Brady Campaign mailing info

This is a discussion on Brady Campaign mailing info within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My wife somehow got on the Brady Campaign's mailing list (she's NOT a supporter), and she gives me the material so that I can see ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Brady Campaign mailing info

Brady Campaign mailing info

My wife somehow got on the Brady Campaign's mailing list (she's NOT a supporter), and she gives me the material so that I can see what the opposition is saying about us Second Amendment supporters. This gives me an insight of what their talking points are, and how I can best destroy those points in a discussion.

Since many of you might not know exactly what the Brady Campaign is saying about us, I thought it might be helpful for some of you to see the material (I know others of you think that even talking to an anti is a waste of time, so you can just skip this thread now...)

brady1_zpsed323167.jpg

brady2_zps852c9dd9.jpg

brady3_zpsee31467d.jpg

brady4_zpsd9590b43.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I'd say they're spot on with what we're trying to do! CC in schools - Check!; churches - Check!; Shopping Malls - Check!;
    gatorbait51 and Parrisk like this.

The first two paragraphs alone are very frustrating. The first sentence paints a picture of anyone with a pro-gun stance as an "extremist". They use words like "terrifying", alluding to people in possession of a firearm. Then they say our views are "controversial" when in fact they were established over 200 years ago and have stood the test of time.

I could go on...

Quote Originally Posted by McTufferton View Post
    The first two paragraphs alone are very frustrating. The first sentence paints a picture of anyone with a pro-gun stance as an "extremist". They use words like "terrifying", alluding to people in possession of a firearm. Then they say our views are "controversial" when in fact they were established over 200 years ago and have stood the test of time.

I could go on...
    This is part of their only strategy to win, demonize and vilify gun owners to people that do not know any gun owners. This is why we need to be more open about why we own firearms and why we carry? The soft sell works really well here. Be friendly, smile and just articulate your desire to defense your life and your family's lives. Most people get that the cops are at least minutes away. Sit in complete silence for 2 minutes doing nothing just watching the clock. 2 minutes becomes a long time. Further, don't do anything to perpetuate the caricatures the antis are trying to create. For example, when asked why do you need a gun, don't bark what part of shall not be infringed do you not understand, state something friendly back about even police with good 911 response times are still long when the criminal is in the doorway. Don't make this too emotional, we made the rational decision that we don't want to hide and hope the criminal leaves us alone, we want something that may be a motivator for the criminal to leave us be.
    Kahr CW380, Kahr P9, Walther P99AS

Quote Originally Posted by sliderbk View Post
    This is part of their only strategy to win, demonize and vilify gun owners to people that do not know any gun owners. This is why we need to be more open about why we own firearms and why we carry? The soft sell works really well here. Be friendly, smile and just articulate your desire to defense your life and your family's lives. Most people get that the cops are at least minutes away. Sit in complete silence for 2 minutes doing nothing just watching the clock. 2 minutes becomes a long time. Further, don't do anything to perpetuate the caricatures the antis are trying to create. For example, when asked why do you need a gun, don't bark what part of shall not be infringed do you not understand, state something friendly back about even police with good 911 response times are still long when the criminal is in the doorway. Don't make this too emotional, we made the rational decision that we don't want to hide and hope the criminal leaves us alone, we want something that may be a motivator for the criminal to leave us be.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yup, Yup, Yup!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

[QUOTE=sliderbk;3157675]... Most people get that the cops are at least minutes away. ...QUOTE]

Wow.. if they were sitting in their car, at the bar, at the end of the road, waiting for the call they couldn't make it to my house in 2 minutes.. Most responses would come from the PA State Police and their barracks are 28 miles of twisting dirt roads, so no less than 30 minutes. Sheriff is closer but still a good 20 minutes... local cop? what is that?
    Funny part is Binghamton NY is only minutes away, losts of Local, Sheriff and NY State Police as well as crime down in that valley.

Most anti-gun folks we are friends with have an open invite to come up for some basic weapons/safety training and plinking.

Some have and have also softened their stance... one said she felt physically ill when she saw the first handgun (a .22 cal plinker)
    Sig 210 and gatorbait51 like this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

OK now I want to see the survey they are talking about....could be fun to fill out and send back to them in their prepaid envelope without a donation of course....

I wonder ... what percentage of funds sent to these people actually goes toward payoffs and "grease" money to buy votes in the legislatures, versus how much simply covers their costs of running things? (Similar to knowing the percentage of donations to a charity actually get to the recipients.)
    manolito and gatorbait51 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    I always return the prepaid envelope to those organizations with a note that says, " Hahahahahahahaha. I cost you money".

I try to get on as many of their mailing and phone lists as possible so that I can drain their funds, time and resources. When they call, I ask them to hold for a second while I go into a quieter room, then set the phone down on mute and walk away from it.

If we all did this, then there would be no way for them to separate the chaff from the seed, we would invalidate all of their fund raising lists and make their job of raising funds and support infinitely more impossible.

EDIT: If I have time, I let them give me their complete talking routine, then when the money request comes, I tell them, "Not now, but please keep calling back." If I am really froggy, I try to draw out the conversation, politely stringing them along, with the intention of tying up time, money and energy.

Guerrilla warfare............
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    use their prepaid envelope to mail them a story on a justifiable defense shooting that saved lives.
    CWOUSCG and gatorbait51 like this.

Stuff the envelope full of Gun ads and magazine/accessorie deals
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    I always return the prepaid envelope to those organizations with a note that says, " Hahahahahahahaha. I cost you money".

I try to get on as many of their mailing and phone lists as possible so that I can drain their funds, time and resources. When they call, I ask them to hold for a second while I go into a quieter room, then set the phone down on mute and walk away from it.

If we all did this, then there would be no way for them to separate the chaff from the seed, we would invalidate all of their fund raising lists and make their job of raising funds and support infinitely more impossible.

EDIT: If I have time, I let them give me their complete talking routine, then when the money request comes, I tell them, "Not now, but please keep calling back." If I am really froggy, I try to draw out the conversation, politely stringing them along, with the intention of tying up time, money and energy.

Guerrilla warfare............
    I LOVE the way you think, Chorizo!!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf,
    and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
    -Rudyard Kipling

I wonder ... what percentage of funds sent to these people actually goes toward payoffs and "grease" money to buy votes in the legislatures, versus how much simply covers their costs of running things? (Similar to knowing the percentage of donations to a charity actually get to the recipients.)
    The Brady bunch is not the great anti-gun steamroller of the 90s. That organization is now badly strapped for cash. Frankly i'm surprised they can afford the postage for their mailings.

Brady bunch political contributions 1990 to present:

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence Summary | OpenSecrets

This says it all:

Individual donors gave 0 large ($200+) contributions to this PAC in 2011-2012.
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence Contributors | OpenSecrets
    CWOUSCG and NONAME762 like this.

Sun Tzu wisely says it is good to have your own agent in the Enemy camp.
    Aceoky and tdave like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    The Brady bunch is not the great anti-gun steamroller of the 90s. That organization is now badly strapped for cash. Frankly i'm surprised they can afford the postage for their mailings.

Brady bunch political contributions 1990 to present:

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence Summary | OpenSecrets

This says it all:

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence Contributors | OpenSecrets
    That means we are WINNING!!!!!!!!
    Sig 210 and Aceoky like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links