Forces of gun prohibition on the march again…

This is a discussion on Forces of gun prohibition on the march again… within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Forces of gun prohibition on the march again… By Tim Inwood Since the elections on November 7th I have been watching the news coverage carefully ...

Thread: Forces of gun prohibition on the march again…

By Tim Inwood

Since the elections on November 7th I have been watching the news coverage carefully and what I see chills me. The forces that want to eventually ban gun ownership have been very frustrated under Republican rule in Washington D.C. since January 1995. The past two years since the expiration of the Clinton Semi-automatic Firearms ban has literally driven them up the wall. Now. with a new Democrat majority in Washington D.C., they are stirring. They think it is time to move.

The problem is we the defenders of our Constitutional rights never seem to get as much air time or the space and ink necessary to debunk the balderdash spread by these people in the major newspapers. Thank goodness we have websites like this one to spread to truth.

You can read the rest of the article here:
    http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3464.html

I had a big long post spouting absolute truth compared to the truth of ideology... how healthy debate is good for our overall freedoms, how we need debate to grow and become stronger...... supporting evidence and the like.....

Then my computer crashed, and I don't feel like retyping it all......

So I will just say this....

If we truely want to make sure the 2nd ammendmend keeps standing to ensure our right to own firearms, then all of us had better get off of our butts and make some noise!
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

The trouble is the Republicans in DC are just a little less anti gun then the Democrats. The Republicans haven't done S**T for us gun owners. That is way last election I voted 3rd party after voting Republican all my life. All i've seen is more and more of the Constitution being P***ED on.
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
    — John F. Kennedy

VIP Member
    We're fighting a fight of gradual encroachment. The antis have been gaining in their steps to get rid of our RIGHTs.

Thru little steps, they have slowly & surely limiting us with when, where & how a firearm can be used, purchased or sold.

Yes, we have made some gains, regarding concealed carry laws, in a lot of states. However, look at the restrictions that accompany them:

-Va.-- goofy restaurant ban on concealed carry (open carry ok)
    -Ohio-- when carrying vehicle, weapon must be in holster & visible.
    ............you probably can come up with a bunch on your own.

There are also politicians & judges who, no matter what the voters want, will continue to attack private ownership.

They continue to see the Constitution thru a filter made of garbage. They don't see the Second Amendment, but they see things like 'Separation of church & state'......Which is NO WHERE in the Constitution!. they see the 'right to privacy'(again, NO WHERE IN THE CONSTITUTION), but only when it suits them.

After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.-William Burroughs (b. 1914), taped conversation (published in Grand Street, no. 37)

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus, Roman Historian 55-117 A.D.

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.-Thomas B. Reed (1839-1902), Speaker of the House, 51st, 54th and 55th U.S. Congresses, 1886
    We have been fighting & loosing ground in almost every other area. We see story after story of how localities are limiting when a firearm can be fired.

Now with the Liberals (notice the use of liberal & not democrat) in control of congress, who knows where they will go next.

In the past they a cyclical in their approach. One moment they go after tobacco, then they attack 'big pharmaceuticals', then they go after guns.............& the cycle repeats, over & over again.

Politicians aren't happy either, just attacking guns among their own electorate, they want to get rid of them for EVERYBODY.....Anybody recall the 'Dishonorable' Mayor Blooming-idiot from NYC?

We are going to have to keep fighting, but we will eventually lose a lot more of the freedoms we have today.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson
    Don't believe me? Just go back a decade or two or even three.........remember when you were a kid? I know my constant companion was a BB gun. What happens now when someone sees a kid with a BB gun?.......the cops are called.

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts.-Edmund Burke (1729-97), Irish philosopher, statesman, Letter, April 3, 1777, to the Sheriffs of Bristol

They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.-Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790), Historical Review of Pennsylvania (1759)

If all that Americans want is security, they can go to prison. They’ll have enough to eat, a bed and a roof over their heads. But if an American wants to preserve his dignity and his equality as a human being, he must not bow his neck to any dictatorial government.-Dwight David Eisenhower (1890-1969), speech to luncheon clubs, Galveston, Texas, December 8, 1949 - The New York Times, December 9, 1949, p. 23

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.- Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), letter, January 10, 1917
    Last edited by goawayfarm; December 30th, 2006 at 04:24 PM.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Sponsored Links