New Job at Armed Security, and this is what my trainer had to say about the 2A

This is a discussion on New Job at Armed Security, and this is what my trainer had to say about the 2A within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "What the American people don't understand is that the 2nd Amendment only applies to Americans serving in the militia. It was designed so the Americans ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree245Likes

Thread: New Job at Armed Security, and this is what my trainer had to say about the 2A

"What the American people don't understand is that the 2nd Amendment only applies to Americans serving in the militia. It was designed so the Americans could raise a future militia and fight the British".
    Now before the hate and discontent flows forth, my trainer is a 16 year retired GySgt. 0331 Machinegunner who was a 1983 Beirut Lebanon survivor. I am former USMC as well so I have to say I like the guy on a personal level. Here is my other issue.
    Another new armed guard in the training class is an Army vet and he and my trainer both supported UBC's and obtaining a license prior to purchasing any firearm. I am still trying to wrap my head around this.

It greatly disturbs and bothers me that two vets who have all been deployed at one point support the idea of further allowing private gun ownership in America and are willing to compromise on that right. For some reason this bothers me. Maybe I am becoming a nut. I also run into LEO's sometimes who have this same attitude when I talk to them. I bring up getting a CCW and have had several deputies/officers laugh and say, "Why would you possibly need to carry a gun?". When I ask them why they need to carry one these particular individuals have replied, "Well that's different." I am starting to see a trend that SOME (not all) veterans and LEO's think that only they should have the right and legitimate need to personally own/bear a firearm. As a young vet (I'm 22) I feel as if even my own kind are progressively seeing less of a reason to personally own a firearm. Am I crazy?
    -Linny
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    crazy_pilot.gif

They're full of you know what....... Two real nuts. I posted their picture above this sentence.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

OK, you have an idiot for a trainer. God help you. He'll probably tell you to carry a double 12, so you can fire a warning shot into the air.

Be your own dog. If they can teach you how to shoot, OK. But they don't get to tell you what to think or how to live. Remember that.

Actually what we are carrying are .38 DA revolvers. We are prohibited from providing our firearm.
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    OK, you have an idiot for a trainer. God help you. He'll probably tell you to carry a double 12, so you can fire a warning shot into the air.

Be your own dog. If they can teach you how to shoot, OK. But they don't get to tell you what to think or how to live. Remember that.
    gatorbait51 and LittleLady like this.
    USMC 2009-2013 0341 Pfc-Cpl.
    OEF II 2 Pumps
    Escaped Californian
    My Blog http://renogunblog.blogspot.com/

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    You know what they say, opinions are like...well, you know what they say.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Linny, There are liberals in all walks of life, including the military. Just because someone is a vet does not mean he/she is not anti gun, anti Constitution (even though they swore an oath to uphold it), anti liberty.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Everybody has an opinion. A DD-214 does not make a historian or an expert on the Constitution.
    "For someone who is nearly as smart as I am, how can you be so wrong about this?"

No Linny. Damn it does my old heart good to see a 22 year old such as yourself coming up with questions like this.

WTH are you from son? Not knowing you from Adam I'd say you're worth getting to know.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    No, you're not crazy. What you're experiencing is the basic fact that the military and police forces are made up of individual humans, and like all other humans, they are prone to believing what works for them. I know you'd expect them to have a greater understanding, given the oath (at least military) that they take, but unfortunately that oath doesn't come with any automatic understanding of, or appreciation for, the document that they are swearing the oath to.

And thank you for your service...
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

They're flat out wrong - SCOTUS has made that much clear in easy to understand language - I feel for you
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

Distinguished Member
    Well, your instructors have a twisted way of seeing things. Im sure they are set in their ways, so no amount of reason will sway their ideas. Moving along, nothing wrong with a wheel gun. They're simple and elegant, and they go bang every time you pull the trigger. The .38 is a decent round for 99% of the situations anyone might encounter. I hope it is a quality firearm.
    Last edited by oldnfat; March 4th, 2014 at 09:44 PM. Reason: add text
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    No Linny. Damn it does my old heart good to see a 22 year old such as yourself coming up with questions like this.

WTH are you from son? Not knowing you from Adam I'd say you're worth getting to know.
    Amen - I second that.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

You're not crazy. Idiots abound. You just keep thinking for yourself.

Oh yeah, don't forget to buy more guns and ammo than you can possibly afford. Certainly before you get married.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    "What the American people don't understand is that the 2nd Amendment only applies to Americans serving in the militia. It was designed so the Americans could raise a future militia and fight the British".
    Now before the hate and discontent flows forth, my trainer is a 16 year retired GySgt. 0331 Machinegunner who was a 1983 Beirut Lebanon survivor. I am former USMC as well so I have to say I like the guy on a personal level. Here is my other issue.
    Another new armed guard in the training class is an Army vet and he and my trainer both supported UBC's and obtaining a license prior to purchasing any firearm. I am still trying to wrap my head around this.

It greatly disturbs and bothers me that two vets who have all been deployed at one point support the idea of further allowing private gun ownership in America and are willing to compromise on that right. For some reason this bothers me. Maybe I am becoming a nut. I also run into LEO's sometimes who have this same attitude when I talk to them. I bring up getting a CCW and have had several deputies/officers laugh and say, "Why would you possibly need to carry a gun?". When I ask them why they need to carry one these particular individuals have replied, "Well that's different." I am starting to see a trend that SOME (not all) veterans and LEO's think that only they should have the right and legitimate need to personally own/bear a firearm. As a young vet (I'm 22) I feel as if even my own kind are progressively seeing less of a reason to personally own a firearm. Am I crazy?
    -Linny
    Too much TV watching. Think about this, George McGovern and John Kerry are vets.. do you trust them?
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

VIP Member
    Yes, it is frightening that people who really should know better fall for the "military and police only" line touted by the anti 2nd amendment loonies. They refuse to believe that every time in history a dictator has taken over a country, one of his first acts was to disarm the populace. Their heads are..............let us say "in the sand" so we don't get penalty points.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links