What Are You Listening To?

This is a discussion on What Are You Listening To? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What Are You Listening To? By Chris Chumita It was not that long ago that the liberal media had total control. The anti-gun and anti-freedom ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening To?

By Chris Chumita

It was not that long ago that the liberal media had total control. The anti-gun and anti-freedom organizations had free reign to use the radio and television to spew their propaganda. Pro-gun and freedom organizations were forced to use less effective means to communicate such as mass mailing and newsletters. During those dark times, pro-gun and pro-freedom editorials and stories were even rarer then they are today.

The winds of change started several years ago. Conservative talk radio was born and its popularity continues to grow. Finally, there was an outlet for conservatives, pro-gun, and pro-freedom people to have a voice. It did not stop there. As technology grew, so did opportunities to broadcast pro-gun and pro-freedom messages. Today, we have a growing number of pro-gun and pro-freedom radio shows, internet shows, and podcasts. Listed below you will find a list of the most notable shows.

You can read the rest of the article here:
    http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3465.html

VIP Member
    Disturbed - 10,000 Fists

I don't listen to talk radio of any ilk. I don't read propaganda rags nor watch "news" programming. I've had the misfortune of seeing the "news" with my own eyes and then seeing, hearing or reading what was reported and realizing how totally different it was from what I witnessed.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

talk radio for me.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I enjoy listening to talk radio several times a week, although I haven't found any host who lines up with my personal belief's 100%

I can't get Air America (I think that's the name of the liberal talk network) up here in Northern Michigan except on certain nights, and when it does come in, I will listen to that as well, although I tend to disagree with most of what I hear.... but it tends to make me angry, and that motivates me to take a stand. If I hear something that really gets my dander up, I will spout off about it all over town, and try to support my arguments against what I heard with several facts. I would hope my ramblings would help motivate other people to take a stand as well (the beginnings of grass roots movements).

But I also consider myself an odd duck. Even when a certain talk show host and I agree on a point, I'd rather find someone I disagre with to listen too.... Kind of the "know your enemy" mentality.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Administrator
    Michael Savage of The Savage Nation is the only talk radio guy I listen to.

Cam and Company when I can catch it.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Nothing but NPR here and plenty of audio books.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Michael Savage of The Savage Nation is the only talk radio guy I listen to.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'll listen to local talk radio (980 KMBZ), Rush or OReilly if I happen to be on the road during their shows, and Savage if I'm running around in the evening. I also watch OReilly once a week or so, and I read several internet news sites, mostly firearm related, and the Kansas City (Red) Star, when I can pick up an issue at a restaurant and avoid sending my money their way.

I don't agree with anyone on every issue, but what good would it do to listen to only one point of view? I'll never understand people who don't pay any attention to the news... I couldn't stand not knowing what was going on in the world.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Senior Moderator
    NPR all the time

When I'm in my Tahoe, I listen to KTRH talk radio here in Houston. When I'm on my bike, I listen to the wind rushing by.

...Frankly, the wind usually makes a lot more sense.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I listen to any of the conservative talk shows as they make sense.
    I just got sirrus for Christmas so looking to see what I can get on
    Patriot station which is dedicated to conservative talk shows.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Scott, I couldn't have said it better myself. Only reason I'll pay attention to a "news" service is for work or school. There's so much slant its rediculous. NPR really isn't bad, though. They have a lot of "just the facts" items. Otherwise - If I wanted to be told what to think, I would have done better is school and listened to my teachers tell me that a kilometer was longer than a mile. Hahaha!!!

All classic and southern rock. Heavy metal too. Hard for me to find radio stations I like, so I'll just listen to CD's.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I usually like music instead, but sometimes after hearing all the liberal drivel on the "mainstream" stations, I need to hear stuff that makes sense and makes me feel like I am not in the minority on major issues.

Then its Glenn Beck, Laura Ingram, and Michael Savage.

Helps me sleep at night.

VIP Member
    I don't listen to talk radio either....I do watch Fox, CNN (on occasion) and the Glen Beck show.

My radio listening is general reserved to my favorite tunes and/or radio (music) shows (to include streaming internet shows and/or iPod podcasts) of WNYU's (NY University's) New Afternoon Show and Beats in Space.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links