Illinois concealed-carry: predictions on crime reduction?

This is a discussion on Illinois concealed-carry: predictions on crime reduction? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got predictions on the practical impact the new CHL/carry statutes in the state of Illinois are going to make, in terms of the incidence of ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By Ghost1958
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By high pockets

Thread: Illinois concealed-carry: predictions on crime reduction?

Question Illinois concealed-carry: predictions on crime reduction?

Got predictions on the practical impact the new CHL/carry statutes in the state of Illinois are going to make, in terms of the incidence of crime?

Consider current crime levels, trends. Consider the unique aspects of Chicago's gang/drug/poverty problems.

* Chicago, general
    * Chicago, gang-related
    * Illinois state-wide, in general

Appalling 'rager incidents like this one, for example: Chicago mom beaten while waiting for child's class to let out.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

I read that today CCW. Appalling attitude of the school. When I see or read stuff like this it makes me feel like putting my fist thru a wall it really does.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I think its going to depend on a couple of things. One is will Ill keep balking and stalling so that you are legal to carry in a corn field but no place else or will they accept CC issue the permits and get out of the way mostly like the free states. If CC is still regulated heavily as to where and when one can carry there wont be much difference because the people will still be unarmed when they need to be armed.

Two, CC is allowed to be freely done there in Chicago which I highly doubt, then there will be a marked increase in failed attempts at robberies rapes etc though it may take some time for the actual rate of attempted crimes to decline while the hoods who have been used to preying on unarmed sheep catch up to the learning curve that the some of the sheep have guns and will redo their plumbing for them.

It will make a difference especially in the rest of the state but in Chicago itself it I think will be slower and less dramatic a drop in rate of crime simply because of the long history of gun ban and criminals being used to that, and the Cities reluctance itself in allowing CC to reach a point it can be effective in reducing crime rates in the short term or to the extent it has about every place else.
    JDE101 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I agree with you here on every point Ghost. The sad part is as you've said the Chicago mayor and his lap dogs won't budge a millimeter to make it easier for the good citizens who recently got their CC permits in the mail. Also as you said it will take at least 2 years for the statistics to roll in for the bean counters to 'work their bean counting magic.' Now I don't mean regular bean counters but rather for instance the FBI publishes a paper listing the various crimes across America. Now if the FBI did a paper just on Chicago but to also include the entire state of Illinois. Let's say just for arguments sake 2 years from now Chicago has had a reduction in armed robbery, armed muggings, rape burglary and home invasions. Then 3 years past that the same crimes dropped to even lower rates we both know the C-town political hacks still wouldn't back down but the voters might actually wise up...heck the voters might just RISE UP having seen the folly of anti gun Anti Freedom policies!
    Wouldn't that be grand?!?

It's weird. It's near 0300 and I'm tired but my mind lately seems sharper than ever. Someone here at DC told me in front of God and everybody that I reminded him of Patrick Henry. IDK. My first thoughts were he's drunk. Compliments don't usually get aimed at me. Usually stuff I don't need/want is what's aimed at me. Go figure.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Its 6 am here and Im finally thinking I can sleep. My mind unlike yours has turned to mush in the last hour LOL.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Well Sir I can't tell you why my mind seems sharper than it used to and if I did you would guffaw and not believe me.

I think any reduction in crime, in Chicago, in the near future, will be touted by Rahm as a result of his anti-crime efforts. I sincerely doubt anyone involved in Chicago politics will ever voluntarily agree that more guns in the hands of concerned citizens ever had, or will have, an effect on the crime rate in Chicago.
    JDE101 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Time will tell, but I agree with high pockets that the old boy Rahm will spin it
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Crime took a drop in Detroit after carry laws were implemented, However the antigun city officials wasted no time in informing the public that it was due to ramped up police work. Fortunately we now have a gun friendly police chief now, he believes that every citizen should carry, it will reduce crime, it's a no brainer.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

Obama's lapdog anti-gun mayor of Chicago would NEVER admit that honest, everyday, "common" citizens carrying guns had any impact on reducing crime! Facts and statistics would never influence an elitist minded anti-gun libtard who believes HE knows what is best for the "common people"!!! Those commoners could never take care of themselves! They have to wait for the government to take care of them!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

It will probably make a small difference, but the problems with that city go far beyond just the stupid gun laws. I predict that placing one fix, when probably hundreds are required, on the problem will have a proportionately small effect.

Links