MO Rep wants to get rid of Castle Doctrine

This is a discussion on MO Rep wants to get rid of Castle Doctrine within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wow, some twit from Boone Co wants to effectively neuter our Castle Doctrine. He's finding out that dog won't hunt around here. Here's a summary ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: MO Rep wants to get rid of Castle Doctrine

MO Rep wants to get rid of Castle Doctrine

Wow, some twit from Boone Co wants to effectively neuter our Castle Doctrine. He's finding out that dog won't hunt around here. Here's a summary of his proposition (HB 1940): anyone faced with a threat must first attempt to retreat; it prohibits people from having automatic immunity if they claim Stand Your Ground; and it requires the defendant to prove they had no other option than to use deadly force.

So far the response from Missourians has led him to request special protection from the police. Guess he stepped on something he ought not to have.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good to hear that the people are taking a stand in your state before stupid legislation has passed so they won't have to do all of that recall work when it's too late to stop the really bad laws!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member
    Maybe you can add getting a noted signed by the BG stating it is OK to shoot him...
    Aceoky, gatorbait51, OD* and 3 others like this.

There always has to be at least one or two in any state. None here that would propose anything anti gun but two will sometimes oppose pro gun legislation. Usually the one from Lexington will squack and moan but vote with the pro gun crowd cuz theres no use to vote against them. The other one is normally the on no vote on pro gun stuff LOL.
    gatorbait51 and tdave like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

"HE" when I read that I just knew it was Claire McCaskill . Methinks whoever it was - they would be more suited to live in NJ, NY etc. etc.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

VIP Member
    Here's the story:

MO lawmaker says he's getting threats after proposed bill - KCTV5

Anyone recognize a typical Leftist pattern of persecution is his bleatings? The story itself is riddled with errors .
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Wait until HE gets robbed, he'll be singing a different song, just like that OH legislator who flipped in just one bad experience.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    His days in office are numbered
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    His days in office are numbered
    I'd bet not . His constituency benefits from ending the Castle Doctrine.
    emawildcat, tdave and CIBMike like this.

Boone County is a special animal. Mizzou is in the Boone area. Their speeding tickets are 35% higher than anywhere else in the state. Their politicians are also 35% higher...
    tdave and gatorbait51 like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Randy Dunn is the legislator in question. He is a Democrat from urban Kansas City, not Boone County. I've spoken to my state rep who says Dunn's bill "will never see the light of day".

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    That's the beauty of getting old like me no matter where I live I cannot retreat to old to run and I hate when some one wakes me in the middle of the night cause that makes me cranky.
    gatorbait51 and tdave like this.

I can't help but wonder due to the language in some of those mailings he received if it wasn't his staffers sending them to discredit his opposition?
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Wow, some twit from Boone Co wants to effectively neuter our Castle Doctrine. He's finding out that dog won't hunt around here. Here's a summary of his proposition (HB 1940): anyone faced with a threat must first attempt to retreat; it prohibits people from having automatic immunity if they claim Stand Your Ground; and it requires the defendant to prove they had no other option than to use deadly force.

So far the response from Missourians has led him to request special protection from the police. Guess he stepped on something he ought not to have.
    Would that apply to the guy trying to kill you as well ? Bet not.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    I can't help but wonder due to the language in some of those mailings he received if it wasn't his staffers sending them to discredit his opposition?
    Probably written by OFA volunteers
    Aceoky and tdave like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links