New Jersey and Justifiable Need........

This is a discussion on New Jersey and Justifiable Need........ within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm a life long NJ resident and Cert. Firearms Instructor this my 23rd year... as tax payers we provide Paid Protection here in New Jersey ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 9 Post By xXxplosive
  • 2 Post By welder516
  • 1 Post By Aceoky
  • 1 Post By rmilchman
  • 1 Post By Aceoky
  • 1 Post By archer51

Thread: New Jersey and Justifiable Need........

New Jersey and Justifiable Need........

I'm a life long NJ resident and Cert. Firearms Instructor this my 23rd year... as tax payers we provide Paid Protection here in New Jersey for our elected state officials...ie. Gov., Senator, etc.
    IMO, since we are picking up the tab, they should be required to show a judge the same justifiable need for personal protection as they require from us......propose an amendment ....please.
    May I suggest putting this up for a referendum vote and show what it costs tax payers here providing for their safety. IMO....remove the cost of personal body guards for them and their families unless they can show a judge the same justifiable need as they require us to do. If you don't like the job description, then don't run for public office. If you feel threatened, then maybe the job is not for you...
    IMO............this is the only way.......take away from them what they won't provide for us.

Also, we're pay for something on an assumption of occurance not real threat from which they demand from us. They have back up in case they cannot fill their full term......so what's the justifiable need they have for paid protection....?
    Last edited by xXxplosive; March 5th, 2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Aceoky, RickyD, tdave and 6 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Pretty much the same here in Maryland .................................In my state like yours it is the "haves" and the "have-nots" and until that whole way of thinking is changed it will be hard to get it changed in some places . But some people that vote "for" who we have want to have the illusion they are being cared for and if something goes wrong it is someone elses fault .
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

If I had the money and wasn't concerned about being denied and what being denied would do to me in other states I would apply for a NJ permit. My "justifiable need" would be protection from the NJ firearm laws. Without a carry permit you can not make any stops to or from the range. By letter of the law stopping to repair a flat tire or other vehicle break down would put us in felony possession of a fire arm. Forget about stopping for coffee or lunch.
    Glock Armorer

A2777 defines reasonable deviations as pertaining to transporting firearms

Needs to be passed based on exactly what you stated
    tdave likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    A2777 defines reasonable deviations as pertaining to transporting firearms

Needs to be passed based on exactly what you stated
    The problem is who's going to define what reasonable is and reasonable to who?
    RickyD likes this.
    Glock Armorer

I left 24 years ago, can't imagine going back...
    Don't call 911, call 1911...

I suffer from chronic & incurable "Condition One"
    But I've learned to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    The problem is who's going to define what reasonable is and reasonable to who?
    A2777
    tdave likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Still can not stop to purchase ammo, you can use a bathroom but can not have lunch.
    Glock Armorer

Well, actually I was addressing the "flat tire and felony" part of your post

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    Well, actually I was addressing the "flat tire and felony" part of your post
    Yep, they covered that.
    Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by finst3r View Post
    I left 24 years ago, can't imagine going back...
    I'ld like to leave, maybe in 8 years when my youngest is out of High School. Problem is when you leave the sheep win.
    Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    I'm a life long NJ resident and Cert. Firearms Instructor this my 23rd year... as tax payers we provide Paid Protection here in New Jersey for our elected state officials...ie. Gov., Senator, etc.
    IMO, since we are picking up the tab, they should be required to show a judge the same justifiable need for personal protection as they require from us......propose an amendment ....please.
    May I suggest putting this up for a referendum vote and show what it costs tax payers here providing for their safety. IMO....remove the cost of personal body guards for them and their families unless they can show a judge the same justifiable need as they require us to do. If you don't like the job description, then don't run for public office. If you feel threatened, then maybe the job is not for you...
    IMO............this is the only way.......take away from them what they won't provide for us.

Also, we're pay for something on an assumption of occurance not real threat from which they demand from us. They have back up in case they cannot fill their full term......so what's the justifiable need they have for paid protection....?
    They are not servants to society, they are the overlords of society. They are our rulers. That is the reason. They rule, we suffer.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

You certainly have the right idea xXx. This country would be a whole lot better off if the self-righteous elitists had to live under the same guidelines they set for the rest of us.

I know Bloomberg wouldn't be so anti-gun if he couldn't have his gun toting mob around him everywhere he goes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post

How dare a mere peon like you think you are anywhere near as worthy as the lords and ladies you serve???!!!

Thought I'd get it out of the way before they got a petition like you mentioned and had a chance to respond.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links