Poll says majority voters in 3 states back nat'l gun registration

This is a discussion on Poll says majority voters in 3 states back nat'l gun registration within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Three-state majority favors natíl gun registration, says poll A stunning majority of registered voters in New York, New Jersey and Virginia support the creation of ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Poll says majority voters in 3 states back nat'l gun registration

Poll says majority voters in 3 states back nat'l gun registration

Three-state majority favors natíl gun registration, says poll

A stunning majority of registered voters in New York, New Jersey and Virginia support the creation of a national gun registry, according to a coordinated polling effort by three universities, which jointly released their results earlier today, and Examiner spoke via telephone to the man who coordinated the effort.

Three-state majority favors nat?l gun registration, says poll - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    gatorbait51 and ccw9mm like this.

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Tell them to run that same poll in Texas, Alabama, and about 45 other states and see what numbers they get . Stupid, stupid, stupid!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I could have guessed two out the three states without reading the article. I'll bet dollars against Navy beans, for as tall of a stack of beans as you can afford, that if you polled Ky, Tn & Ga, a majority would vote to trade New York, New Jersey and (bless their hearts) Virginia to Canada for a couple of ...strong NHL draft picks.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Tell them to run that same poll in Texas, Alabama, and about 45 other states and see what numbers they get . Stupid, stupid, stupid!
    Amen and amen!
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Great ! Then New York, New Jersey, and Virgina can Favor that ....Wont happen here and many other states . Who took the poll and whom did they ask ? Garbage in then garbage out . Data is so skewed ! Oh Commie universities who hate the second amendment ! Geez what a surprise . I'm shocked.

Yep you ask that any where down south or in most parts of the southwest ( save CA) you will hear a dif story
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ďEvery normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.Ē H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I would be curious what their sampling was even in these states. We have already had one poll that stated 90% of Americans want stronger gun laws. Turns out the poll was almost exclusively drawn in Manhattan. A basic breach of statistical ethics is to draw from one population to achieve the desired result then misrepresent it as a different population.

VIP Member
    ROFL... Let me guess... All of the VA responses came from FFX, Arlington, Vienna, Mclean, etc...?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Moderator
    But also go here:http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/h...Comparison.pdf

And look at Questions 12A and 12B in addition to Question 4C. 12A and B are more illuminating!

Q12A. Which of the following do you think is MOST responsible for mass shootings like those in Newtown, Connecticut and Virginia Tech? [CHOICES ROTATED]
    NY Residents
    NY Reg Voters
    VA Residents
    VA Reg Voters
    NJ Residents
    NJ Reg Voters
    Weak gun laws
    15%
    15%
    10%
    10%
    16%
    15%
    Poor enforcement of gun laws
    11%
    12%
    7%
    7%
    11%
    10%
    Violent media such as movies and video games
    17%
    17%
    15%
    15%
    12%
    12%
    Poor policies to deal with mental illness
    36%
    37%
    44%
    45%
    36%
    37%
    We simply cannot stop those who want to kill others
    18%
    17%
    21%
    21%
    20%
    21%
    Don't know/Refused
    3%
    4%
    4%
    3%
    5%
    5%
    Q12B. Of the remaining, which do you think is MOST responsible for mass shootings like those in Newtown, Connecticut and Virginia Tech? [CHOICES ROTATED]
    NY Residents
    NY Reg Voters
    VA Residents
    VA Reg Voters
    NJ Residents
    NJ Reg Voters
    Weak gun laws
    18%
    18%
    12%
    12%
    Poor enforcement of gun laws
    18%
    17%
    17%
    16%
    Violent media such as movies and video games
    16%
    15%
    16%
    16%
    Poor policies to deal with mental illness
    22%
    23%
    24%
    26%
    We simply cannot stop those who want to kill others
    20%
    21%
    23%
    24%
    Don't know/Refused

12A and 12B illustrate the 4C Question is a Red Herring that is NOT a solution!

"He went on two legs, wore clothes and was a human being, but nevertheless he was in reality a wolf of the Steppes. He had learned a good deal . . . and was a fairly clever fellow. What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life. The cause of this apparently was that at the bottom of his heart he knew all the time (or thought he knew) that he was in reality not a man, but a wolf of the Steppes."

There's a reason why the framers didn't want a pure democracy (the rule of majority). In their wisdom, the Constitution was written & ratified to RESTRICT foolishness dictated by 51% votes. Because certain truths were agreed to be "inalienable", no matter HOW MANY people feel...otherwise.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

How exactly was the question asked?
    gatorbait51 and dangerranger like this.

A poll is a snapshot in time, and is effected by the population chosen, the way the questions are phrased, who asks, time of day, whats on the news.
    Results change. Polling is not the scientific method.

For example,
    1) if I prove to you that gun control will stop murder, would you favor registration or or vote to continue killing children.

2) The CDC study on gun violence failed to show the effectiveness of gun control laws. Should we require the police to use swat teams to steal guns bought legally and never misused from law abiding citizens availing themselves of their rights as citizens of the US, or should we respect the Constitution of the United States of America

Scientific studies explain the who what when why and how so that the study can be repeated. By there very nature, polls can not be considered.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

Distinguished Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    I'd like to see the exact questions they asked in the poll and who they polled. Polls these days are nothing but rigged propaganda. It's easy to get the outcome you want by how you state the questions and what groups you poll.

I minored in Statistics at a major university. The professors taught - "There are lies. There are damn lies. And then there's Statistics."

If the question is framed in the right way and responses are limited to the right polling-group, I can provide "valid" stats that reflect a majority of voters would elect Bozo for President. Wait...uhhh, let me rephrase my point.

Who were the target population? How did they choose those individuals? It's easy to guide a poll in one direction or another by choosing your target group. I live in Va. and I never saw this poll.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links