that I would want to be the first guy to knock on a door and ask for your weapons.
    People are mostly talk. I assure you that they will hand their guns over if the LEA comes to their door. They may sue afterward to be paid for their gun but they will hand them over just as citizens did in New Orleans after Katrina.
    gatorbait51 and Longstreet like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    My prayers of strength and courage go to the patriots in CT resisting the tyranny of their govt.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion, Diamondback DB-15, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, S&W Bodyguard .380, FN Five SeveN 5.7.

Semper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    People are mostly talk. I assure you that they will hand their guns over if the LEA comes to their door. They may sue afterward to be paid for their gun but they will hand them over just as citizens did in New Orleans after Katrina.
    Every one of the "smart " folks for sure . The Gangbangers, not so much.

Read the above carefully, folks. The media is trying to sensationalize the story for their own profit as much as possible but.....when the moment arrives, and there is a team of heavily armed LEOs at their door, likely 100% of the residents of CT are going to hand over anything they're told to hand over. It will happen quickly and without much resistance (if any.)
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post
    Read this carefully, folks. The media is trying to sensationalize the story for their own profit as much as possible but.....when the moment arrives, and there is a team of heavily armed LEOs at their door, likely 100% of the residents of CT are going to hand over anything they're told to hand over. It will happen quickly and without much resistance (if any.)
    .gov is NOT your friend.
    Last edited by OD*; March 5th, 2014 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Repair quote
    Aceoky, oldman45, airslot and 1 others like this.

Fortunately, Connecticut isn't a long trip from...New Hampshire. "Live Free or Die" makes for a MUCH MORE POWERFUL motto than "He Who is Transplanted Still Sustains" (if my Latin still works).
    Aceoky, gatorbait51 and airslot like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    You don't know me very well, I don't know anybody going to hand them over. of course since the boating incident there is nothing to had over, move along.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I'll not only take "that bet" but raise you

The CT LEO will NOT try to enforce this MUCH Less got "Door To Door" there is simply too much risk - too many folks telling them All to Go Pound Sand - it's NOT going to happen - no matter how much they throw a tantrum- they have made an official public statement already making that clear (and I have posted it several times on this very forum)

The . GOV gets it's authority from CONSENT OF THE Governed - which they clearly do not have here- the last thing they should have done was pass an illegal and unenforceable decree and now they see the reality they have themselves been forced to accept
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post
    Read this carefully, folks. The media is trying to sensationalize the story for their own profit as much as possible but.....when the moment arrives, and there is a team of heavily armed LEOs at their door, likely 100% of the residents of CT are going to hand over anything they're told to hand over. It will happen quickly and without much resistance (if any.)
    Wouldnt bet on that. Same thing was said by a lot of folks about the British coming and doing what they wanted long ago. Old George and his gang however had different ideas.

If they do turn them over then they deserve to be subjects. I dont think they will and I highly doubt any LE agency is going to be all tickled to try to go door to door confiscating weapons against the 2A in order to enforce an illegal law.

One they likely would prefer not to be shot at which they most certainly will be at some point possibly a lot of points. And being the first Nazi jackboots in American history to simply be trying to forcefully carry out a unconstitutional gun confiscation of an entire state is not likely the national public image the relish presenting.

This is not going to go over as easy as a few of you think it is. I know you hope it does because if it gets violent it could easily blow out of control spill over state lines and mess up all your plans. Screw up vacations, affect bottom lines in businesses etc.

But hey it happened before, big time, twice in this nation alone, over much less. Just wont take as much to turn the tide back right this time around as before.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

"...the boating accident"
    Oh, I get it. Same thing here except it was an alien abduction. Seems ET is an AR fan.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Old man 45 : Yeah, thats what King George thought also.
    Ghost1958, Aceoky, tdave and 4 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links